Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4647661 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #750 on: December 18, 2007, 06:07:51 am »
Otoe I found a picture of the big vice set up.
      Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keith V

Life is good
« Reply #751 on: December 18, 2007, 10:13:22 am »
Pappy,

I went hunting yesterday afternoon. Without Greg. Had 7 come in and thought I was shooting a doe. Turned to be a button buck. Good eating.

Keith

Offline DanaM

« Reply #752 on: December 18, 2007, 10:19:15 am »
Dang Justin, wonder if the wife would let me have one, she's got 2 yorkies, thier cute but
thats all thier good for ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #753 on: December 18, 2007, 01:17:43 pm »
  Well to say I have some catching up to do is an understatement when I look and see 56 pages worth on this thread. Then as I started scanning through page after page my first thoughts were "boy them southern folk eat sleep and breath three things,,,eatin good grub, makin bows and sittin around the camp fire. Life is definately good,,,,,heck I even got jealous os the hounds.  LOL 
  But as I looked at that, I realized it is just the surface. Because I know that so much more is taking place every time you all get together. Not oly are you building bows, you are building life long relationships. You are building memories that last life times, and at the same time you are setting an example for generations to come.
  I look and see you all learning from each another, encouraging,challenging and helping each to be better bowyers. I see a familly that is an inspiration for us others to strive for the same. I see one of the most important things there is to building a good life. I see friends gatthering togther building a better community.                You all are inspiring,,,,,,,,,,Keenan

Offline Big A

« Reply #754 on: December 18, 2007, 03:15:59 pm »
if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn. This is Pappy's quote but Keenan you hit the nail on the head with your post. You just don't know what this stuff means to us. On second throught I guess you do.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #755 on: December 18, 2007, 10:20:14 pm »
I agree with Big A concerning your comments Keenan. Making bows and being involved with others making bows helps me stay in balance (mentally  :)) when everything else seems to be saturated with stress. I enjoy the simple yet artistic aspect of this hobby, sharing it with friends that enjoy each others company. Getting to hunt with the bows you've made is just icing on the cake. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #756 on: December 19, 2007, 02:38:54 am »
Dang Justin, wonder if the wife would let me have one, she's got 2 yorkies, thier cute but
Oh come on Dana, yorkies make good dog food for real dogs.  >:D Start talking to the wife now. Cowboy, your math is good.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #757 on: December 19, 2007, 05:36:10 am »
You figured it out Keenan,you are right I love building bows but the friends and the relationship
with my friends and the kids mean so much more.Just glad we are lucky enough to have a
place we can do it anytime we like.O coures the food is pretty good to. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #758 on: December 19, 2007, 07:50:46 am »

Don't knock the lap dogs.  I have a Pomeranian that will take you right to a down deer rain or shine.  He will also track squirrels down and sit at the foot of the tree that the squirrel is in.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #759 on: December 19, 2007, 07:57:19 am »
Now that ya mention it one of the wifes Yorkies does that on squirrels when were camping
he will sit under the tree for hours. Gonna have to take him hunting and see, but the ribbon
in his hair has to go ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #760 on: December 19, 2007, 08:48:12 am »
Gotta agree about some of them ankle biters, they were orginally hunting dogs till some female said " aint that so cute!" Used to know a fella who had weeenie dogs to hunt burrow critters,and a airdale for a kill dog. Mismatched lookin bunch,but could getter done!   Auggie.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline madcrow

« Reply #761 on: December 19, 2007, 08:57:40 am »
Piant his toenails olive drab and throw a camo bandana around his neck.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #762 on: December 19, 2007, 09:09:45 am »
Yorkies were originally bred to hunt rats, but they keep breeding them smaller and smaller.
Wife will love me bringing him home with his hair all tangled with burrs >:D

Manistique, MI

Offline madcrow

« Reply #763 on: December 19, 2007, 02:04:59 pm »
I came home from work last Sunday and there was a silky and a yorky tied to the front porch.  They had just showed up here.  Let's just say the dogs have spirit.  The male silky was trying to take on my female dog which is half lab and half pit bull.  He was standing toe to toe with her.  My wife was all for taking them to the pound to get rid of them, but you could tell that the dogs had been well taken care of and I knew somebody would be looking for them.  The owner came by Monday and claimed them.  She and her husband had the dogs out in the woods about four miles away putting out corn for the deer.  The male broke his colar (must have been a very weak collar) and took off.  She said the female follows him everywhere, so she took off behind him.  She gave my daughter a reward for taking care of her registered show dogs and promised her a pup out of the next litter.  She said because of the bllodline, the silky cost $1200 and the yorkie cost $1000.  Now that is a lot of bow staves.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #764 on: December 20, 2007, 06:02:23 am »
Never bought a dog,always had good friends like justin give them to me.I have had some great dogs over the years but Hannie and Sadie has to be some of the best,a wounded deer just can't hide from Sadie,best noise I have ever seen,I had Redbones for years and they could track great also but not nearly as good of a lap dog and I use mine for both.Nothing like a good dog. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good