Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4631056 times)

Offline seabass

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10605 on: April 18, 2014, 05:43:18 pm »
See ya next Friday fellas
Middletown,Ohio

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #10606 on: April 20, 2014, 01:09:43 pm »
Pappy, sure looks like you've made alot of great improvements to twin oaks, the road sure looks nice.
It's too bad we couldn't come this year, it's our 25th Anniversary, i thought "I'll take my lovely wife to the greatest destination in the world, we'd be surrounded by the worlds kindest folks, we'd dine on fine food, engage in the best activities, be able to bask in the sun" Anyone else see where I was goin with this? Twin Oaks and the Classic, but, I was told we were going somewhere else. So i have to spend it at a Bed And breakfast. So much for flintknapping on that weekend. But you have to suck it up sometimes and think of somebody other than yourself, she deserves it.
Hey, I found this picture that truely made me smile, one of the most generous guys I know, Jon, I'll miss ya buddy.
I'll watch for pictures on the prep for this years classic, i'll be with ya'll in spirit.
VB

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10607 on: April 20, 2014, 01:43:59 pm »
Mark, We will miss you and your wife this year but I guess it is understandable.  ::)
You could try telling her that Koan and his new bride will be celebrating their honeymoon at this year Tennessee Classic.  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10608 on: April 20, 2014, 04:36:56 pm »
Time is getting short see ya soon everyone.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #10609 on: April 20, 2014, 05:54:29 pm »
Mark, ya'll will be missed....this is one of the reasons why i brought Darla to Twin Oaks to propose. It will always be a special place to her..... Im not quite as dumb as I look  ;)... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10610 on: April 21, 2014, 06:19:07 am »
I hate that Mark,but you got to take care of that sweet lady.We will see yall next year I hope. We had a great working/meeting weekend.  ;) :) Got about everything done,ranges set,just need a little tweaking,got the new intercom and computer set up and ready to roll. I think if I haven't forgotten something we are ready to go. Little mowing and trimming early next week and then let the fun begin.  ;) We even had just a little time to doll up some bows. I put the Osage I have been working on in my vice Friday evening and took it out Sunday morning without 1 scrape. ;) ;D ;D ;D maybe this week,I really wanted to have it shooting by the Classic but beginning to wonder now if that is going to happen. Buttons for the main shoot and also new buttons for the SelfBow Challenge. Pretty cool. Beau's mount complete,[Thanks Michael] Jon and Dan rebuilding the sanding table.They done a nice job on it. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:49:40 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10611 on: April 21, 2014, 06:25:14 am »
Megan and Michael checking out the new PA system,works great. Gifts for Del the Cat,they arrived at my house un scaved,he should love these. Sally just taking it all in,she was born Easter last year so she was just a few days old at her first Classic, this will be her first real one. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10612 on: April 21, 2014, 06:28:02 am »
New signs for the Classic,and you would think this is Widow country,seems everyone has one. :-\ ??? ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10613 on: April 21, 2014, 06:30:47 am »
We took a little time out Friday evening to skin Dan's new Osage bow,man it is a sweet shooter. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10614 on: April 21, 2014, 06:37:41 am »
Supper Friday night. Salmon/collard greens and all the fixings.  ;) Me putting a wrap grip on Jon's brothers bow. Picture of Dan's and the other Brother Dan's bow,man we have to many Dan's around. ;) ;D ;D ;D Megan shows up Saturday morning to help out. :) Allen making some spoon trade points for the trophy arrows. They turned out nice. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10615 on: April 21, 2014, 06:46:25 am »
Beau and Art,the young and the old,getting the computer set up for the
scoring and registration for the Classic. ;) :) This will really save us a lot of time figuring out who won. ;) :) :) Always some Turkey showing up. ;) Allens new Osage finished,love the Bible verse his wife put on the limb. ;) GregB's knife with the handle installed,ready for finishing,looks great,I know his brother will love that. Hope yall had a good one. :) See some of yall in a few days and the others I hope soon. :) :) :)  This will be all the pictures until the Classic is over,then I will have a boat load I am sure along with everyone Else's.  :)Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10616 on: April 21, 2014, 05:52:45 pm »
Michael, I should would like to know what Megan is saying while she's pointing at Pops!

Collards and salmon look tasty, got the fingers still crossed. :) Motel Reservations are confirmed for three nights.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:49:13 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10617 on: April 21, 2014, 08:47:47 pm »
Pappy, sure looks like you've made alot of great improvements to twin oaks, the road sure looks nice.
It's too bad we couldn't come this year, it's our 25th Anniversary, i thought "I'll take my lovely wife to the greatest destination in the world, we'd be surrounded by the worlds kindest folks, we'd dine on fine food, engage in the best activities, be able to bask in the sun" Anyone else see where I was goin with this? Twin Oaks and the Classic, but, I was told we were going somewhere else. So i have to spend it at a Bed And breakfast. So much for flintknapping on that weekend. But you have to suck it up sometimes and think of somebody other than yourself, she deserves it.
Hey, I found this picture that truely made me smile, one of the most generous guys I know, Jon, I'll miss ya buddy.
I'll watch for pictures on the prep for this years classic, i'll be with ya'll in spirit.
VB

Sure am going to miss you this year VB.  Take care and congrats on such a wonderful wife and long lasting marriage!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10618 on: April 22, 2014, 08:59:49 am »
Hope it works out Eddie,counting on it.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #10619 on: April 22, 2014, 06:45:03 pm »
Eddie believe or not, but she was attempting some sort of rap nonsense and drove us all crazy.... but was all in good fun... She went to get back on the PA again Saturday and Pappy came flying out of registration and cut her off quick... got to love her though... Hope you make it up for the Classic.

Michael, I should would like to know what Megan is saying while she's pointing at Pops!

Collards and salmon look tasty, got the fingers still crossed. :) Motel Reservations are confirmed for three nights.
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"