Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649700 times)

Offline BDan

Re: Life is good
« Reply #11835 on: January 29, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »
Sad news Pappy. I'll raise my glass tonight and have a beer for him. He was one of the good ones (yankee).  BDan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11836 on: January 30, 2015, 05:23:25 am »
Yes he was Dan, I will miss him for sure, we have a little something planned Tomorrow for him at the Club and the funeral is tomorrow evening to lay him to rest. :( Not going to be the greatest weekend I don't think be we all got to deal with it sooner or later, never seen anyone get out of here alive. I do have a few plans for this evening so I hope to get a little shop time in to take my mind off of troubles, it always helps. Hope y'all have a good one. See y'all Monday. Life is Good, :) so cherish it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11837 on: January 30, 2015, 08:07:14 am »
I lost an uncle recently and tried to find a way to explain to my two young sons how to cope with loss.  To me, it helps to think back and remember all of the good times shared with a person.  Fishing trips, camping, deer roasts over an open fire, any ill-advised adventures, and all the funny things said and done over the years.  This takes a little of the edge off. Each person has their own way to deal with it.  Reflecting back helps me. 
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #11838 on: January 31, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11839 on: January 31, 2015, 08:44:08 pm »
Very nice tribute guys.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #11840 on: January 31, 2015, 09:39:07 pm »
I would like to thank all of ya from the Twin Oaks for sharing with us. That is one beautiful tribute to Art. Thanks again for sharing, Well Done. Bob

Offline TNArcher1969

« Reply #11842 on: February 01, 2015, 08:19:04 am »
Short gopro video of Arts tribute.. Great pics Jimmy

http://youtu.be/Bj-tqu9dkrk
"Stay Calm, Pick a spot, Shoot Straight"

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11843 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:49 am »
Its a testimony to a man's life when he leaves with so many friends.  He was a great ambassador for Twin Oaks!  If I could sum up what Twin Oaks is all about I could just say I knew Art!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #11844 on: February 01, 2015, 11:44:33 am »
What a great tribute to Art, thanks for sharing... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #11845 on: February 01, 2015, 02:25:30 pm »
     that is one the most touching things I have ever seen. I am sorry I couldn't participate. Truth is Arts' passing has effected me far more than I would have thought possible. a testament to the type of person he was, because I only knew him around 2 years and I am tore up. good bye my friend.

chuck  :'(
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #11846 on: February 01, 2015, 06:15:54 pm »
I'll say it also.
Thank you for sharing that very touching and appropiate tribute.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #11847 on: February 01, 2015, 11:12:29 pm »
Just in case I never get a chance, I'd personally like to thank all yall, appreciate all yall and all that you all taught me and all the good times there at Twin Oaks. Life is good!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:47:50 pm by lonewolf »

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #11848 on: February 01, 2015, 11:59:21 pm »
Life is good, but it can suck at times. 

The suck is made bearable buy the friends you have.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11849 on: February 02, 2015, 06:11:18 am »
 Thanks Jimmy/Michael for that, very nice. Well said Jon :)  Josh great to hear from you, you are missed greatly so come visit sometime. :)It was a good weekend, sad at times but made better by lots of friends and fellowship. :) We had a lot of folks down Friday evening/night to reminisce around the fire.  :)Lots of stories about Art and friendships in the club in general.  :)Not much work in the shop but lots of shooting/cooking and talking, very up beat most of the time and helped most everyone smile and move on as you know you have to do. I did take a little time earlier in the week to debark/chase a ring and lay out a new bow, I was by myself and I can't think of a better way to clear my mind. :) Here are a few pictures of the weekend.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good