Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632051 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Life is good
« Reply #870 on: January 21, 2008, 01:36:08 pm »
A little wood cuttin :D, that looked like big doins to me, ha. Looks like fun and a good meal to top it off - hope I can make it...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #871 on: January 21, 2008, 02:22:15 pm »
Cold looks like it was pretty dang balmy to me, 3 degrees here right now, 12 below last night with a nice brisk wind >:(

Somehow I don't think Greg ate all that cobbler himself Pappy ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #872 on: January 21, 2008, 03:24:36 pm »
Somehow I don't think Greg ate all that cobbler himself Pappy
That's right Dana, and I'm not the only one who had ice cream with it either!  ;D I didn't even eat all my pepper...would have liked to, but I would have paid for it later. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

CastIron

« Reply #873 on: January 21, 2008, 06:34:32 pm »
Somehow I don't think Greg ate all that cobbler himself Pappy
That's right Dana, and I'm not the only one who had ice cream with it either!  ;D I didn't even eat all my pepper...would have liked to, but I would have paid for it later. ;)

Well it did take Greg three runs at that cobbler before he got it done but pappy left out the photo of Greg finishing the cobbler off during the meeting the next morning I reckon the Scotch had all evaporated by then ???

And as for the pepper just a thin green skin was left looked like it was eaten from the inside out ;D ;D
and since the "leftover peppers" didn't make it out for supper on Saturday night Pappy must have given them to Sadie & Hanna :o :o

I hate to have much left over but you never know who or how many might show up at eating time so Greg and me ain't likely to get no smaller any time soon ;D

Offline RG

« Reply #874 on: January 21, 2008, 07:22:58 pm »
You got it Auggie let the carhart age slow and I told the club they might not like my style
I have been in management for the last 10 years and sure know how to delagate

Ron

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #875 on: January 21, 2008, 09:04:20 pm »
Congrats, Ron! I feel confident you will keep them boys straight..... I bet that Carhart stays pretty for quite awhile, now! :D

Wine and scotch...... I guess you boys are getting to be high class! Looks like I will have to wear my sunday best next time I come over!
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

CastIron

« Reply #876 on: January 21, 2008, 09:57:27 pm »
Wine and scotch...... I guess you boys are getting to be high class! Looks like I will have to wear my sunday best next time I come over!

Not to be worrying yourself with such as that,   the Scotch was a gift from a friend in England,   Macallan I think the label is faded from ridding in the camping cook box and it had been sitting around for awhile at that,  cause it says it was 24 years old... looks like if it was any account it would have been gone by then don't you think ??? ???   it did have a nice wood box that it came in thou with a silk lining and all but it makes a real nice apple cobbler ;D ;D ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #877 on: January 22, 2008, 02:36:34 am »
If Greg ain't got a s*it eatin grin on his face, he's got a fork stuck in it. I love your diet, Greg. ;)
   Gosh! I'm startin to get into the "Classic" mood also. 8)    Can't wait!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #878 on: January 22, 2008, 06:37:25 am »
We finished the peppers Sat. night,just didn't get a second picture.Cowboy come on down we will put you to work.Chad I wear a tie now most of the time. ;D ;D We eat a lot but keep the fat off by Working hard and playing hard. ;D Pat I stay in that mood most of the time. and you are right about Greg's grin. ;)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

tradrick

« Reply #879 on: January 22, 2008, 06:50:12 am »
OK Pappy,your gonna have to start shareing your recipe book.Seems like ya'll always have some great looking chow.I envy you guys to be able to do this nearly every weekend.tradrick

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #880 on: January 22, 2008, 09:02:02 am »
Well it did take Greg three runs at that cobbler before he got it done but pappy left out the photo of Greg finishing the cobbler off during the meeting the next morning I reckon the Scotch had all evaporated by then

Only one bowl of cobbler Friday night, and a very small helping Saturday for lunch...thankyou! :)

Greg

CastIron

« Reply #881 on: January 23, 2008, 12:00:33 am »
OK Pappy,your gonna have to start sharing your recipe book.Seems like ya'll always have some great looking chow.I envy you guys to be able to do this nearly every weekend.tradrick

Well the details can come later but most all of the recipes start out with:   400grs of ceder,turkey feathers & COLD steel applied at about 170 feet per second from a hight of 15ft  ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #882 on: January 23, 2008, 06:37:22 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

tradrick

« Reply #883 on: January 23, 2008, 06:47:37 am »
CastIron,I like the way you think.tradrick

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #884 on: January 23, 2008, 02:53:44 pm »
400grs of ceder,turkey feathers & COLD steel applied at about 170 feet per second from a hight of 15ft

You forgot the part about..."propelled by a selfbow!" :)
Greg