Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633783 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12375 on: May 26, 2015, 06:14:29 am »
That bridge looks awesome! Almost feel like I was there driving nails with you guys :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #12376 on: May 26, 2015, 06:28:46 am »
That bridge is colossal! You guys did a great job with it! A few bacon wrapped,doves on the grill and you'll be into the doves Pappy ;) Life is good.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12377 on: May 26, 2015, 07:18:41 am »
Thanks for the pics. You are truly blessed. I love seeing the property and what a group can do with desire, hard work and a communal spirit. Then y'all take what you have built and share it with all who come. Fantastic!

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12378 on: May 26, 2015, 08:45:05 am »
Great pics, Pappy!  You guys look like a bunch of professionals building that awesome bridge.  Have a good week! 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12379 on: May 27, 2015, 05:17:21 am »
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed. I got the brass sleeve on Bear's take down yesterday and the 2nd  limb laid out, it looked like very clean wood but as it has turned out it is quite the challenge. I think I have it figured out now and should work fine. I got home to a package from WY. ;) :) I had mentioned to Joe that I had bought a bunch of tickets at the Classic raffle to try and win one of his gun slings, He does some beautiful work and I thought one of his slings would go prefect with my little project. I had an old 30.6 refurbished for my son Beau that belonged to Reeks  my uncle that left me the farm [ Thanks Grant] and wanted a nice sling for it, well that is all it took. ;) I am blessed to hang with the best folks in the world. :) :) Thanks Joe, I know he will love it and can't wait for him to see it. :)WOW is about all I can say.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12380 on: May 27, 2015, 05:47:01 am »
Pappy:  There is no way I can ever tell you how important you folks at the Classic have been to me.  You have treated me like family and for an old man that is a blessing.  The effort you and the members make year around for all to enjoy the farm is second to none and I only wish I could be a part of that all the time!  The bridge you just finished is an example of the skill and effort you all make each year.  I know I am just one of many that feel this way!  On another note, the creek in front of my house has been overflowing for several days now and is in the process of washing out my bridge for the second time in three days.  Could be worse as there is enough snow in the mountains to do some real damage.  To bad I don't have the club members here to build me a real bridge. I am lucky to have such a small problem and yes "Life is Good"!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12381 on: May 28, 2015, 05:43:27 am »
I feel the same Joe, he saw it yesterday and loved it, he wants to get it on his rifle and get a picture for you. :) Thanks again. Well I  had another good evening in the shop yesterday. Got the other limb on Bear's take down bow ruffed out and the sleeve mounted on it. So far so good. I need to put them together and get it on the form for some heat work. :) I plan on that this weekend.  ;) If it all goes good it should be a cool bow, just enough character and knots to make it interesting yet good rings so should be reliable.  :) We will see ,long way to go yet before I will feel comfortable it will make it through.  :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12382 on: May 28, 2015, 08:57:27 am »
Wow!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12383 on: May 29, 2015, 06:03:51 am »
That's what I said Matt. Taking the old 30.6 with me today when I head down, Beau is coming tomorrow to put the sling on and maybe fire a few rounds.  :) Friday and looking forward to the weekend. We got the Dove field sewed yesterday and looking good, with a little rain we should be good to go. Got a guest coming this evening[Greg Gsulfridge] is in Nashville for training [ learning to read and write]  ;) :) He is from KY. ya know, :) and is coming when he gets out of class to stay the weekend. I got some bow work to do [Bear's take down] and my Dog Wood bow and also plan on putting him to work helping with pulling some deer stands. He picked a good weekend, we are planning on a big fish fry and club shoot Saturday evening and night so he will get feed very good. I got the take down put together last evening and worked nice, I need to get the limb floor tillered and then on the form for some reflex and tip alignment. Can't decide if I am going to do that one limb at a time or with it put together. :-\
Hope yall have a good weekend. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #12384 on: May 29, 2015, 09:23:03 am »
I am sitting in class now, looking at Life is Good >:D.  They are making me wear shoes, so I don't know how much math I will learn.  There is a lot of pictures to look at during training, so I am managing to stay focused. See you about 4:30 or so Pappy.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12385 on: June 01, 2015, 05:02:56 am »
Great weekend, good to have you for a few days Greg, really enjoyed our talks and managed to get a few things done. Didn't get my stand down, rain and also seemed to get side tracked a lot but did manage to get Bear's take down put together and on the form. we also did a lot for one of Greg's staves, mostly talked /shot and ate. Very relaxing weekend. Here are some pictures of the take down and fun. :) :) Getting the sleeves fitted. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:12:54 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12386 on: June 01, 2015, 05:04:46 am »
More on the sleeves and it slipped together. Roy and his grand son showed up for some bow work, we have 2 kids building bows right now. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12387 on: June 01, 2015, 05:12:49 am »
The kids shooting, Jon setting up one of their bows. Greg showed up and Dan working on some knife scales. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12388 on: June 01, 2015, 05:14:57 am »
Bill helping Linda with a Hickory bow. Greg getting an Osage stave to a ring and laid out and me doing the cutting work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12389 on: June 01, 2015, 05:17:50 am »
The rings were tight on Greg's stave so I was trying to save him some time by trimming off what wasn't going to be needed. Me getting Bear's bow on the form and R.P. spoiling Sally with some donuts. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:15:08 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good