Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649301 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12750 on: October 06, 2015, 04:42:19 am »
Thanks Guys, got the word yesterday, surgery will be at 6am on the 22nd of October. Best case scenario 4 weeks recovery, worst case depending on what he finds when he gets in is 3 months. ??? He is also going to take care of my carpal tunnel while he is working on my arm.
He said the recovery wouldn't be any longer and just well fix it while we were into it. I agree. ;)
Not looking forward to it but I got to get it fixed if possible. On a good note I have a good friend that some of yall know Paul Mchargue, the guy that won the IBO world in 2014 with one of my self bows sent me a picture of the buck he got last week, man what a deer. Congrats Paul.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #12751 on: October 06, 2015, 05:29:54 am »
Nice buck!!  Hope everything goes well with your surgery.  Hit the woods while you still can before they cut on you.

David

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12752 on: October 06, 2015, 07:29:28 am »
Sounds like things are going pretty good. I hope your recovery is pain free and results are miraculous. Really something to look forward to. God is good! Spend a lot of time at the cabin and enjoy your time. Lots to do with one arm. Might even take a personal best with a handgun. Limitations is what we are all about.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12753 on: October 06, 2015, 08:07:41 am »
Good luck with the surgery, Buddy. Best to get all of that fixed while the insurance is good.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #12754 on: October 06, 2015, 08:36:40 am »
Pappy, sorry to hear of your shoulder woes, Git'em fixed and for therapy you can break some hides :o ;D  Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12755 on: October 07, 2015, 04:56:04 am »
It's a growth in my elbow area Bob, thank goodness my shoulders are ok for now. :) Yes breaking hides should do it I'll ask the Doc about that. ;) It's about that time of year and I will sure miss hunting for a while but also I am really concerned about not being able to tan hides or work on bows, :( It is hard pulling work as you already know. :) Hopefully I will recover fast and by early December I will be back better than new. :-\ I really love doing hides in the colder/dryer months when I am not hunting. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #12756 on: October 07, 2015, 06:22:45 am »
My wife has had a bunch of hand, shoulder, and elbow issues. Actually she has another shoulder surgery friday. Her issues stem from college sports. Anyhow, we have learned it is best to take t he longest possible time to heal vs the shortest.  In the long run, it will give the area longer time to heal. I know your nature and you want to get back to tinkering asap, but drawknifing and scraping too early could destroy that new healing tissue. She has made this mistake more than once.

Big rifle youth hunt for us this weekend. Also we have a pheasant hunt on Monday. Maybe a sit in the bow stand too.  Busy busy. I visited with Davey on Sunday. He's doing great. He's on a handgun/ reloading kick now.

Good luck, 

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12757 on: October 07, 2015, 07:10:28 am »
Good to hear from you Glenn, do yall have plans to make it to TN. after Christmas ? Love to have ya and I should be up and going by then. ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #12758 on: October 07, 2015, 08:19:40 am »
Pappy, glad to hear it is not your shoulder, Hoping everything goes well with the elbow, and ease into the heavy hide work.  ;D Find some young bucks for that! Bob

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #12759 on: October 07, 2015, 08:39:47 am »
I am 10 months out after shoulder surgery and am just now starting to feel like it was worth it. I am still doing rehab at the gym and can give you one piece of advice that as guys we tend to ignore, DON'T PUSH IT ON REHAB!

I set my recovery back months by trying to be macho and not listening to the my rehab therapist, I caused myself a bunch of incredible pain by overdoing.   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12760 on: October 08, 2015, 04:33:20 am »
I hear ya Eric, I will try and do what the Doc. says.  ;) :) I heal pretty quick in most cases and handle pain pretty good also so I am feeling very optimistic about this whole deal.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12761 on: October 09, 2015, 04:08:37 am »
Friday, seems they come pretty quick these days. ;) I am heading to the cabin in a little while, got a few chores to do and then if the weather is wrong I plan on hunting this evening, calling for rain again  :o Either way I will find something to get into. Went out yesterday and man was it hot, seen 8 or 10 turkey and 5 deer but no shots. Maybe today. :) Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #12762 on: October 09, 2015, 06:54:21 pm »
LOL that fire building form has my admiration well done

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12763 on: October 12, 2015, 04:36:11 am »
Great weekend ,had some beautiful weather after Friday . We got in some hunting and a little shooting and shop time. Also got some clean up around the place, that never seem to end. :o
 Here are a few pictures of the weekend. :) Food plots are all up and looking good, with a little sun this weeks they should be rocking by the up coming weekend. ;) Also had another cable break on a lock on stand, yall please be careful they say to replace every 3 years but I feel sure most don't do that, so be careful !!!!. This is my second one in 2 years to break, lucky I am still quick on my feet. ;) ;D ;D Ya right. :) I have decided to change all mine out with chain. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12764 on: October 12, 2015, 04:39:25 am »
I have done 3 stands already ,only 10 more to go. :) Bill and Linda came by for some bow work, Bill is retired and has finished 3 in the last couple of weeks. I started with the leaf blowing and burning, if you stay ahead of them it sure make the work much easier. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good