Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4648555 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #960 on: February 12, 2008, 09:31:58 am »
Cowboy, even though I try not to ...I think I probably take it for granted at times. This string Pappy has been carrying on so long now and the responses we get from everyone helps us to realize we do have it really good here. Some of you guys need to move to Clarksville so we can share yall too can enjoy life in the way that we've become accustomed!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

CastIron

« Reply #961 on: February 12, 2008, 11:40:39 am »
Ya Cowboy,
When you see the welcome to Clarksville sign it says underneath   A Venison Roast in Every Pot (cast iron) and a Osage Stave in every Vise ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #962 on: February 12, 2008, 01:31:26 pm »
Speaking of roast,I am already thinking about supper Fri. night. ???  ;D Was going to do the brat thing but we done them for mid. day meal Sat. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #963 on: February 12, 2008, 02:22:09 pm »
Flipping the tips, is that with steam or dry heat? Good thing that youngster's a marksman with the spear or you'd have a flat ;D. Thanks, Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #964 on: February 12, 2008, 02:33:23 pm »
Tracy I use dry heat on Osage and got to where we use it on I.W. and have done some Hickory,
You really have to be careful with the Hickory and go real slow and get it real hot.I also oil the Hickory,never seen ant need to oil The Osage.Steam might be the safest way on the Hickory but heat is quicker.Ya the kid is a pretty good shot.Only got one in the leg this week. ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #965 on: February 12, 2008, 03:03:08 pm »
Speaking of roast,I am already thinking about supper Fri. night.
When's Grant going to do his famous Raspberry porkchops again!  ;D
Greg

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #966 on: February 12, 2008, 10:04:57 pm »
That's a bow man's paradise fer sure! If I make it out there I know I won't go home hungry ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

CastIron

« Reply #967 on: February 14, 2008, 06:22:19 pm »
Speaking of roast,I am already thinking about supper Fri. night.
When's Grant going to do his famous Raspberry porkchops again!  ;D

How about Friday think you can come out and play yet..... >:D >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #968 on: February 15, 2008, 06:43:30 am »
I can I can, ;D ;DPlan on being down early today.Had 2 loads of gravel dumped yesterday so
I need to get the blade on the tractor and get that spread before the rain if I can.I also
plan on rawhide backing my take down this evening.I got the tips finished yesterday so ready for rawhide and then finish tillering.Then skins,grip and seal.Can't get that all this time but maybe next week.Took Joanie out last night so I am good for at least another month. ;) May cut a little more wood,Hickory on top of the hill,Grant needs black pot wood so that should be good for that.
Some cooking, scraping,and shooting and who knows what else we may get into.Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.Life is good. :)
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #969 on: February 15, 2008, 09:13:43 am »
Hmm....Raspberry porkchops....the wheels are turning, what do I need to bring?  ;D
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #970 on: February 15, 2008, 10:49:57 am »
Yourself I guess,we will find something.Maybe Grant will chime in,haven't heard from him
so I don't know what his plans are.I did get the gravel dumped for his new black pot
kitchen so now all we need is rocks and some split Hickory. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keith V

« Reply #971 on: February 15, 2008, 10:51:53 am »
I will be down Sat. afternoon. The wife is going to visit the kids at school. What about those pork chops Sat. night? I need to finish up on my IW bow.

CastIron

« Reply #972 on: February 15, 2008, 12:13:08 pm »
I think Saturday will work for porkchops that way they can marinade a little longer,    Greg think you could find some Sweet taters they go pretty good with them pork chops?

So now what to do about tonight ??? ???

I hope to get down early today also to get started on those "Pappy's Autographs" signed Here posters for the classic  >:D ;D ;D

Offline Keith V

« Reply #973 on: February 15, 2008, 12:48:47 pm »
CastIron,

Anything I can bring for Sat. night.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #974 on: February 18, 2008, 07:06:23 am »
Had a great weekend.Got a lot done.I got my take down rawhide backed and the tips
on and trimmed down.Now it is ready to finish tillering.Got all the gravel spread and rocks
hauled up from an old home place to build Grants Black pot pit.Also got more wood cut
so now I think we have enough to get us by.We had Stir fried venison for supper Friday night and stuffed pork chops and garlic cream taters for Sat. night.Man Grant out done his
self on that one.Grant got his Hickory laid out and Greg got his Osage comming a long
nicely.He also got 2 Dog Wood bows roughed out.We got the bellies split off the Hickory we are using at the Classic so now they are ready to be busted into stave's.Here are some pictures.O ya we also got to shoot some so we had a full weekend.Life is good. :)
    Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good