Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633515 times)

Offline _Jon_

Re: Life is good
« Reply #13530 on: May 24, 2016, 01:06:27 am »
Good times had by all.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline chamookman

« Reply #13531 on: May 24, 2016, 04:34:51 am »
Man, that Pup is growing like a weed. Ya know Pappy - You need some sort of Flintlock to go along with those Horns You're makin'  >:D ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #13532 on: May 24, 2016, 08:25:38 am »
I was thinking the same thing, probably a flintlock squirrel rifle.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13533 on: May 24, 2016, 10:19:25 am »
She is growing Bob, she has almost doubled in size since the Classic when I got her. Ya guys I have thought about that but don't anything about them, guess I won't learn any younger. Flint lock squirrel rifle, now that might be pretty cool. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #13534 on: May 24, 2016, 04:23:54 pm »
It would make squirrel hunting a lot more fun pappy. You might even look forward to sneaking around out back.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13535 on: May 25, 2016, 04:32:06 am »
I might look into one, always looking for another project or hobby. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #13536 on: May 25, 2016, 02:19:49 pm »
Run down to Tip Curtis's place in Cross Plains, flintlock wonderland, kits, in the white and finished, any style you can imagine.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #13537 on: May 25, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »
ATF has changed the rules under which Black Powder rifles and pistols are sold.  The new rule looks like they will now have to be treated the same as rifles that fire cased ammo.  Meaning no more direct mailed to homes but must go through an FFL and background check for purchase.

Readable in PDF format currently.

Sad to see.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2016/05/26/2016-12364/commerce-in-firearms-and-explosives-secure-gun-storage-amended-definition-of-antique-firearm-and

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #13538 on: May 25, 2016, 07:47:14 pm »
I read it differently, relaxing the status of antique firearms instead of tightening them.

"antique firearm” will result in a cost savings to the licensee and ATF. Federal firearms
licensees are no longer required to expend resources to record transactions of any firearm
meeting the amended definition of an antique firearm contained in this proposed rule,
because antique firearms are not regulated by ATF. Since ATF does not collect any data
regarding these firearms transactions, and federal firearms licensees are not required to
keep records of these firearms, ATF is unable to measure the cost impact of amending the
definition of antique firearms except to indicate that licensees will no longer be required
to keep records on the antique firearms that meet the definition.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13539 on: May 26, 2016, 04:00:41 am »
Thanks Eric for the info, , Jon always reads the worst into to everything gives him something to wine about.  ;) ;D ;D Cross Plains is pretty close, I may check that place out. :) Now back to bows  ??? I got my Osage ready to brace and on the form last evening, it needed a little tweaking for string alinement and some reflex also checked on my Elm bow in the hot box. It seems to be drying out nicely and no more warping so I plan on bracing it back up Friday and see how it is looking. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #13540 on: May 26, 2016, 07:42:52 pm »
Rifle (old definition):

a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

Rifle (new definition):

a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

Shotgun (old definition):

a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.

Shotgun (new definition):

a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.

Seems Muzzleloaders are now classified as rifles as I read it.  Seems all the FFL's on the Gun Board I am reading says it looks like transfers will be required.  I guess we will find out soon one way or the other.  I'm certainly no expert in this field. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13541 on: May 27, 2016, 05:27:42 am »
I feel for you guys, don't matter much either way to me but want the best for those that it does matter to. ;) Anyway it's Friday and a long weekend to boot. :) I got a few things to do in the shop and plan if the weather holds to go to a shoot in the morning at Buck Hollow Archery club . Mike Scott is supposed to come down so that should be fun. I am working on another powder horn and my Osage bow, called it quits on the Elm bow, it is doing all kinds of crazy things that I just don't want to deal with, ??? so it will become a kids bow or I will cook Brats with it >:D Hope yall have a good one also and remember what Monday[Memorial Day] is all about. ;) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13542 on: May 31, 2016, 04:12:28 am »
What a great weekend, got some shop stuff done, went to a shoot and even managed to get some Bushogging done yesterday. I got my new Osage on the form and also a good start on another powder horn. Here are a few pictures.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13543 on: May 31, 2016, 04:15:05 am »
The horn has a Walnut end cap and plug, not sure what I am going to do with all of these but really enjoy fooling with them and I guess that is what matters. Also started another Reflex/deflex form.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13544 on: May 31, 2016, 04:17:24 am »
Boiled the horn to make the end cap fit nice. Then Saturday morning about 10 of us when to a shoot at Buck Hollow Archery. :) Lots of fun and ragging each other. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good