Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609220 times)

Offline TheSingingBowyer

Re: Life is good
« Reply #13710 on: July 26, 2016, 05:33:07 pm »
Lordy be...over 900 pages of "Life Is Good"...It may be time to change it to "Life Is Great"! That's a pretty good roll if you ask me. :) Glad to see you boys are still keeping the good fight. Looks like I will be back in Nashvegas for a few days in Sept. I am well over due for a pilgrimage to Clarksville... ;)
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13711 on: July 26, 2016, 07:45:37 pm »
Welcome back Chad. We've missed you and your music.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13712 on: July 26, 2016, 09:24:15 pm »
Oley crap! Where have you been? Good to see you back, buddy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #13713 on: July 26, 2016, 10:49:18 pm »
Chad, you have been missed at Twin Oaks.  Good to see you posting again. Do you still have any Nights Like This and High, Wild and Free CD's, mine are about shot.  Guess I've played them too much.  Have missed you playing the songs live for too many years.  Hope you're doing well.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13714 on: July 27, 2016, 04:00:14 am »
Man great to hear from you Chad, I tried to get in touch with you , but  a moving target like you is hard to hit. Call me sometime !! Hope you can make it down in Sept. be sure and let me know the dates, you playing in Nashville ?? if so where ? Well I am headed to court today at 8:30 for the arraignment on the guy that broke into my barn and stole my tree stands and supplies, they caught him the day he did it and he had some crack and other drugs at the time, probably won't do anything to him but I was Subpoenaed to be there. Should be fun.  ??? ::) On a good note I have almost all my stuff together for my trip North/truck in the shop for service and finished up the Powder horn and knife for the donations to the club at ElmHall. It will only be me and Beau going up Monday and we are really looking forward to this trip. He make it with me most ever year and I love getting to spend some time with my boy, don't get to do that as much as I use to and it is always a joy, at least for me. ;) :) :) We have at least 6 maybe 7 more coming later in the week so it should be a very good time for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13715 on: July 27, 2016, 06:37:45 am »
Good luck in court today.  I hope they lock that thief up for a long time.  He will probably get a slap on the wrist though. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline TheSingingBowyer

« Reply #13716 on: July 27, 2016, 07:51:03 pm »
As the saying goes, Pappy..."Cocaine is a helluva drug...". Glad you didn't lose your stuff. Someone stole some music gear from me a couple years back and it has been hard to replace, mostly because you get to using certain things and either you can't find it, or they don't make it anymore and you get to go through the process of trying out different things until you find one you like again...

Its been a turbulent few years with some health issues and buying a new property, but life is finally stabilized and I have been shooting my bows again and getting out and scouting new areas.

I will be in town over labor Day weekend. I will know details more in a week or so and will let you know. I will be sure to bring some CD's for the boys.

Looking forward to being able to post without filling out a questionnaire every time...haha! I swear I am NOT ISIS!! 
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13717 on: July 28, 2016, 04:33:13 am »
It's great to hear you are doing well now, life don't change much around here, and that is the way I like it. ;) I will be around that weekend for sure so let me know so we can get together, by the way I wanted to let you know we have your CD and 1 of the sound track on our new web site[twinoaksbowhunters.org] wanted to let you know that before it went live so I don't get sued. ;) :) :)
 To late now it's already up and running. ;) :) The guy that broke into my barn got a year in jail [locked him up yesterday] and owes me 1,600.00 in restoration , like I will ever get that. ::) He is a punk and I am afraid he always will be, I pray he will change but have my doubts  :-\ he had multi charges that should have put him away for 10 years at least but this system we have just can't seem to bring them self to doing that. ??? ::) O well not the first day I wasted but would have much rather been at the farm.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13718 on: July 28, 2016, 07:14:02 am »
They must have given him concurrent sentences instead of consecutive.  That doesn't seem right to me.  If a guy is going to commit a crime like burglary he's probably going to commit a bunch of them since he only has to serve one sentence.  If he behaves in jail he will likely be out in 6 months.  I hope he pays the $1600 but like you I'm doubtful.  At least you guys caught him and he didn't get away with it.     
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline TheSingingBowyer

« Reply #13719 on: July 28, 2016, 08:50:34 pm »
My royalty check will consist of a week at the cabin and a good osage blank...haha! Glad to be a part of the team any way I can...:)
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13720 on: July 29, 2016, 03:54:28 am »
You bet, anytime Chad. ;) Friday and I am headed to the cabin , lots to get ready for our trip to ElmHall.
I have 2 projects/maybe 3 almost finished for donations to ElmHall that need to be finished up, other than that just a peaceful weekend I hope, Little John I call him said he was coming down so I am sure he has a bow or 2 to work on and who knows what else we will get into. Hope yall have a good one also.
 See ya for a very very short time Monday before heading North to Yankee country, can hardly wait ;) :) :) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #13721 on: July 29, 2016, 09:53:16 am »
I will indeed be there. Taking a half day at work and I've got a bunch of possible projects loaded up in the truck.

Everyone look forward to pictures of me not knowing what I'm doing come Monday. :D

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #13722 on: July 29, 2016, 10:52:14 pm »
Y'all have a good weekend and be safe traveling come Monday... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline TheSingingBowyer

« Reply #13723 on: July 30, 2016, 11:16:30 pm »
Have a great weekend and safe travels up north!
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13724 on: August 01, 2016, 03:37:24 am »
Be headed North in a few hours, hope to see some of yall at ElmHall. I spent the weekend getting stuff ready to go and also working on a few gifts for Rocky and the boys. Great weekend with lot going on. Here are a few pictures of the fun. 1 Knife finished and another starter along with a powder horn. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good