Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611166 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13935 on: September 27, 2016, 07:14:06 am »
Another good weekend. I can't wait to get up there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13936 on: September 27, 2016, 08:06:30 am »
Congratulations Mark on your deer.  As usual, looks like a good time was had by all.  Miss ya'll down there.  Have a good season.  Trying it out here in Michigan this Saturday.  Hopefully, the weather holds out.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #13937 on: September 27, 2016, 09:04:55 am »
Makes sense that I leave and everyone starts having better luck. : )

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13938 on: September 27, 2016, 09:11:17 am »
Ya Little John ,you missed it by 12 hours or so. Eddie looking forward to it in Nov. I hope, ;) Matt shoot straight this weekend. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #13939 on: September 27, 2016, 09:51:07 am »
Hope the weather cools down and your season is blessed.  Things are well down here, making some smart decisions and good changes. 
Our best to you all. :)
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13940 on: September 28, 2016, 03:18:13 am »
Good to hear from you Steve, ya it has been hot for sure, but cooling down a bit now,71 for a high today, hope it holds till Spring. ;) :) Got 2 deer skinned and soaking in the cooler yesterday, I had a doe given to me so now getting a good start on filling the freezer.  :) That will make Miss Joanie happy and you know what they say about a happy wife. ;) ;D ;D I was skinning my deer and found my trade point, it had lodged deep in the off side shoulder and I guess came loose when the deer ran, glad to have found it so I can but it back in service. It busted the off side shoulder and went through to the hide on the outside, guess their is something to be said for 680 grain arrow. ;) :) All the arrow needs is some cleaning up and put back together, got to love that, ;) them sour wood shafts are tough. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #13941 on: September 29, 2016, 02:15:47 pm »
Looks like an awesome weekend pappy! Wish I could make it some time!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline HH~

« Reply #13942 on: September 29, 2016, 03:54:05 pm »
Pappy

Back from high country. Shame I could not stay til the snow drove me off Mountains. Great time, got on some good bulls, no shots. Bulls were real quiet but once I found some was on em everyday. Just could not get them to work worth a dang. 50yds was best I could do and with recurve that's no gonna get er dun. Lots of bears, nice big fat boars too.

Pretty time of year did about 75-80,000ft of elevation we figgered in twelve days. First six did lots miles looking for Bulls holed up with the cows!

Purdy country to be in with a bow in hand!

Saw that fat doe!!

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #13943 on: September 29, 2016, 03:56:57 pm »
Quaky

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bubby

« Reply #13944 on: September 29, 2016, 06:46:49 pm »
75-80,000 ft elevation!!!!! Yikes i hope you had oxygen lol. Nice pics
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline HH~

« Reply #13945 on: September 29, 2016, 10:20:54 pm »
Yep, that's both ways up and down over twelve days. Lots of climbin. You know what they say about climbing Mts that is the worst? Climbing down! I agree, hate climbing down.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13946 on: September 30, 2016, 04:54:33 am »
Great pictures Shawn, glad you made it home safe. It's Friday and you know where I am headed as soon as I can get out of here, you guessed it , the Cabin. Got a few things in the shop I want to do and also 3 deer to cut/wrap and put away, may even cook some of the fresh inner loins for supper. I plan on hunting this evening and Saturday, maybe even Sunday morning early. :-\ The weather has finely cooled and looks to be a good weekend, the White Oaks have finely started to fall here and with the beans turning brown the woods should be very active in the Oaks and persimmons . Hope yall have a good one also. :) Glad the site is back up, I was going through withdrawals.  ;) :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #13947 on: September 30, 2016, 10:22:04 am »
Man Pappy
Went and hunted this farm up on the Red in Robertson County. Never been in there but sat on a point/coner (beans & white Oak stand) last evening. I nearly fell off my stool in weed patch as a big 6x5 trotted right by me, nice deer but was gone in a flash. Then, a nice 4x4 wouldn't stop (hurry to get the white acorns first I guess? Never knew I was there ! Then, the does piled out by then kinda dark. Will go back in tonight or up in a tree if rain don't change plans.

Yes, I nocked a doe apart Yesterday. She in Ice box now.

Offline HH~

« Reply #13948 on: September 30, 2016, 10:00:07 pm »
Poked (harvested) :) a doe up in Adams Friday nite off ground. 15 of them tried to run me down. Took out the nearest one at 25yds. Went about 100yds and piled up next to beans.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:56:04 am by Smag »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13949 on: September 30, 2016, 11:43:15 pm »
Congrats on the deer, but please a little more respect for it, we don't poke/ stick /hammer  or what he get on term folks use / we shoot them and treat them in the greatest respect. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good