Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609385 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14820 on: May 15, 2017, 08:46:35 am »
A little peace and quiet at Twin Oaks. Enjoy it while it lasts, Pappy.
 How's the long horn working?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14821 on: May 15, 2017, 09:07:10 am »
Bow looks pretty good Pappy.I like those rock floors in my tractor shed where I work on bows too.An open air type working area.Every now and then I clean and rake things up.I looked once after cleaning the layers of different colored sawdust directly underneath my bandsaw.Looked like an archelogical dating history of years gone by....lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14822 on: May 15, 2017, 09:39:14 am »
Yes we rake things up now and then Ed and use it for starting a fire. In fact Bone Pile[Roger raked it up Monday morning after the Classic, it was a very large pile, now we use it for the fire and my girls love nesting in it [Sister and Sally] when they get worn down through the day. Pat it is going to work out  very nice, it has a very good tone to it as I thought it would, many thanks for it. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:00:06 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #14823 on: May 17, 2017, 03:49:20 pm »
I can't believe it's more than a week since I've been home.  Been busy and haven't made time to get on here and say a belated thanks to Pappy and the crew at Twin Oaks for putting on a great shoot as usual.  It was good seeing everyone again. Can't wait to get back down there. Thanks again guys.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14824 on: May 18, 2017, 03:35:27 am »
Great having you Dave and thanks for all you do for us, got to pay your rent ya know. ;) :) :) Hope to see ya in July. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #14825 on: May 18, 2017, 04:34:20 pm »
Glad to help to keep the cost of turkey hunting down.  Hope to see you in June. If not, see you in July.

David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14826 on: May 18, 2017, 08:54:12 pm »
Dave, I'll save you a pulled pork samich next year.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14827 on: May 19, 2017, 03:27:07 am »
Well it's Friday and I am headed to the cabin as soon as I can get away, it is supposed to be hot and we plan on a meeting in the morning and shoot the course before we take it down so that should be fun. Not many of the members get a chance to shoot at the Classic so we leave the range up for a couple of weeks so everyone that want to can at least get a chance to shoot it.  ;)Always a good time flinging arrows with friends. ;)  Other than that I plan on tillering on my Osage in the works and probably finish up my blow horn. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14828 on: May 22, 2017, 03:54:43 am »
Great weekend, not many pictures but did manage to get a lot done. We finely got the ranges down and everything straightened back up for the Classic, had a good meeting and making plans for the IBO World. I got my horn all tuned up and sounding nice and my Osage bow out to 14 inches and tip over lays on and ready to finish up, so I would have to call that a good weekend. Here are a few pictures. Bill cleaned on the napping pit, you can almost stand up again in it, it was close to foot deep. Linda got her new HHB stave ready to lay out and I put together another stave bench for the shop. Don from WI. left it with me to donate or use, I plan on using it in the shop and then put it in the raffle next Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14829 on: May 22, 2017, 03:56:51 am »
My Osage to first brace. Getting Don into some horn work and my Yucca plants making supplies. :)
Beautiful plants and very useful to have around. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14830 on: May 22, 2017, 04:01:29 am »
Gifts to TwinOaks put in there proper places. Thanks guys for the gifts, beautiful work. ;) Some of Chuck's knives he has been working on, very nice work for sure. Dan made a shadow box for the Thunder chert nap off points, I got them put in the box and mounted over the napping pit. Tip over lays glued up on my Osage bow and ready to finish them up. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14831 on: May 22, 2017, 04:04:25 am »
Shadow box in place. Tips ready to finish on my bow and my girls after a long day, they were worn out from running the range as we pulled the targets and of course chasing anything that would run from them. ;) :)  Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14832 on: May 22, 2017, 06:36:33 am »
Nice to see life back to normal Pappy. I'm sure your girls aren't the only ones tired out. Sure is good to see that " Life is Good"
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Parnell

« Reply #14833 on: May 22, 2017, 10:37:15 am »
Looks like it's really warming up.  Is the knapping pit totally shoveled out???!!! ???

Glad to see you are having some quiet time again.
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14834 on: May 22, 2017, 12:07:20 pm »
Probably lots of preforms wherever they dumped the knapping pit debris.  :OK