Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610771 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14895 on: June 13, 2017, 09:15:24 am »
Clint, Mythbusters showed that flatware wasn't a very effective load for a cannon or blunderbuss.  :-M
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14896 on: June 13, 2017, 09:44:24 am »
I feel pretty sure it will kill a Turkey at close range,10/15 yards, you will probably be picking a lot of shot out of the breast meat though with the pattern it has now. :) this load was 00 buck shot and #8
shot , just all we had on hand with 75 grains of powder I think. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14897 on: June 13, 2017, 09:52:58 pm »
I want you to load that thing up with forks and shoot a turkey.

You and seabass keep wanting me to shoot forks and nails.

I've said before. Buy me a new barrel and you can shoot whatever you want out of it.

: )

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14898 on: June 13, 2017, 09:58:52 pm »
Clint, Mythbusters showed that flatware wasn't a very effective load for a cannon or blunderbuss.  :-M

I was thinking entertainment more than effectiveness. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14899 on: June 14, 2017, 03:38:37 am »
Seems all come together at one time around TwinOaks, we got 70 new Rinehart targets coming in early after noon on a 53 foot tractor trailer that will have to be unloaded and unboxed and put away and also all the material is coming in early afternoon for the new addition to the target shed, going to be a long evening I am afraid. :o  Problem is most everyone that can help works a real job in the afternoon. ??? ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14900 on: June 14, 2017, 09:52:39 am »
Yeah I'll be up all weekend to build the shed but I have to work till 10PM tonight : (

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14901 on: June 15, 2017, 03:35:00 am »
No problem Little John, we got it squared away. ;) The targets came in and also the lumber. We got the targets all un boxed and put in a good spot until they go on the range and all the material for the shed put right beside where the building is going to happen. I still have to pick up the tin/ridge cap and screws for the roof but I think we have everything else. Of course this weekend is Father's day so that will put a hamper on any work Sunday for most. I think we can get the walls and roof up Friday evening and Saturday if the weather will be nice. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14902 on: June 16, 2017, 03:25:46 am »
Friday and a big weekend planned, we got all the material in for the new shed project, now if all the boys will show up to work we hope to get it at least framed and a roof on this weekend. The weather is going to be hot and looks iffy on rain so we will see how that goes, if it rains I always have something to do in the shop. ;) [Happy Father's day by the way]  ;) :) :) Hope yall all have a good one. ;) See ya Monday. :)
Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #14903 on: June 17, 2017, 09:42:50 am »
Friday and a big weekend planned, we got all the material in for the new shed project, now if all the boys will show up to work we hope to get it at least framed and a roof on this weekend. The weather is going to be hot and looks iffy on rain so we will see how that goes, if it rains I always have something to do in the shop. ;) [Happy Father's day by the way]  ;) :) :) Hope yall all have a good one. ;) See ya Monday. :)
Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
wish I was closer I would pitch it.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14904 on: June 19, 2017, 04:12:32 am »
Yep wished you was also John, you would sure fit right in. We had a very good weekend, worked Friday evening and Saturday until we ran out of supplies. Got all the targets moved into a good place and got the roof and front wall up on the building, all we like is the rest of the siding/garage door and some wiring. Close enough that we can use it if we need to , to get our new targets out of the weather. Here are a few pictures of the fun. :) Also topped off the weekend on Father's day with a good meal with Miss Joanie/Beau and Christina, always great to spend some quality time with the family. ;) :) Had a little time Friday to shoot my new Osage and put a coat of sealer on the skins and touch up the tip and shelf. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14905 on: June 19, 2017, 04:18:11 am »
Got all the targets accounted for and put in the dry, we got some new ones this time I think everyone will like, Pheasant /large Stag and rising Boar. Sister just hanging out. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14906 on: June 19, 2017, 04:19:53 am »
Sally doing the same. ;) Getting stuff laid out Friday evening for the working Saturday, this way we can get going early.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14907 on: June 19, 2017, 04:21:21 am »
Good crew Saturday morning and got off to a fast start.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14908 on: June 19, 2017, 04:22:47 am »
Getting it done, rafters going up.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14909 on: June 19, 2017, 04:26:46 am »
Tin on by mid afternoon, had a great lunch of Deer Bar BQ and chips then went back and cleaned up the mess and put siding up till we ran out of material. Had a nice fire from the scraps, not that we needed it, it was 94 Saturday but we always keep a fire going. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good