Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633080 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14925 on: June 26, 2017, 03:58:21 am »
Bill doing some napping. Shawn and Garrett working on a yew bow and John working on some bow strings. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14926 on: June 26, 2017, 04:01:50 am »
Popped a splinter on my knotty Osage,  :(got lucky and was able to work it out, I think it is good now but only time will tell. A bunch of the guys came down to do some shooting and get warmed up for the IBO. Bill still napping. ;) :) He loves that stuff. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14927 on: June 26, 2017, 04:05:26 am »
Cutting some snap nocks in my sour wood shafts. Dan working on a plan to mount the Moose antlers.
Garrett still at the yew bow work, he is eat up with it right now, hope he stays that way. He built a bow with Matt at the Classic, I told him Matt would be proud. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14928 on: June 26, 2017, 04:10:38 am »
Bending some hooks in Garrett's yew bow. Beau came down Saturday evening and brought me a couple of old hooks and pulley's that came out of an old hay barn, His brother in law thought I might like them, and he was right. ;) Arts wife is cleaning out a lot of his stuff and she brought this down for me, he was our token Yankee and guess he thought this would help him fit in, ;) he fit in just fine and we all miss him very much. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14929 on: June 26, 2017, 04:13:41 am »
Chuck showed up Saturday evening for a visit, he has been sick for a few weeks and it was very good to see him back out and about. He brought his latest knife project, it is ready to glue up and is a beauty for sure.  ;) That's it for this week. Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14930 on: June 26, 2017, 05:12:52 am »
As always - Thanks for posting Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14931 on: June 26, 2017, 06:13:13 am »
+1 what Bob said Pappy. Always a good read for a Monday morning. (-P
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14932 on: June 26, 2017, 09:59:25 pm »
Looks like a good weekend!

I caught my wife's cold even though I tried all last week to avoid it, which isn't good because today I started my new job. Had to get dressed up and everything.

I'm going to try to come up there Saturday if I'm feeling better otherwise I'll be up next weekend for sure.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14933 on: June 27, 2017, 03:47:46 am »
Hope you feel better Little John, must have been the Pizza  ;) ;D ;D ;D The wood is supposed to be in for the new target shed this week and we hope to put it up this weekend also the guy is coming today to measure the garage door so the building is coming along. We also plan on laying out the 4 ranges for the IBO Trad. World, only a month away. Yipes !!!!!!!! Dan showed up yesterday and we got the repaired
Moose antlers put up , they turned out nice and look really good where we put them. ;) Nice addition to the wall. ;)  I finished shooting in the R/D Osage I am building for a lady friend yesterday also,36@26 1/2, prefect, :) now on to the finish work and some arrows.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14934 on: June 30, 2017, 03:50:58 am »
Friday and as usual I am headed to the cabin when I get away from here. We have a lot to do in the next few weeks and hope to make some head way this weekend. The wood came in for the target shed and hope to get it nailed up this evening and Saturday morning, also we plan on tearing down the practice range and lay out the 4 ranges for the IBO Traditional World. Lots of mowing/bush hogging and general clean up so we should stay busy. ::)  Might even get in a little time in the shop. I have 2 bows I need to put the finishing touches on and a set of arrows, hope to work that in somewhere. Hope yall have a good 4th weekend see ya Monday. :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14935 on: July 03, 2017, 03:33:03 am »
What a good weekend, hot but we managed to get a lot done. I got my 2 Osage bows ready to put some finish on and started a 3rd for another good friend I promised to make one for. I am trying to get all these I have promised out of the way so I can maybe make me a new one for this upcoming hunting season, if not I have plenty of bows to hunt with and after Sept. I should have the time. :-\ We got the shed all closed in and about 1/2 full already. Here are a few pictures of the fun. The Moose horns I repaired put on our wall. They look really good up there. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14936 on: July 03, 2017, 03:41:28 am »
Bill got one of him Lam bows shooting, turned out nice after some piking. A couple of items I found cleaning out my garage at home. I have had the Bayonet for years, we looked it up on line and it is from WW2/Jap and it said very rare, :) Guess I won't use it for chopping any more, ;) it had 3 zeros on it for markings. Also a old rake of some sort I plan on putting a handle in. No telling what else I might fine when I finish the clean up. It looks about like the shop at the cabin. ;) 3rd Osage in the works, I got it floor tillered and to brace, then out to 30lbs @ 13 /looking for 50@28 . Dan doing some trim fitting of a board for the shed. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:44:30 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14937 on: July 03, 2017, 03:45:58 am »
My girls just cooling it in the shad of my truck, then work starts on the shed. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14938 on: July 03, 2017, 03:49:20 am »
We had about 3 crews going on different walls, also Michael put up the last for Cabinets in the Kitchen.
The kitchen is all done except for the blown in insulation in the ceiling and that is supposed to be done Today. :-\ Of course it was supposed to be done last week. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14939 on: July 03, 2017, 03:52:27 am »
Garrett showed up to work on another Yew, he had one blow this week but right back at it, I told him if he deals with wood bows much it is going to happen and all you can do is get back on that horse and ride. :) Shed all closed in, and clean up, looks very good and shot stand for years. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good