Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610402 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15030 on: August 14, 2017, 03:30:57 am »
Garrett and I with the pair of snake bows and doing some more shooting. Hope yall had a good one also,
Not much time for pictures this week. ;)  Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15031 on: August 14, 2017, 08:14:09 am »
Those are some really snaky bows Pappy. Looks like your getting settled back in again. Good Luck with the scouting, hope you find good sign.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15032 on: August 15, 2017, 03:17:02 am »
Ya BJ, You don't see them that snaky very often, these were sisters as you can tell when they are held up together. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15033 on: August 15, 2017, 05:38:40 am »
Garrett just sent me a shot of the Yew bow we straightened Saturday, he has it shooting and looking really good. Can't wait to see and shoot it. (SH)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #15034 on: August 16, 2017, 06:10:10 am »
Garrett's Yew has come along way. Looks to be a snappy Lil hunting rig. Saw some of the your crew at Boogers and Jamey's place on Sat. Was a fantastic Two Man Shoot-off Bracket with 24 folks, 12 teams on Trad side.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15035 on: August 17, 2017, 03:11:54 am »
Ya Shawn I would have loved to made it, but someone had to take down the ranges and get the targets back in order, I try to support the local clubs but not at the expense of ours. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #15036 on: August 17, 2017, 06:04:07 am »
Gates open today for the 25th annual Traditional Shoot at Hawkeye in Western NY. Lots of fun planned for the weekend! Davey and Chuckie are doing a seminar on sinew backing. I'm doing one on turning feathers into Fletch. Bluegrass band Saturday night. I just hope the rain doesn't hit us too hard tonight.   (SH) (SH) (SH)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15037 on: August 17, 2017, 06:30:37 am »
Good luck with it Glenn, tell all the boys ha, ya rain can stink at an event but if you play outside you can get wet.  :o :o Hope to see yall in Dec. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #15038 on: August 17, 2017, 08:40:45 am »
Yep, I asked if they wanted to take some down on Friday after we took that tent down but nope. Could not pass up taking that Pot of $ by flingin arra's for a few hours. I reckon that deer bow is ready? I asked yer folks if they was hotfootin it back yer way to pull those.

Checked my Food plots after these heavy rains. They were OK and all up and going nicely. Got to get in and Broadcast some 10-10-10 soon. Caught some deer already on em this week cutting and limbing stands.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15039 on: August 18, 2017, 02:46:06 am »
Friday and looking forward to a good weekend at the Cabin, worked on a couple of stands and a ground blind yesterday and day before and done a little scouting, looks like as of now the white oaks may be a little scarce this year, :-\  only checked a few trees but not many showing up as of now, looks like lots of persimmons  and Beech nuts though so that is a plus. Also put out a couple of trail cameras. Don't get into that much but it is fun from time to time to see what is around. I have corn on my place this year so it's hard to watch the fields and cameras help with that. We also have a meeting at 8am Saturday so it will be fun to gather with the guys and see what has been happening with them since the IBO World. Plan on doing a little shooting and start getting my hunting arrows tuned and ready for action.  ;) Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. ;) Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #15040 on: August 18, 2017, 08:55:49 pm »
Hey Mark good to see you guys are still at it hope everyone is doing well hope to get back up there to see everybody again.
Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15041 on: August 18, 2017, 11:31:24 pm »
Hey Ronnie. It won't be long before the Tenn Classic. We miss you.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #15042 on: August 19, 2017, 11:45:32 am »
Thanks Pat life sure has changed since we were sold out really had to stay on top of my game. so far so good.  (=) Yall take care of one another.
Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15043 on: August 21, 2017, 03:10:48 am »
Man it is good to hear from you Ronnie, I think of you often when I use the fire pit tools you gifted me, we always have a good conversation about you at the Classic and your 90 inch bows and of course at the Boil. More salt  ;) ;D ;D ;D   Hope you can make it back someday. We had a great weekend, good meeting and then just some bow prep work /shooting and plane on hanging out. I did get east of the creek bush hogging done and a few stands checked out. Looks like the white Oaks are going to be a bit scares but I like them that way but plenty of persimmons and the best crop of beach nuts I have seen in several years, also red oak seem to be doing well also which is good around here for later in the season. I also got my camp trailer cleaned out and ready for some maintenance work inside and out to get ready for our trip out west next September, it has been several years since I have done that and found stuff I didn't even remember having, that is always cool.  :) :) Here are a few pictures of the fun.
My girls of course and gathered some Yucca stems for later use.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15044 on: August 21, 2017, 03:14:02 am »
Taking a few pounds off a bow Kevin and I built for him in 2003,we also added tip over lays and a new hemp wrap grip. :) Osage and had picked up 7 or 8 pounds over the years, still standing straight and shoots great, it has been a few years since he hunted but if fired up this year. Great to see. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good