Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609751 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15330 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:14 pm »
Yea, Mark, it's killing me. I've been bored to tears and don't even get the stitches out till tomorrow. Looks like y'all will get some cold weather to boot that week. I'll see them at the Wedding Saturday afternoon and wish them a good trip. Good luck hunting to all of y'all and tell my Tenn. Buds I'll see them in May.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HH~

« Reply #15331 on: November 12, 2017, 11:04:22 am »
You don't tear up them stiches Crazy E. or Mama's going to jerk a half hitch in yer tail.

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15332 on: November 12, 2017, 04:55:24 pm »
Ya take it easy Eddie, we will miss ya. Just talked to Chris and Shane. They should be here in a couple of hours. I got the fire 🔥 going. Life is good. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15333 on: November 13, 2017, 04:18:48 am »
Sounds like your starting to get use to the retirement Pappy. I'm starting to look forward to it myself. Still got a few years to go yet. Congratulations on the successful hunting.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #15334 on: November 13, 2017, 11:59:15 am »
Looks like y'all are livin good Pappy 👍... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15335 on: November 16, 2017, 04:14:56 pm »
Yep , had a great time, Chris and Shane left for SC this morning. We had a good time , lots of hunting/eating and laughs around the fire [mostly about Eddie ]  ;)Both had opportunity's but couldn't make it happen as did I .We all seen some really nice bucks from the stand but Anyone that has done this very long knows how it sometimes seem very hard for all to come together for the shot even though you have game at very close ranges. That why we call it hunting , not killing. :) Got to see some really nice ones come through from some of my muzzle loading buddies, they took out some very nice deer this week. Big gun opens Saturday and I am sure they will do well all around me. :o GregB and Jimmy took 2 this morning, Greg a nice 8 point and Jimmy a nice doe, both with FG recurves.  ;) :) :) Greg has struggled this year so it was good to see him finely score. I will have more pictures of the week when I get back home Sunday, I am headed back to the cabin in the morning for another few days. ;) Hope yall have a great week end. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15336 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:31 pm »
That's a nice buck!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15337 on: November 16, 2017, 09:37:01 pm »
Sounds like a good week. Congratulations Greg and Jimmy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HH~

« Reply #15338 on: November 17, 2017, 07:56:22 am »
Greg
You, did well on this one. The Triple Oak paid off!? He looks good on that bed of fresh leaf litter.

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15339 on: November 19, 2017, 02:20:37 pm »
Had a great week and weekend. It was a realy pleasure having my FL. buddies up for a few days, I think they enjoyed it. I know I did. Also had a good week end of hunting and shop work. Here are a few pictures of the last week or so. :) My 3 point early in the week. My girls are really enjoying this deer season and some of the last leaf burning, hope they are done for this year. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15340 on: November 19, 2017, 02:24:30 pm »
Trees are all clean now, finely. This is a nice buck I found it the last field off the road that goes through my farm. He had been shot with a gun. I talked to the game warden and he let me have it to process, really sad some folks do this kind of stuff. :( >:( >:( My ash bow floor tillered. Little John setting by the fire working on some spoons. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15341 on: November 19, 2017, 02:28:43 pm »
Big A's 5 point. Congrats A  ;)  Beau/Christina and Margaret Ann came to grind Beau's deer and package it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15342 on: November 19, 2017, 02:31:06 pm »
They hung out for a good while, Margaret Ann ant much help yet. ;) :) My new ax hand project. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15343 on: November 19, 2017, 02:35:43 pm »
Osage handle in the works. Them Muzzle loaders knocked down some nice ones, the first was killed just across the road from my farm, Beau had him 8 yard the day before and couldn't get a shot with his bow. ???  That's how it goes. ::) ;) :) Some of Woody's latest had made stuff. He is really getting good at that stuff. :)
 PAPPY
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15344 on: November 19, 2017, 02:39:17 pm »
Then the FL. boys feed me some supper, Scallops, man they were good. I did throw in some back strap.  ;) I messed up on the fitting of the big AX head so had to use another smaller head instead, O well it needed a handle also. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good