Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632541 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15345 on: November 19, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »
Jimmy scored and also GregB's buck, nice joy boys I think we as a club have taken 14 so far with Trad/Primitive bows. Me getting ready to process the pouched buck, waste not want not. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15346 on: November 19, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »
Allen scored on a nice buck with his recurve and then some bow work.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15347 on: November 19, 2017, 02:50:37 pm »
Sally got her quiver on and ready to go shoot. ;) :) Sister just taking it all in. Greg and Allen's buck skull caped. :) Then I got a good surprise , Jeff and his wife from Utah showed up for a visit. He is on here all the time jeffp51. They are really nice folks and I really enjoyed visiting and showing them around.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15348 on: November 19, 2017, 02:54:56 pm »
He had to do some shooting while at TwinOaks and my bows were to short of a draw for him so Shawn stepped up and let him soot his, very good shot and seemed to really enjoy it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15349 on: November 19, 2017, 02:58:19 pm »
Great way to end a great week, good friends. ;) Like most that I have meet from here for the first time, seemed to have known them all my life, this is for sure a very special group. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #15350 on: November 19, 2017, 06:19:54 pm »
I had a great time with Pappy and Jimmy, and his son Logan, and everyone else at twin oaks. Everyone was just as nice as I have ever heard, and my wife and I felt right at home. It was the best part of the whole week. Shawn's bow was beautiful, and shot really smooth. Thank you all, it was great to make some new friends.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15351 on: November 19, 2017, 07:48:00 pm »
OK, Jeff, you're hooked.  ;)  Hope to see you at the Classic sometimes.  I felt the same way at the first Classic and ever since.   (=)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #15352 on: November 19, 2017, 11:00:38 pm »
There is a good chance of it some day Pat.  I didn't think my wife would go for it, but on the way back to Nashville, she started talking about how we could do it some time, and how I could pack a bow on a plane. . .

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15353 on: November 20, 2017, 02:21:22 am »
That Gran-Baby is growing like a weed Pappy. Lots of Deer for the freezer too, can't beat that. Glad to see the Girls aren't getting "Spoiled" also - thanks for sharing Pappy  :OK. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #15354 on: November 20, 2017, 04:07:16 am »
What a great time, Pappy. You and TO are a treasure for sure. God Bless. I love the pics. It brings joy to my heart each week.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #15355 on: November 20, 2017, 04:47:33 am »
Some great pics there Pappy... not sure the two guys havin' the Antler fight are really committed to the battle tho' ;)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline HH~

« Reply #15356 on: November 20, 2017, 07:07:18 am »
Pap

I have to tell you. I thought that bow I shot at IBO was going to pop when Jeff ripped it back to 30" or so. Then, I see yer photo at full draw and it don't look so bad. That piece of wood had more checks than a checker board. They were very nice folks hope they can make it to the big shoot in May.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15357 on: November 20, 2017, 09:53:21 am »
Pappy glad you and Jeff meet up. I'm due to visit my buddy in Clarksville again.
Smag that bend looks real nice.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Otis

« Reply #15358 on: November 20, 2017, 05:31:44 pm »
Looks like everyone had a good time.  Only been a couple of weeks since I was down and I'm ready to get back. Twin Oaks has that effect on people for sure.  Congrats to everyone on their deer.  I finally got one with the muzzleloader Saturday evening.  Been a couple of years for me.  Debbie was getting on me wondering if I still knew how to kill one.  Still need some more, freezer is low. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15359 on: November 21, 2017, 04:06:24 am »
Congrats Dave, pictures or it didn't happen  :) ;) ;) I am headed out again this morning, weather was great yesterday, clean and cold and is supposed to hold like that at least through Thanksgiving. Beau is coming to hunt with me Wed. and Thursday morning, looking forward to that. ;) Hope all have a good one, we sure have a lot to be thankful for. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good