Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609901 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15375 on: November 26, 2017, 06:05:17 pm »
Now for the clean up, I have 4 more walnut and 1 poplar to cut but they are near as close to the buildings and shouldn't be a problem. The view has changed a bit but I sure feel better with all these freaky storm we seem to have now days.  ??? Hope yall had a great Thanksgiving weekend also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15376 on: November 26, 2017, 06:11:20 pm »
Glad you got them down safely Pappy.  It's always a big relief to see them hit the ground where you wanted them to. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15377 on: November 27, 2017, 02:24:19 am »
Lookin' good Pappy  )W( ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15378 on: November 27, 2017, 06:23:52 am »
That big maple looked especially threatening Pappy. I'm sure the view is different and you might miss the shade but maybe you can plant a few more in some strategic locations. Better than loosing a building. We have so many dead ash here, it's hard to believe how many people still have them standing in their yards next to their buildings. I'm thinking if the weather holds out here I might try to get some more out of my woods. They are falling every way the wind blows now and it's not safe to walk through the woods anymore. Not to mention almost impossible to walk through it.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Parnell

« Reply #15379 on: November 27, 2017, 08:36:14 am »
Good stuff, Pappy.  I cleaned up the tree line next to my house considerably after the hurricane.  Not playing that game.  Enjoyed the pictures.  Surprised me how big Jimmy's boy is getting.  Amazing.

Looks like you had some great weather for the holiday.  I went out into the Everglades bass fishing on Saturday with my buddy and next thing we ran into about 20 gators that were 12+ foot, all laid up with each other.  Amazing to see but definitely didn't stay in the area long!  I'd never seen so many bigguns in one place.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15380 on: November 28, 2017, 05:34:03 am »
Thanks guys, I think I would be moving on myself Steve if I came up on that many big ones. Yipppppppppps. BJ our Ash are still doing good here, these were just in the wrong place. ;) I really hate cutting the Walnut also but as I said just in a bad spot. I started cutting 7am yesterday morning and stopped about 1pm, Ma was I whooped, ???  Bill showed up to help and we have all but one small section of the big Ash cut and ready to split and add to the wood pile, we plan on finishing that this morning. Then a bunch of limbs and brush to haul off and the mess will be cleaned up. Then on to 4 more large Walnut trees. You get 2 good saws running with someone that knows how to use them you can get a lot done in a few hours.I told Bill I use to be able to do this all day, but now a good half day is about all I could take. ??? I talked to Dave O yesterday they had a great weekend of deer hunting, I laughed and called it shopping[Rifel/Muzzy] but they are sure filling the freezer. Connor's doe, Dave's small buck and Debbie took one also I can't find the picture of. ;) Shawn also took a nice buck with his Recurve, so there is still some deer out there, I just need to get back after them. Maybe after the trees are cleaned up. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #15381 on: November 28, 2017, 02:07:42 pm »
Thanks for posting those pictures Pappy.  I'll send you a picture of Debbie's buck. We're going to start butchering tomorrow and will be doing that before we do any more hunting for sure. Debbie is learning how to skin and cut the meat off now too.  Before long she want need me for anything except my pay check.  Ya'll have a good one.  Don't let all those downed trees get the best of ya.

David

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #15382 on: November 28, 2017, 04:54:17 pm »
Sure changed the look of things
gotta do what ya gota do
good job getting them down safe
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15383 on: November 29, 2017, 03:44:25 am »
Thanks Dave I will post her buck, as usual she out done you again. ;) :) Ya Guy I hate cutting them but as you said you have to do what you have to do. I will sleep better during a storm. Bill and I got it all cut up yesterday. Shawn showed up and we hauled off all the brush and limbs and also got a lot of the smaller stuff split. We will break out the log splitter this weekend and finish the large ones and get it stacked and ready for winter and the Classic. :) Now I am headed to the woods with a clear mind, well as clear as my mind usually is. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15384 on: November 29, 2017, 09:11:37 pm »
Wow! Everything sure looks different. Don is the Man!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15385 on: November 30, 2017, 09:02:05 am »
Eddie I am in the stand you missed that big buck from this morning, had 9 doe go through 40 yards to the west an 15 minutes later Big boy came by on the same crossing, I ranged it after he passed 43 yards, just well been a mile. Pappy
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:38:00 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15386 on: November 30, 2017, 04:13:18 pm »
I know the feeling, Brother. 25 yards was outside of my comfort zone. I thought it would be ideal to have a ground blind in that high brush where the little pines are. That was where he went and freshened up 4-5 scrapes while I watched him.
Good to know he didn't fall to a muzzleloader.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15387 on: December 01, 2017, 04:01:59 am »
I hear ya Eddie ,mine also, I like them 15 and in.  :) Well Friday and headed to the cabin for a few days. I plan on some hunting and shop time, also still some clean up to do from the tree cutting. Hope yall have a great one also. Headed to the woods. ;) :) :)
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #15388 on: December 01, 2017, 05:40:08 am »
   Pappy, you don't use that maple for bows? You guys are spoiled!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15389 on: December 03, 2017, 06:47:58 pm »
It is pretty rough wood Steve. :) All the trees are cut up and most busted, been a busy week and every bone in my body is sore. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good