Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609128 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15390 on: December 03, 2017, 06:50:10 pm »
The big maple and ash we over 100 years old. :) A shame but they had to go. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15391 on: December 03, 2017, 06:53:45 pm »
Splitting, rough work for sure, thanks to Shawn and Dan it is almost all done except for some of the really big knotty pieces, we will break out the splitter for that.I decide to take a break over the weekend and work on some ax handles and bows, even got in a little shooting. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15392 on: December 03, 2017, 06:56:52 pm »
Ax handles, string making and Allen came in with a knife blank for my buddy Chris in FL. :) Chris and Eddie might be fighting over this one. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15393 on: December 03, 2017, 06:58:50 pm »
GregB and Allen came in for some bow work. I helped Allen get his on the form and straighten out some kinks. :)
 PAPPY
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15394 on: December 03, 2017, 07:01:14 pm »
More wood splitting by Bill. Allen's bow off the form and looking pretty good. Chuck showed up to work on a walking stick, he has been out of town for a few weeks working, good to see him back.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15395 on: December 03, 2017, 07:02:40 pm »
Sally and Sister just digging up bones as usual. Then some shooting time.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15396 on: December 03, 2017, 07:05:19 pm »
Had a special visit from Sweet Pee, she is in high school and I don't get to see her as much as I use to. Miss Her. :( Then also got a good look at the super Moon, it was a beauty Saturday night. Hope yall had a great one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15397 on: December 03, 2017, 07:13:00 pm »
Will also took a nice doe Saturday morning, getting tougher this time of year but they are still out there. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #15398 on: December 04, 2017, 04:24:49 am »
  Always enjoy these pics on Monday morning, I bet you are sore and tired. Lot of work cutting and splitting all that wood.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15399 on: December 05, 2017, 02:04:50 am »
The Broad Axe really looks good Pappy, They are cool  )W( ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15400 on: December 05, 2017, 05:49:37 am »
Yep Bob they are cool, getting harder to find them but I pick up everyone I can. Glad you enjoy it Steve, always something going on around there. Bill and I have the wood pile looking much better, we cut split /hauled and stacked 3 1/2 pick ups loads yesterday from the top of the hill. When we get all that is around the cabin cleaned up and stacked we should have enough for the winter and Classic. :) At least I am getting the soreness worked out. ;) Stormy /windy and turning colder today, not sure what I will get into but I am sure I will find something. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15401 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:20 pm »
Looks like a good one, really like a lot of work. Chris needs that knife, I bought a blank from Alan at last year's classic. ;D

I'm going to try and get in the woods this weekend and see how the knee copes with logs and vines. Our gun season just opened last Saturday so the rest of us without 1st 9 days permits get to play now. I'm going after squirrels with my .300 BlackOut on my back just in case. Nobody I talked to saw a deer all during archery season. Game Managers have been letting them run dogs for hogs just before the season opens, dumbest thing they have done in years in my opinion.I don't know why I even bother to buy a license down here anymore.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15402 on: December 06, 2017, 03:57:55 am »
Good luck Eddie , and be careful on that new knee. The rain is gone so I am headed to the woods this morning, then I have to load the Kobota and bring it home for some TLC, it has a front axle leak that needs repaired and also going to get some new tires while I have it in my shop close to some good jacks and air tools. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15403 on: December 07, 2017, 04:05:57 am »
Saw 3 doe yesterday from a new stand I had put up, but as you would figure they came in from the North, they always before have come from the south, they didn't really spook but knew something was up, dang deer , always do just what you think they won't. ??? ::) :-\ I am headed to another new stand this morning set up for a NW wind, we will see how that works out. I got the Koboata to the house yesterday and all ripped apart, seem the front hub assemble has come apart, I checked it all out and it also needs some axle boots on the right side and some drive line repair, u joints and a couple of splind knuckles on the front and rear drive shaft. Now to find parts, :) that is my project today when I get out of the woods, I like staying busy .
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #15404 on: December 07, 2017, 07:11:24 am »
  You do a pretty good job staying busy that's for sure. You make the youngsters look bad!