Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609363 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #15420 on: December 11, 2017, 03:27:49 am »
Thanks as always for Posting Pappy - look forward to Monday mornings  :OK ! Fire looks good - been windy and cold here  (S) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15421 on: December 11, 2017, 04:13:07 am »
 Thanks Clint,Yep here also Bob, I had planned on hunting this morning but with the wind at 10-12 I think I will pass, although the deer are still out there I just don't hate them that much anymore, ;)  also had a rifle hunting buddy call last night and ask if I wanted a nice buck he killed yesterday and of course I said yes, so I got brat meat. ;) Good to have good friends and especially ones that hunt and don't care for venison.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #15422 on: December 11, 2017, 08:38:32 am »
Pappy, the fire looks nice and warm and all your projects seem to be coming along nicely, I have one of the single bit Collins axes and is one of my favorites, pretty cold here but not a lot of snow yet 4" maybe. I have been changing up some of braintanning stuff, getting all my salted hides out and grained,rinsed, acidfy, membrained  and the let go completely dry. If warm weather returns in spring  should be ready to just brain and break and smoke. Maybe try a couple this winter with woodstove heat and fans to help dry while breaking. Did it get cold enough for ya to try the Muskrat hand muff? Later Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15423 on: December 11, 2017, 09:30:58 am »
Thank you, Michael.

Pappy good to see all of my buddies showing up this weekend. miss not getting my Twin Oak fix this year. It got cold enough to build a fire in the backyard yesterday and after it slowed down a little I spent the day smoking an elk hide and my brain tan pants and jacket I dyed with walnuts. They came out real nice, almost camo.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:38:54 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15424 on: December 11, 2017, 04:15:14 pm »
Cool Eddie,  look forward to seeing them. Yes Bob I used it last Thursday , works like a champ. That is usually the only problem I have getting cold, my hands. And yes the fire felt nice Friday night and Saturday. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #15425 on: December 11, 2017, 07:23:34 pm »
  Those axe handles look great, same skills as bow making.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15426 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:34 am »
Thanks Steve, they turned out pretty good and I really enjoy working on them.  ;) 21 degrees out side this morning with 6 MPH S/W wind,at least the wind ant out of the North, ::)  the second rut has kicked in here so I am headed to the stand, should be a nice crisp morning, ;) Bob I will get to check out that hand warmer you gifted me for sure this morning. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:12:37 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15427 on: December 13, 2017, 06:25:50 am »
Good Luck hunting Pappy. Sounds like your getting this retirement thing figured out.
Bjrogg
PS up north here we put side walls and even insulation in our buildings and bring the fire inside.lol Takes less wood that way and you don't have to stand so close to the fire.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15428 on: December 14, 2017, 05:05:08 am »
Nothing moving yesterday where I was except Squirrels , My buddies from NY, plan on bringing there 22's when they come to
 bow hunting after Christmas and take a morning or 2 to go after tree rats, hope the squirrels are moving like they was yesterday, they should get a sack full. Can't hunt this morning, got a Christmas breakfast to attend, may get back after them Tomorrow. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15429 on: December 15, 2017, 06:13:56 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin in a little bit, decided not to hunt this morning, still windy around here and just need a break. We have our last Club meeting tomorrow so it will be good to see all the guys before the end of the year and do some catching up. Not sure what I will get into, but do plan on a little bow tillering and a few more trees cut down. Got all the mess cleaned up from the other tree cutting so just well make another.  ??? ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15430 on: December 17, 2017, 04:57:47 pm »
What a great weekend, got some shop work done, all the trees except one up the drive way cut down, cut up, split and added to the wood pile. We also had a very well attended meeting Saturday and are excited about the up coming season at Twinoaks.  ;) :) Here are a few pictures of the fun. I started splitting the big maple by the dog kennel . It was the home to something, some kind of snake I am sure. Full of hatched eggs. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15431 on: December 17, 2017, 05:00:46 pm »
It made a lot of wood. Then 2 of my buddy's came in with two nice bucks they shot with a bang stick, nice deer just the same. ;) I also got to do a little work on an Osage I am making for a friend up in KY.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15432 on: December 17, 2017, 05:03:34 pm »
 Allen killed another nice buck with his recurve.  ;)Then on to cutting some big walnut, we cut 4 in all and one poplar. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15433 on: December 17, 2017, 05:06:14 pm »
All down safe except the one we wasn't worried about, fell on the corner of the new shed, it will be easy enough to repair. :) At least no one got killed. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15434 on: December 17, 2017, 05:08:44 pm »
More trees down. ;) I had GregB/Don/Shawn/Allen/and Jon there to help and pull me out if anything went wrong. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good