Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610681 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15720 on: March 19, 2018, 04:42:37 pm »
Concessions up and running, good fire Saturday night with some bow and napping going on. Then Sunday Margaret/Christina/Beau and myself headed out to the range. I got to shoot for a change. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15721 on: March 19, 2018, 04:44:42 pm »
Had a great time out on the range, Margaret Ann acted like she had been on one all her life. :) Bill still hanging out in the napping pit, he just can't get enough. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15722 on: March 19, 2018, 04:47:07 pm »
Then this morning started tearing off the side porch for repair, always something it seems like ???  and my girls glad the shoot is over, now they can roam again. ;) Hope yall had a good one. Life is Good  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15723 on: March 19, 2018, 05:49:42 pm »
Boy! little Margaret is growing fast. She'll be plucking a bow in no time.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #15724 on: March 19, 2018, 07:01:44 pm »
Great pictures Pappy.  Wish I could have made it down for the shoot.  Maybe next year.  Little over two weeks till I get to head that way.  Ready for some Twin Oaks time.  Save some work for me.  I have to pay my rent.

David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15725 on: March 19, 2018, 10:06:15 pm »
Margaret looks just like her Grandma.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #15726 on: March 20, 2018, 07:03:52 am »
Great pics, Pappy!  Nice to see Miss Margaret in on the festivities.  Can't wait to meet her.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #15727 on: March 20, 2018, 11:20:17 am »
Yes Pappy Margaret Ann sure is growing. Before you know it she'll be running around chasing your girls and climbing everything in site. My favorite time I love watching them explore their new world.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15728 on: March 21, 2018, 06:34:30 pm »
Ya she will be 6 months tomorrow and really starting to get her own personality. Getting much easier to figure out what she is wanting. ;) :) Had a good day today, made a trip to Nashville to visit my old buddies at work and then came back to the cabin and Bill/Linda and I made a big dent in the porch repair job, down to the step hand rails and a few little odds and ends. Be time to move on to something else soon. ;) :) It is amazing what you can get done when your off everyday. :o
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #15729 on: March 22, 2018, 01:38:56 pm »
Wow, looks like fun! I'll be pulling boards on the poarch soon too. Hate it when they start to rot out!

D. Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15730 on: March 23, 2018, 06:54:00 am »
Ya I hear ya Tiller, this deck was built over 20 years ago out of used lumber, so it is time. You build something and THINK this will last 20/30 years and then before you know it those years have passed and time to redo. ??? Friday I think ;) :)  and headed to the cabin, Bill and I plan on putting the finishing touches on the porch today and then move on to something else, not sure what , but something for sure. ;) :) Rain is suppose to come in This evening through the weekend, just praying it will get it out of its system before the Classic, this has been the wettest winter I can remember in a long while, hope that isn't and indication of Spring. Got a ton to do but it is just to wet. Hope yall have a good one also. 
  Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #15731 on: March 23, 2018, 09:36:47 am »
Glad things are going well.  Mike Scott looks good and enjoy seeing the pictures of you all and the baby.
I'm also looking forward to picking up conversation with Bill/Linda in May.  We spoke a lot last summer.

We lost Angie's dad last week to a massive heart attack.  He was a teacher, friend, and dad to me.  It's hard on Angie.  Their bond was deep.  However, the family has come together stronger than ever and we are grateful for each other.

Simultaneously my mom had been hospitalized with c diff, an antibiotic resistant infection, as a result of her late stage Parkinson's.  It seems her body is failing.  All storms will be weathered and we keep our faith intact.

I'm looking forward, more than ever, to reconnecting with my friends in TN.

Our best, Pap.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15732 on: March 26, 2018, 06:49:30 am »
So sorry to hear that Steve, I will keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers. :( Had a great weekend, it rained some but not as bad as they had said so working outside was pleasant. Here are a few pictures of the fun. Got the side porch all finished, also found a TwinOaks sign BigA's dad made 20 + years ago, it was over the porch and had been there so long it just blended in, Bill and I refurbished it and put it back in it's place.  :) With all the cleaning and redoing I have found a bunch of stuff I had forgot about over the years, pretty cool. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15733 on: March 26, 2018, 06:52:18 am »
We decided the porch needed a little dolling up so we added some cross bars, I think it looks better.  :) all finished now. ;)Then took a break and I worked on my knife in progress and Bill done some napping. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15734 on: March 26, 2018, 06:55:34 am »
New 6 inch gutters installed with gutter guards, that should help and keep us old men off the roof. :) Then I took a ride and cut some twisted sticks, I love them things and cut most I see for walking sticks or to just stand in a corner to look at. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:05:17 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good