Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609244 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #15780 on: April 16, 2018, 07:24:22 am »
Had a great week down at Twin Oaks.  Thanks for putting up with me Pappy.  Already looking forward to getting back down for the Classic.   

David

Offline GlennM

« Reply #15781 on: April 16, 2018, 03:24:16 pm »
Pappy,

I think that's a froe, used for splitting shingles. You would pound the blade into a straight grained piece of cedar  then pull on the handle like a crow bar  to split a shingle off.  An looks like an ax blade thats sideways to hew a beam.

It's still snowing here! Ain't never gonna stop.

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15782 on: April 16, 2018, 04:08:59 pm »
Thanks Glenn, I knew a teacher would know the name, yes I know how it is used just couldn't come up with the correct name. I have used it several times and works great but was just to soft and wasn't going to last long. Good to hear from you , hope yall have a great week end at your spring thaw. Wished I could make it but have a big trip planned for out west this year so hopefully next year good Lord willing and creeks don't rise.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15783 on: April 20, 2018, 07:08:09 am »
FRIDAY and headed to the cabin in a short while, still lots to do. We are finishing the ranges today and tomorrow, also have to put up the big vendor tent and the PA. tent. Hope to have all except the small things wrapped up by tomorrow evening. It is all coming together but for the ones that know me, I still worry we won't get it done. I tell the guys in the club to just bear with me the next few weeks,I know I am annul but this is my baby and I want everything to be prefect for all my friends, It's not just a shoot , it's a big family reunion for me.!!!!!  Love it. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15784 on: April 20, 2018, 05:00:06 pm »
Pappy, you'll have a whole new work force in another week to help you button up whatever is needed.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15785 on: April 23, 2018, 07:11:42 am »
Thanks Pat, I know I can count on yall. Had a great weekend and got most everything on my list complete. I think we are ready . We are getting a lot of rain right now but long range is looking good. Hope it holds.!! Few pictures of the fun. I did manage to get an IW stave debarked and ready to rough in but the rest of the weekend was spent getting stuff ready. My girls are getting excited. Gill came to visit, Eric we talked about you and he had hoped you were coming, I told him I didn't think you was. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15786 on: April 23, 2018, 07:13:13 am »
Don and I got up some new light around the shop, we went with LED so now folks can see there way back to camp. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15787 on: April 23, 2018, 07:15:05 am »
New Bat box up. Will took some time to chase turkey and also made a nice addition to the bow shop. Getting stuff together to set up the PA tent this week. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15788 on: April 23, 2018, 07:16:33 am »
Most of the signs are up and the big vendor tent is set, man what a job that is to do. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15789 on: April 23, 2018, 07:17:47 am »
New buttons arrived. See some of yall in a few day and others in a week or so. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #15790 on: April 23, 2018, 07:23:37 am »
Looking Sa-weet. Got that tent up. I can see the camper train rolling on in soon.
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #15791 on: April 23, 2018, 08:02:21 am »
Wow!  The tent is up already.  Sounds like you've got things all in order there, Pappy.  See you in a little less than a week.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15792 on: April 23, 2018, 11:27:28 am »
Y'all have fun. It looks like we aren't going to make it this year. I have to go to Australia for a few weeks. I plan on retiring next September so I'm trying to make as much and get as much done as I can. I got my new Tenn. hunting license, though, Pappy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15793 on: April 23, 2018, 05:21:03 pm »
That sucks Eddie, you do know money ant everything don't ya. :) ;) anyway we really don't care if you can't make it, just send Cathy. ;) :) :) We will miss yall. :) Ya Matt we have about got things wrapped up, if the rain would just stop it wouldn't take long for us to finish up. Looks better for the next couple of weeks once we get through the next couple of days, hope that is a correct forecast. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15794 on: April 23, 2018, 09:44:37 pm »
Sorry to hear you and Cathy won't be coming to the Classic. Gonna miss my neighbors.  :'(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC