Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610290 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #15915 on: June 19, 2018, 05:51:13 am »
Thanks for sharing Pappy !  :OK
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #15916 on: June 19, 2018, 06:41:15 am »
You throw a 75lb elk hind on that plastic frame and you'll wish you had your Alice aluminum one back! I can tell you without a doubt those MOLLE frames are junk. I've seen 100 or more in pieces when the hit the ground on your lowering line once a Trooper lands. Was so bad Mortormen and Machine Gunner AG's were banned from jumpimg those rucks. Have my Large Alice like yours Pappy it's seen every continent by Air Land and Sea and it will do the job just fine. It's carried its share of elk as well.
I will say Erik when I first put that MOLLE frame on with a light pack it felt purty gud. Then it snapped in half.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #15917 on: June 19, 2018, 07:06:36 am »
I swapped from an Alice frame years ago but I have't carried a heavy load with the molle, just tree stands and a pack with my extra clothes. I don't care that much about the frame, it was the superior shoulder straps and waist belt that I like.

Offline HH~

« Reply #15918 on: June 19, 2018, 08:40:10 pm »
TacticalTailor.com has modern kidney pad and straps for the Alice. Guy who started it was a Sniper with me in the 25ID in Hawaii and later in Wa State. Check that website for those of you who need quality heavy duty gear to update your Alice. You wont be sorry you did.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #15919 on: June 20, 2018, 06:07:31 am »
Thanks for the info guys, I have this one adjusted to where it feel pretty good now with about 40lbs so far, Been packing 1 1/2 to 2 miles a day
with it on our hills, plan on getting to 50/60 lbs and 3 miles or so, then all I will have to worry about is the thin air where I am going, not sure their is much I can do to prepare for that.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15920 on: June 21, 2018, 06:48:05 am »
We had a great Club shoot last evening, deer Bar BQ before the shoot and then some fun on the practice course. Had 13 this week so it is growing. Really great fellowship. On a sad note , please keep GregB in your thoughts and prayers, he lost his younger son Tuesday morning. :( I can't imagine how hard that would be so please keep him and his family in you thoughts. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #15921 on: June 21, 2018, 01:53:13 pm »
Sorry to hear that Pappy.  Will keep Greg in our prayers.

David

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15922 on: June 22, 2018, 01:53:36 am »
Thoughts and Prayers sent. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15923 on: June 22, 2018, 06:23:08 am »
Thanks guys , I will pass it along to him.  :( Friday and headed to the cabin in a little while, supposed to rain so more shop time I hope, we  for a change need the rain, the corn is just starting to tassel so rain will be good. ;) I have a few bows ready to tiller so I may get on that today. Little John is coming in and wants to start a bow so I will probable help him with that, other than that nothing big planned, hope yall have a great weekend. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15924 on: June 25, 2018, 06:05:19 am »
Had a great weekend, got a lot of shop work done and got a couple of new Boyer's started , not new to the club just new to making bows. ;) Little John and Brandon made some head way on a couple of nice staves. I will have some pictures up as soon as I get time to down size them. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15925 on: June 25, 2018, 09:18:39 am »
Man, I hate that for Greg. Like you, that would be very hard to deal with. prayers and thoughts for Greg.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15926 on: June 26, 2018, 05:25:16 am »
Thanks guys, went to the memorial last evening and he seems to be doing OK for now. Like I said had a great weekend, here are a few pictures of the fun. I got another Osage chased and roughed out. Nice belly split piece from 2006 cutting. ;)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15927 on: June 26, 2018, 05:26:52 am »
Nocks cut and ready for the form, of course my Girls just doing their thing. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15928 on: June 26, 2018, 05:28:34 am »
Arrow case all painted up and ready for my trip out west. Bill doing some napping and Brats for supper. Yumm. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15929 on: June 26, 2018, 05:30:39 am »
Shawn putting a beaver tail grip on his new Osage. We doing some arrow work for my trip and of course even as hot as it was, a good fire. Love camp fire smoke. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good