Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609481 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15945 on: July 04, 2018, 04:45:41 am »
Same to you Bob and all my buddies here on PA. Headed to the farm to check on my girls and then back here for a cook out with Beau/Christina and of course Margaret Ann !!!
  Pappy
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15946 on: July 06, 2018, 06:00:46 am »
Friday and got a good weekend planned, still working out with my pack and then most of my time is spent in the shop under a fan. It is supposed to cool a little the next few days,down to high 80's I hope so. ;) Also plan on going to a Buck Hollow shoot in the morning Early. That should be fun and I need to shoot for sure. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #15947 on: July 06, 2018, 06:31:44 am »
You are going to need another stump to fit all of those axes in Pappy.  They are looking good.  I just bought a special one off of the big auction site this morning.  It's one I've been trying to find for a while.  It will need a new osage handle when I get it. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15948 on: July 09, 2018, 05:54:04 am »
Ya the one I have is getting pretty full Clint. :) Great weekend, done some work in the shop and had a good time at the Buck Hollow shoot. I will have some pictures up of the fun later today. Headed to the cabin for a hike in a few before it gets to hot again. The weekend was nice but is supposed to get hot and humid again this week. ;)  Summer is here for sure. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #15949 on: July 09, 2018, 06:30:18 am »
54 deg this morning and 56 yesterday morning. Sitting here with a flannel shirt on.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15950 on: July 10, 2018, 05:32:49 am »
Man that sounds good Pat, not that way here. ??? Hiked 2.3 miles yesterday with my 50lb pack, up and down these hills in Tennessee, started early but it was still mighty hot and supposed to be hotter the next few days. ;) Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Ax finished and working on a walking stick for my hiking out of a good 25 year old Osage limb. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15951 on: July 10, 2018, 05:35:13 am »
Shawn doing some rough out work on a nice IW stave. I got Little John's stave to a ring half way of the bow[at the grip] and then to a ring on the other half. Not sure if I am going to leave it like this our chase 1 more. Though stave for sure. ;) :)I also am working on an elk bugle for my trip. I didn't like the end that came with it so I am making my own, sounds pretty good so far. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15952 on: July 10, 2018, 05:40:23 am »
 I am giving Brandon his first lesson on making a tiller string, he done very well and caught on quick. My girls just enjoying the day and the elk horn fitted and ready to scrape and finish. :) I also set up and tuned a few more arrows for my Elk/mule deer trip.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15953 on: July 10, 2018, 05:43:22 am »
Will went shopping in the wood and gifted me these for supper, went very good with my soup.  ;)The wood here are full of them right now. :)
 Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15954 on: July 11, 2018, 02:48:31 am »
Glad to see the Girls are doing well ! Stay cool Pappy  -  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15955 on: July 11, 2018, 05:33:15 am »
Thanks Bob, ya the girls are doing good. It is for sure hot here and supposed to get hotter as the week moves forward.We are having our club shoot this evening so that should be some hot fun. :) Always great to see the guys and shoot a bit. Some take it pretty serious but most of us just shoot and have fun. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15956 on: July 13, 2018, 05:43:52 am »
Friday and headed to the farm shortly, Bill and I are cutting cedar trees this morning before it gets to hot for the new shed addition, we need 8 16 foot post and already have them picked out. Hope to get the cut and hauled out this morning. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15957 on: July 15, 2018, 05:19:55 pm »
Had a great weekend, it was really hot but still had some fun in the shop under the fans. Here are a few pictures. Decided to make Beau a walking stick to go with his bow, it is out of the same tree the limb wood came from off the farm about 100 years old. Antler handle and tip also from the farm, Hope he likes it and glad he don't get on PA much. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15958 on: July 15, 2018, 05:21:44 pm »
My girls , Bill and I cut some cedar post for the new shed, we started early and got it done before it got to hot. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15959 on: July 15, 2018, 05:23:33 pm »
Then I went for a hike Saturday morning early, also before it got to hot.  :) I think if I can keep it up I will be ready. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good