Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632691 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1230 on: April 04, 2008, 07:34:16 am »
Friday again,finely.Got a lot planed but it is supposed to be wet so we will see what happens.
Still have a lot to do to get ready for our guest,a few more stave's to prepair and a little more water proofing.Cooking,shooting , scraping and bending is in order.Can't beat that.See yall Monday.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1231 on: April 04, 2008, 09:08:13 am »
Lets just hope that we're getting most of the rain out of the way now and it will be dry for the Classic. Wouldn't that be sweet? ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1232 on: April 07, 2008, 07:05:47 am »
Had another great weekend,got a buch of the Hickory floor tillered and several straightened,
also had a lot of good friends down and some good food to boot.Got all the feathers prepaired for the trophies at the classic and trade puints ready to put on.Jesse came down and worked with some of the rock Chris had brought us and he said it was good stuff,he turned out a nice blade
it just a short time so I guess it must be good  or maybe it was him. ;)Here are some pictures.Life is good.
    Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:41:51 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1233 on: April 07, 2008, 07:10:01 am »
Got a new bench set up and also put one of the forms on a stand so you can work all the way around it,it works nice,I straightened about 5 stave on it Sat. GeegB working some down to floor tiller,I think he done 15 or so Sat.Bubba making his little girl a hickory bow and the trophies for the selfbow challenge at the classic.
     Pappy

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:42:28 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1234 on: April 07, 2008, 07:12:17 am »
Jesse doing a little napping and Art just watching,never to old to learn. :)
    Pappy

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:43:35 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1235 on: April 07, 2008, 07:16:48 am »
Jesse also made some horn tips for his sinew backed Osage. Jeff working on some Turkey feathers and Jesse making a string,Supper and the blade Jesse made for Ron,Ron don't know it yet
but I guess he will today. ;) :) Hope yall had a great one also.
    Pappy

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:44:18 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1236 on: April 07, 2008, 09:18:59 am »
Looks like another good weekend Pappy :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1237 on: April 07, 2008, 09:56:25 am »
Yeah it was a good weekend..we're getting there slowly but surely.

Asked Jesse and Tim if they were hungry...and that there was deer roast with taters and carrots in the cabin. Next thing I knew I was picking myself up off the ground and wiping the footprints off my back! ;D  What's worse then that...I wasn't first in line for the eats and all they let me was an "ole cold tater". Thought I'd steal a line from Little Jimmy the Dicken's for those of you old enough.  Jesse and Tim needed to eat a good meal to keep their strength up, they'd had a long night of chasing two legged quarry...and were preparing for another night of the same.  ;)
Greg

Ranger B

« Reply #1238 on: April 07, 2008, 10:14:07 am »
All of a sudden I'm away from Clarksville and find myself severely missing all the fun at Pappy's Place.  It was a real frog strangler down here at Fort Rucker, AL fellas. I got out to shoot and we posted a bunch of pictures at the leather wall.  You should be able to follow this link to see some good wet weather shooting if you like.  I'll be back home on Friday and look forward to getting over to the cabin.
Ranger B

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/tf/lw/thread2.cfm?forum=23&threadid=172851&messages=19&CATEGORY=9

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1239 on: April 07, 2008, 11:11:16 am »
Jimmy we have a club shoot and meeting Sat. so come on down and shoot with us. :) Maybe
Greg will give us some more lessons. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1240 on: April 08, 2008, 09:29:03 am »
Maybe
Greg will give us some more lessons.

I think I'm the one in need of lessons the way I've been shooting lately. I was reading the shooting section in Bowyers Bible IV, and makes me want to stand five yards from the bale and practice technique for the next several months. Maybe I could get over the flinching and everything else wrong I'm sure I'm doing.

Okay...put your violins away, I'm through whining! :)
Greg

Ranger B

« Reply #1241 on: April 08, 2008, 08:42:46 pm »
My wife called to inform me that the open ceremony and scrimage day for baseball in Montgomery County is Sat. so it looks like I'll be at the ballpark much of the day but I'll try and swing by.  I'm anxious to get to work on my Osage.  I want to shoot it as my selfbow in the Iron Arrow Competition in May.  I don't have long to get her shooting straight.   

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1242 on: April 08, 2008, 09:10:54 pm »
Maybe
Greg will give us some more lessons.

I think I'm the one in need of lessons the way I've been shooting lately. I was reading the shooting section in Bowyers Bible IV, and makes me want to stand five yards from the bale and practice technique for the next several months. Maybe I could get over the flinching and everything else wrong I'm sure I'm doing.

Greg didn't I suggest this very thing some months ago :o No matter how bad you are take comfort in the thought that I'm worse :-\
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1243 on: April 08, 2008, 09:59:39 pm »
Looks like a good time as always :). Like them trophies and love that blade! I swear that looks just like an osage tree growing through the roof of the shop???? If it is, better keep the chain saws put away ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1244 on: April 09, 2008, 07:09:18 am »
No it is an Ash,not the fine kind Marie had but Ash non the less.Ya it was a great time as
always,It is just something about getting togeather working on bows,breaking rock,shooting and eating that just can't be explained to those that don't do it.Add in some good friends and it just can't be beat. ;) ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good