Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610162 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16170 on: October 17, 2018, 05:38:06 am »
No need for livestock tanks for me so I just added the overflow pipe. This one will be about 15 feet in the deep end when full. I usually have no live stock but as of last Thursday I have a Black cow that is lost from someone around the pond  >:( Making a mess, I have a guy that thinks it is his meeting me today to see and hopefully get it off my place,it is at least a mile or more to anyone that has cows so not sure how she found my place, if someone don't claim her soon I may have some fresh steaks in the freezer. ;) :) It is loving the wheat and rye and I ant real happy about it right now. I will stock it with Blue gill /bass and shell crackers when I am sure it holds, maybe even a few cat fish, that will be in the spring I hope. That is a beautiful pond you have Ed.  :) Got to go pick up Margaret Ann this morning to keep for a few hours then back to the woods, the weather is finely getting good here and the deer are really beginning to move, my favorite time of the year, late October just before the rut kicks in. Got the 3rd deer gifted to me all cut up yesterday so weather I kill anything or not my freezer is getting in good shape. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16171 on: October 17, 2018, 06:54:01 am »
Yea I guess basically most ponds are made the same nowadays.A lot of engineering goes into figuring amount of run off and slant of land etc.
I used to gift a lot of deer to people when using a muzzle loader to hunt with.It was like shooting fish in a barrel around here.Gave them to people that did'nt hunt for themselves though.It's a little slower using all self or horn bows now though....Ha Ha.Seem to enjoy the hunt a lot better though now.
Things are getting real good for movement of deer here too and will only get better.It's good your freezer is shaping up too.It's gooood eating for sure.
They'll need to put a 2018 hunting pictures thread up soon.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16172 on: October 18, 2018, 04:44:06 am »
Had a good afternoon hunt yesterday, finely put some of my own meat in the freezer, spike at about 10 yards, liver and right lung, ran about 100 yards and Sister done a great job and sure saves me some time tracking and she loves it to boot. :) As most know I am not a horn hunter and my only goal each year is to take at least 1 deer with my bow, this was 37 years in a row I have managed to do that, coasting now. ;) :) Osage selfbow, cedar arrows tipped with a 160 ace head. I think I am headed to the cabin this evening for the weekend, I would love to hunt this morning [it's beautiful] but got a Doctors app, then Miss Joanie and I doing our early voting and for us old folks getting our flu shot. :-[ Trying to get all my town stuff out of the way in one trip. ;) I hate going to town. ;) More pictures later. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #16173 on: October 18, 2018, 05:16:35 am »
Congrats Pappy.  Can't wait to get down there.  Only two more weeks.  I'll be talking to you sometime between now and then.

David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16174 on: October 18, 2018, 06:39:57 am »
Way to go, Pappy.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #16175 on: October 18, 2018, 07:12:49 am »
I would give Sister a bunch of trimmings right where she found the deer, a tracking dog is special, glad you broke the ice.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16176 on: October 18, 2018, 07:14:45 am »
Good going Pappy.Knew you'd get there.Life is good.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline GlennM

« Reply #16177 on: October 18, 2018, 09:00:52 am »
Nice job Pappy.  I've passed a couple of yearling bucks so far.  They may not be so lucky later in the season.  Davey has only seen a few.  I haven't heard from Holeinthebow Chuck.  Weather is getting cool here and the bucks are really starting to move.  Some areas had a dusting of snow this morning.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16178 on: October 18, 2018, 09:27:10 am »
We're supposed to get our first frost, possible freeze Sunday night. I can't wait. Time to start a new season.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16179 on: October 18, 2018, 07:59:46 pm »
Nice hunting Pappy. That'll be a good eater for sure.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16180 on: October 19, 2018, 02:00:11 am »
Good shot Pappy - way to go Sister  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16181 on: October 22, 2018, 03:51:53 am »
 Thanks,Headed to the stand, 31 this morning, clear and NE wind. Pictures and stories soon as I get a chance, great weekend for sure. ;) :) Life is Good. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16182 on: October 22, 2018, 06:16:55 pm »
Had a great morning hunt, seen 3 bucks so they are really starting to move !!!! Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Got some time in the shop and we also had a good club meeting and already starting to make plans for the up coming new year. Got the handle on the hawk I traded for, also finished up my Tobacco stick walking stick, for it in the barn, it was an old split Red oak stick. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16183 on: October 22, 2018, 06:18:25 pm »
Sally and sister love this time of year. Also started a new powder horn. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16184 on: October 22, 2018, 06:20:40 pm »
A few from my deer, 103 lb. spike. Sister done really good. ;) Maybe she is worth all the trouble she causes me. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good