Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609158 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16230 on: November 12, 2018, 04:04:48 am »
I started finish work on another walking stick [ small ERC tree root and all ]  ;) and also a knife scale project on a blank Chuck gifted me. ;) Man can't have to many knives. Chuck showed up for some knife work.  :) Great time that I really enjoyed. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16231 on: November 12, 2018, 06:56:39 am »
Mark, Thanks for having us up. We had a great time. Seeing everybody and just being at Twin Oaks is always nice with the hunting icing on the cake. It rained every day after we got to SC except Saturday the day we left. Did not see a deer in the little hunting we did and I plan on trying again for Thanksgiving with Kathie going with me. And Kathie loves the walking stick you gifted her, she said thank you very much and will give you a big hug.
  Thanks again, my friend. Have to wait for the Classic, now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16232 on: November 13, 2018, 05:39:25 am »
Glad yall made it home safe, and Kathie liked the stick and look forward to the hug. ;) :) ya the weather here has been wet and windy also. I saw on radar that it looked like yall were getting rain. It cleared here for a day or so but the wind has been in the 12 to 15 mph mode out of the north. Makes for some chilly hunting. I have taken a few days off hunting to catch up around here but plan on getting back at it in a few days, probably the weekend. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mscott

« Reply #16233 on: November 14, 2018, 05:47:36 am »
Last day of work for me more hunting time.
|)
|) () \/\/  /\/\ /-\ |\/  /\/\|KE

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16234 on: November 14, 2018, 05:53:27 am »
Well, get out there and get one, Mike.   (SH)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mscott

« Reply #16235 on: November 14, 2018, 07:51:08 am »
40 years of work time to have fun pat
|)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16236 on: November 14, 2018, 01:51:37 pm »
Yep, time for fun. I'll buy you a congratulatory beer at the Classic.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16237 on: November 15, 2018, 06:05:16 am »
Congrats Mike, finely bit the bullet and retired. ;) Has taken me some time getting use to it but liking it better all the time. After working for 50 + years and most of it having someone to answer to it was a little difficult for me to get use to the fact that I had no one to answer to but the Good Lord and Miss Joanie and really no where to be except where I wanted to be. Sounds to most like a dream world but to me it was really strange. :-\ Getting better now but took some time. Come visit when you can. :) Now I am headed to the cabin to grind up some deer meat. My old bosses son killed a nice buck and I traded him a grind for the back straps and supplies saved from it. Sounded like a good trade to me. ;) :) Love processing them anyway so a win win. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mscott

« Reply #16238 on: November 15, 2018, 07:37:18 am »
Pappy I still get up at 2 o’clock every day
|)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16239 on: November 15, 2018, 09:46:24 am »
Sounds like a personal problem.  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16240 on: November 16, 2018, 03:10:18 am »
Ya I hear ya Mike, that will get better if you want it to. I am usually up by 4 now and occasionally sleep in until 5 but it has taken some time. Up at 3 this morning but headed to the woods in a little bit and have a morning routine of a little reading and of course checking in on PA. Everyone has to find what fits them. Finely stopped raining so other than a club meeting tomorrow at noon I plan on doing some hunting and a little shop work. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16241 on: November 19, 2018, 05:28:39 am »
Great weekend, lots of shop time and some hunting thrown in. Had lots of good friends at the cabin to hang out. Big gun rolled out Saturday so got to hear some shooting all around  :'( But that is how it is every years, you would think I would be use to it by now. The good news is most of the gun hunters are done by Thankgiving then back to some peace around here. :) Got a few pictures if some projects in the works that I will post later. Headed to Nashville this morning to take care of some business. BigA and GregB both killed bucks Saturday morning , /recurves while the big guns blasted all around, got to love that. ;) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16242 on: November 19, 2018, 05:49:12 pm »
Some pictures of the weekend. A couple more walking sticks almost ready to finish. 1 from a small cedar tree and the other a Hack berry root. :)
Coming out pretty cool looking. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16243 on: November 19, 2018, 05:51:14 pm »
A cow horn tip on the hack berry, my girls at play and something cool I found while out wandering around, to neat to leave in the woods. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16244 on: November 19, 2018, 05:53:42 pm »
Clint's linseed oil applied to the shell. GregB and BigA's bucks. Little John showed up to work on a muzzle loader project.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good