Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4648383 times)

Offline _Jon_

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16290 on: December 17, 2018, 09:47:45 pm »
Happy you like it my friend.

Life has been good to me lately.  Just busy is all.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16291 on: December 18, 2018, 01:31:30 am »
Thanks as always Pappy - the Girls are lookin good and healthy  :OK Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16292 on: December 18, 2018, 05:31:48 am »
Ya Bob they are fat and sassy, they love this time of year, plenty of scraps around for them. ;) they are doing a good job cleaning up bones for me, I try and catch them before they bust them open so I have to keep a close eye on them. DC , hard to say of 25 years but at least 10 or 12 a year.  ;) :) We like fire and their is always something that either needs cutting or fell on the farm so the supply is pretty good, we would for sure have to slow down if we had to buy the wood. ;) :) :) :) Headed over in a little while, not sure yet what I may get into, kind of burned out on deer hunting so may just work in the shop, always love that. Got some Yankee's coming down the week after Christmas to hunt so may take a few days off myself until they arrive. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #16293 on: December 18, 2018, 05:39:51 am »
Pappy,
Thanks for taking the time to post every week. I do enjoy seeing what You Guys are up to at your Club. Best Wishes from up North
Brian

Offline GlennM

« Reply #16294 on: December 18, 2018, 06:09:14 am »
Hey Pappy,

I won't be making it down this year.  My daughter is home from college and I have a bunch of jobs to catch up on from hunting season.  I'll sure miss chasing squirrels and telling lies around the campfire.  It will sure be nice to spend time with our daughter while she is home for a short time.   Enjoy your holiday and say hi to the gang for me.

Merry Christmas,

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16295 on: December 18, 2018, 03:17:07 pm »
We will miss you Glenn, I figured you wouldn't make it because of your daughter and college, don't blame you one little bit, family always comes first. Not sure what we will eat though ??  ;) :) :) :) We will find something but sure won't be as well organized as you are. :) Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thanks Brian, don't mind at all, when I started this 10 years ago more or less I said as long as people are interested I would keep it up and so far folks seem to be. We have a pretty unique club down here and always seems to be something going on of interest to folks like us here on PA.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16296 on: December 21, 2018, 04:27:12 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin in a bit for the last weekend before Christmas. Shawn killed a nice doe so I plan on helping him skin/cut up and grind that today then some shop time I would imagine.  ;) Hope yall have a great weekend and Very Merry CHRISTtmas, try and remember what it is all about.  ;) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16297 on: December 21, 2018, 04:39:37 am »
Merry Christmas, Pappy. I hope y'all have a good one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16298 on: December 22, 2018, 02:53:46 am »
Merry Christmas to You and the entire Twin Oaks Gang Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16299 on: December 23, 2018, 03:04:07 pm »
Same to you Bob/Eddie and all my other good friends on here. It has been a good weekend so far, weather not so good but lots of fun and fellowship non the less. Home for Christmas then back to the cabin for a week with my buddies from the North and 1 Snow bird [Gary Davis]  ;) :)
Here a few pictures of the weekend. More walking stick supplies ,Stand dead ERC. Should keep me busy for a while. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16300 on: December 23, 2018, 03:06:10 pm »
Finished my knife  also some spoon/fork work. Miss Joanie made a special order, so I made her what she wanted out of Walnut we cut last year on the farm, salvaged from the wood pile. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16301 on: December 23, 2018, 03:08:23 pm »
She was very happy with it , also made her a fork with the same wood. Bill and Linda still at the kids bows, I told Bill I had rather build 2 adult bows to 1 kids bow, to me they are just tougher to make. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16302 on: December 23, 2018, 03:10:12 pm »
Scrap from the walking stick trimming, great fire starter. Another fork in the works and Case brought me a nice set of carving tools. Thanks Case. ;) Bill also gifted me with a supply of elk horn for knife scales and handles. Thanks Bill, much appreciated. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16303 on: December 23, 2018, 03:16:05 pm »
Linda gave me a nice Bow sock for Christmas, that you. Case with a new scapula made from Splatted white oak from the wood pile, we see something nice we don't burn it, we save it and try and give it new life. :) Fork ready for finish.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16304 on: December 23, 2018, 03:21:25 pm »
In between time we had a deer of Shawn's to skin and process, also got some good supplies from it. The girls love this time of year, always something laying around for them to chew on. I decided to try and brain tan my Meek hides, they were hard on the forms so my plan is to soften them with a brain mix a couple of times, then take them off and work them with more. Done lot of rawhide to brain tan but never tried hair on. We will see how my plan works. For any of you that have done it your 2 cents would be welcome. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good