Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609702 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16530 on: March 24, 2019, 03:18:23 pm »
Put a bow for Brandon on the form for some tweaking and then the Boy scouts showed up, stayed from Friday evening  until Sunday morning . :)Like I said , great bunch of boys and this troop have been coming a couple times a year for about 10 years.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:37:27 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16531 on: March 24, 2019, 03:21:37 pm »
They were working on their primitive shelter badge, we also got the new shower framed up and ready for siding. Got to be ready by the Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16532 on: March 24, 2019, 03:24:28 pm »
Wood for the shower, Got the first coat of Tru oil on the bow, got my next knife laid out and Brandon got his bow off the form and tillered out to 40@20, looking good so far. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16533 on: March 24, 2019, 03:29:18 pm »
Had a little time Saturday evening so we cut and split some fire wood, we will need a bunch for the up coming year, Woody brought us a load of White Oak and that will help. Also got my stump sealed and my old anvil in place, it belonged to my Great Grand Pap Poole. It is well over 100 years old, got to love old stuff like that. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16534 on: March 25, 2019, 12:29:25 am »
Cool Anvile Pappy - thanks for posting ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16535 on: March 25, 2019, 05:31:04 am »
You are welcome Bob, headed that way in a little while to see what I can get into today, supposed to rain this morning and then beautiful the rest of the week. ;) We love every pretty day we get this time of year. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #16536 on: March 28, 2019, 04:17:36 pm »
That's very cool that you got your grand pappys anvil.... Some folks don't get it.. But I would do just about anything to have something from my grandpa 👍... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16537 on: March 29, 2019, 04:52:48 am »
It is my Great Grand Pap's and I feel very blessed to have gotten it considering he had at least 40 grand kids and 47 great grand kids just from my grand fathers side of the  family. My mother had 15 brothers and sisters  :) Yep the produced a lot of kids back in them days. :) Headed to the cabin in a bit and got lots to do, Bill and I are splitting and hauling wood this morning and then hope to finish the shower house tomorrow, we have a club meeting and club shoot also tomorrow if the rain hold off. It id less than a month before the folks start showing up for the Classic , so we have lots to get ready. Can't believe it is another year already. WOW how time flies. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #16538 on: March 31, 2019, 03:22:22 pm »
The. Place is starting to look pretty good! I'm glad you got your anvil, that is something to be proud of! I would love to have one of my grandpa's that he had. But. My grandma sold the before I knew she was.

I was wondering if you would be to busy for some company this coming weekend? I.  Am needing to get get away for a while. And I found out a.  Couple of days ago that I won't be able to make it to the classic this year. I had. My dates wrong on my daughter's graduation. She actually graduates on the 3rd.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16539 on: March 31, 2019, 04:42:31 pm »
Thanks Patrice, sorry for the date, it happens to several every year, guess we didn't think about it when we set the date 20+ years ago. Sorry to say I probably won't be there this weekend much, we are thinking about going up to the KY.Trad feast Saturday but should be there the following weekend from Friday Morning till Sunday morning . Had a great weekend, got some things done around TwinOaks ans also a few things for me in the shop. Here are a few pictures. Another blade laid out, coon skin brain tanned and also a little wood cut, at least it is a start on what we need. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:56:14 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16540 on: March 31, 2019, 04:46:40 pm »
More wood. :) 5th coat of tru oil on the Osage I am working on, the skins I used on it were from a big Timber and will probably take 10 or 12 coats to get smooth. Coon skin all dry and turned out pretty soft for my first Brain tanned hair on hide. Blade ready to heat treat. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:57:21 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16541 on: March 31, 2019, 04:49:29 pm »
Another large deer hid soften and ready for smoke. Handle fitted on my blade and the blade after the heat treating and the over to bring it back a bit. Just needs cleaning up and it will be ready to put together. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16542 on: March 31, 2019, 04:51:19 pm »
The shower house all closed in and almost ready to use..
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16543 on: March 31, 2019, 04:55:29 pm »
The swinging wall installed for the shower, when we are not using it for the portable shower we can swing the door back against the wall and use for Practice rang target storage. Blade all fitted to the handle and ready for glue up, maybe tomorrow. ;) :) :) Great time and the weather was great except for Saturday night late but by then the outside work was over. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #16544 on: March 31, 2019, 07:08:51 pm »
That knife looks really good pappy! And that shower house is sweet!
I'll see if I can get down there the weekend after next but not sure. I know this weekend I can but I'm glad you are getting out and about. Maybe next time. I hope to be able to come down some this year. I'm only just a little more than three hours away.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!