Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650380 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16635 on: May 15, 2019, 04:34:33 am »
Thanks Bob, I hate to waste them, they look very cool to me for all sorts of projects, got my fish tank all cleaned up yesterday and set up on the front porch of the cabin. I painted it and added some rocks. Looks pretty good, also pulled the last of my stands[about time] and took some time for shooting it was a Beautiful day in Tennessee. Rain today and Margaret Ann Wednesday  ;) :) so will spent most of the day here at the house. I will have to go to the farm for a while and check on my girls but no big plans except relaxing with my Grand Daughter.  ;) :) :) and that is always a pleasure for me. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16636 on: May 17, 2019, 04:03:17 am »
Friday and headed to the cabin in a little while, we have a club meeting and short working tomorrow but other than that I plan on working in the shop and doing some shooting. Got the last of my tree stands down yesterday/tomato's planted and small fish pond moved, painted and all in shape so looks like some bow work this weekend. ;) :)  Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16637 on: May 19, 2019, 02:44:51 pm »
Had a great relaxing weekend, we had a meeting Saturday and took the big tent down and put it away, most everything else is back in place so I worked on some bow and shot a lot of bull and bows. Here are a few pictures. Sally just snooping around. I got tired of having to take my tiller stick out of the vice every time I needed to do some scrapping so I added one of the old vices that I refurbished to my bench. Works nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16638 on: May 19, 2019, 02:47:32 pm »
Got my latest Osage to low brace and added a wrap hemp grip to the bow Arvin Wever sent me and done a little grip work. Shoots really nice. Mike Scott showed up and we done some shooting on the many practice range. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16639 on: May 19, 2019, 02:49:41 pm »
Sister just relaxing. Then Shawn and Brandon showed up and we done some more shooting. Shawn is shooting in a couple new bows, one Osage and 1 IW. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16640 on: May 19, 2019, 02:52:10 pm »
Osage is looking good, IW needs a little work on the top limb. Then we headed out to the main practice  range. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16641 on: May 19, 2019, 02:53:57 pm »
More fun on the range, and does any one know what kind of mushrooms these are, I know they are beautiful but not sure on eatable.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16642 on: May 19, 2019, 02:56:31 pm »
More fun on the range. Will showed up and gifted me a nice blade out of Dover flint, all it needs in a handle and I think I can handle that.  ;) Thanks Will  ;) :) Great time for sure. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #16643 on: May 19, 2019, 04:55:25 pm »
I think your mushroom is a jack-o-lantern, the poisonous imposter for very edible chanterelles. If you break one open and the meat is reddish it is the imposter, chanterelles have white meat.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16644 on: May 20, 2019, 12:37:28 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16645 on: May 20, 2019, 04:46:28 am »
You are welcome Bob, thanks Eric, I will break one open and see, don't plan on eating them , just curious. ;) We have lots of Cantrell's in early to mid July and I know they are safe. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16646 on: May 24, 2019, 04:39:49 am »
Friday and need a break, headed to the cabin in a bit, it has been a long week with Honey do's, cutting grass and  limbs and replacing shrubs around the house and helped Beau yesterday lay 8 pallets of Sod in his back yard and my back and arm are telling me about it this morning. ;) :)
It was hot dirty work just like I like  ??? but turned out great. Now he has a nice back yard for Margaret Ann, main reason I helped. :) I plan on some shooting and finish tillering my Osage, also get my stuff together for a trip to Alabama next Thursday to the Howard Hill shoot, that should be some hot fun. ::)  Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16647 on: May 27, 2019, 04:56:39 am »
Had a great but very hot weekend here, not to bad in the woods for some shooting or in the shop under a fan so that is where we spent the most time, really hot for May that is for sure. Few pictures of the fun. Got the blade Will giftd me mounted and also another Osage to short string and then on the form, later out to 28@16 and ready for final tiller.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16648 on: May 27, 2019, 05:00:58 am »
Shawn showed up and done a little work on a IW walking stick. I am having some problem at the house with squirrels so I got my trusty 22 zeroed in. They will be having a bad day now if I see them in my apple tree's or on my tomato's.  >:( Also gathered some wood up for Big Jim, he is making a bow for the Classic next year and wanted wood from the farm.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16649 on: May 27, 2019, 05:03:57 am »
Osage for the lams. My next Osage on the form and some tip work, I also done a little work on my Osage limb bow, if it makes a bow it will be cool and full of character for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good