Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610706 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16785 on: August 18, 2019, 05:46:14 pm »
Tree on the ground and cut it 75 inch lengths. The first split went bad and split around the heart wood, I have had this happen before and it makes it tough, you have to take the sap wood off slab at a time. Shawn showed up to lend a hand and I was sure glad he did, it about had this old man whipped by that time.  :) I got a second wind when he showed up, great help and no complaining. I like that in a man. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16786 on: August 18, 2019, 05:49:07 pm »
We got about half of it out and debarked/back and ends sealed Friday. Big day. I had a little bench project going in between cutting the Hickory. Just something to take my mind off my misery.  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16787 on: August 18, 2019, 05:54:14 pm »
Dan stopped by and gifted me a quiver, I love this style, never bought one but have made many and use them hunting all the time. Big A showed up Saturday and we got the rest of the tree out that we plan to, what is left will be cut for fire wood for the pit. :) We 1/4 most of it and a few very large ones we 1/8 them for now so they don't warp, split them to thin and they will do all kinds of crazy stuff as they dry. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16788 on: August 18, 2019, 05:56:38 pm »
Getting a nice stash. My girls under the fan after a long hot day. Also got my bench all finished up while I was resting. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16789 on: August 18, 2019, 05:59:12 pm »
Shawn gifted me a nice Osage limb so after I cooled off a bit Saturday evening I debarked it and split it down the middle, lot of heart wood in this one and should make a great bow in a year or 2. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 06:06:57 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16790 on: August 18, 2019, 06:02:43 pm »
The place is beginning to look like a bow shop again,  ??? :) got to love it and lots of fire starting material to boot. Then after a hot weekend I arrive home to this.Got to love that, YES  Life is Good !!!!  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16791 on: August 19, 2019, 03:44:33 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #16792 on: August 19, 2019, 12:39:46 pm »
Looks like a bow production shop again. Dont think the Classic has that much wood debris after its over! Jeez. Hard , hot, heavy work!

Keep a man leather tough and nail hard.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16793 on: August 19, 2019, 03:09:57 pm »
Yep , got the other 4 done today, all glued up and ready , Bill came by and gave me a hand . Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #16794 on: August 20, 2019, 07:40:36 am »
Was putting out stands by I24 where we got that Hedge. I have some really cool 100yr old dead cattle fence posts that will make really nice knife holders or really a mount pole for taxidermy of Fox squirrel, etc. Very nice stuff you'll like it. Has old green creek side moss on them even.
Found two more hedge limbs, one with lots sap wood one with mostly yella.
Stayed til about 6:00pm, til the deer pushed us out of there. They wanted on their beanfield and they were stopping cuz we were working next to it. Dern four legged beaneaters!

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16795 on: August 20, 2019, 11:55:43 am »
Its a dang good thing I don't live closer. Id be there so much you'd get tired of me and send me home.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline HH~

« Reply #16796 on: August 20, 2019, 02:05:50 pm »
Tennesse is always lookin for Quality Volunteers.

HH~

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16797 on: August 21, 2019, 06:02:36 am »
Wished you did also Chris and you would be welcome. I have been trying to shoot the practice range every morning for the last few weeks, have missed a few day but seem to be getting closer to being ready for deer season. Shot yesterday morning and then went out and moved a stand, looks good, close to the bean field and a persimmon tree loaded with in 15 yards, that is always a plus. ;) I plan on shooting this morning early and then moving another stand, got about 10 to put up over the next few weeks depending on the white Oak/red oak and persimmon crop, looks to be somewhat scattered this year which is a good thing, just takes some boot work. I have so many on my farm that when they all produce mass crops it makes it hard to hunt,usually much better when they are scattered. Also this is Margaret Ann Wednesday ;) :) :) :) so I better get at it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #16798 on: August 21, 2019, 08:42:19 am »
Been awhile since I caught up on the thread, Pappy.  Had to cover about 10 pages!
Glad things are well.
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16799 on: August 22, 2019, 06:56:41 am »
Yep all is well with me Steve, hope the same with you, missed you this year, hope to see you and that beauty you are married to back in Tennessee some day. This is Friday for me, headed to the cabin to put up some stands and just hang out, got to be back home tomorrow morning. Miss Joanie are having our 46 anniversary weekend 8/24/1973 WOW, so I won't be at the farm this weekend. We are headed over into KY for a day or 2. Always a great time spent with her, just riding around and looking at the beautiful country and for old stuff. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good