Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611067 times)

Pappy and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16875 on: October 09, 2019, 05:45:14 pm »
Will showed up with some picking around the fire and of course Jesse with his flute. Really good to have him back. He and his son Alex stayed at the cabin a few days with me and we had a really good time catching up. :) Sorry for the blurry picture, it was late. ;) :) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16876 on: October 10, 2019, 04:18:23 am »
1 last picture, this buck has been seen around my place all summer, he had some bad luck and got caught in the fence between me and my neighbor , to bad, and a bad way for him to go. :( Headed to the woods in a few minutes. It has finely cooled a bit around here and hopefully the deer will be moving.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16877 on: October 10, 2019, 04:50:18 am »
Nice Buck ! Girls look fat and Sassy - Thanks Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16878 on: October 10, 2019, 05:52:08 am »
Man, that's a nice one. I wonder if that's the same one I saw a couple of years ago? I'm Going to give you a call.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh B

« Reply #16879 on: October 10, 2019, 06:10:49 am »
Good huntin' Pappy!

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #16880 on: October 10, 2019, 07:05:18 am »
That looks like a whole different world to me. Hunting for me is  mostly a solitary pursuit.  I like it that way, but your way sure looks like a lot of fun!  Glad you're having a great time.

What kind of low whistle is Jesse playing?  I have a professional interest, and all that...

Thomas
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline HH~

« Reply #16881 on: October 10, 2019, 08:28:14 pm »
Saw him the night before he got hung up. Nice buck. He was about 300yds away in standing bean field. It happens. Not sure how many Deer i have found out west on wire over the years, dead and dried to mummys. Many.

Hedge~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16882 on: October 11, 2019, 06:27:43 am »
Could have been Eddie, WhistlingBadger it is a solitary event for us also as far as the hunting, we just tend to gather after the hunt and share the stories and help if needed in caring for the deer. The flute is a home made one from cain Jesse made. Headed to the farm in a little while but can't stay all day , had a good friend pass Wednesday and got to go to the funeral home this evening. Planned on hunting this evening but life happens.Maybe tomorrow if the rain hold out. Here is a couple more pictures of the buck, very impressive. Hope yall have a great weekend. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16883 on: October 11, 2019, 07:01:33 am »
Thats alot of neck meat pappy! If its not spoiled, i hear its good in a crock pot!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16884 on: October 14, 2019, 05:42:22 am »
Yep the neck is good eating, to bad I wasn't there when they cut him off the fence. ;) I had a very peaceful weekend, done some hunting and had a couple of close encounters but again no shots, the deer on my farm are on their game this year. Most everyone is hunting right now so things are slow at the cabin except for them bringing in deer so I get lots of time around the fire which is not a bad thing. Few pictures of the weekend. Nice simple supper Friday night [beans and venison brats] and a good camp fire to watch. It got down in the 30's so the fire was nice.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16885 on: October 14, 2019, 05:47:21 am »
Jesse showed up Saturday and what a pleasure for me, he brought his Dad Drew and Alex for a visit. I haven seen Drew in 8 or 9 years and it was really nice seeing him and catching up. I did do one little project, repair on a stool that is in the shop, probably wouldn't have bothered but I found some writing on the bottom that Momma had put on it, I built this one in school in 1968 so I decided it was worth repair.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16886 on: October 14, 2019, 05:52:39 am »
BigA killed a nice  150 lb.8 point and Shawn a nice 100lb doe with his Osage bow,Keith also killed a nice doe, theses boy are hard hunters. :) Great weekend, hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16887 on: October 14, 2019, 07:41:15 am »
Glad to see everybody hooking up with some venison.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16888 on: October 14, 2019, 10:55:02 am »
Great to see Jesse. He's looking quite slim and real good to see Drew again. Has it been 8 or 9 years since he was at the Classic?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HH~

« Reply #16889 on: October 14, 2019, 03:47:18 pm »
Pappy

Since you wont see this hanging in the cooler. Here is a photo for the fella's. 5x5 prolly went 140-160lbs but I can only estimate and you are way better at that than me.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW