Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611289 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16920 on: October 29, 2019, 07:29:20 pm »
Nice deer boys! Keep putting them on the ground.

Offline HH~

« Reply #16921 on: October 30, 2019, 02:39:12 pm »
Looky there. Michael is getting on it. Nice deer.

Friday will be a day to see Deer Buck-a-loose in colder weather!

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16922 on: October 30, 2019, 09:22:52 pm »
I'm looking forward to the cold weather. Still in the 80's here. I'll see you guys next Thursday.

Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16923 on: October 31, 2019, 05:46:55 am »
Can't wait Eddie, supposed to cool off tonight, freeze warnings for the weekend, then looks like it will warm a little but still high 50's and 30's so that will be prefect. I am headed for tires for my old truck this morning and then to the cabin, Shawn and I both have deer to take care of , wind is supposed to be 18/25 this evening and it is still raining so a prefect day to care for the deer. ;) Then back to the wood Friday and over the weekend. The weather is going to be cold so should be some good hunting and after all it is November.  ;) :) although I am not a trophy hunter at  all it is the time of year that the big boys are out prowling and a good chance to at least see them,who knows one just just stumble by, always exciting. :) Hope y'all have a good weekend also. ;) Life is good. :) :)
Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16924 on: October 31, 2019, 06:29:40 am »
Good luck. The company is having a going away party for me today. Last day is tomorrow.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16925 on: November 03, 2019, 06:55:55 pm »
Congrats Eddie. We had a great weekend, cold and clear, just beautiful. Done some hunting and also had the Boy Scouts down for a weekend camp out. Always good to have them.Here are a few pictures of the fun.Started off the long weekend by skinning the deer I killed on Tuesday the one in the picture with my bow, and also the one Shawn killed later in the week. More hides more meat. Shawn made a high shot on his and it ran in a circle right back to him, the second shot wasn't high. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16926 on: November 03, 2019, 06:58:05 pm »
The girls love this time of year and so do we. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16927 on: November 03, 2019, 07:01:49 pm »
Between hunts I laid out and cut out another knife from a horse shoe rasp I had soften earlier in the fire. I also cleaned and checked out repairs on Miss Joanie's second grade desk, she want it refurbished for Margaret Ann. Also picked my tomato's before the frost Friday night and made did we get a killing frost. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16928 on: November 03, 2019, 07:04:49 pm »
Then the Scouts showed up, the girls love it when they come and the scouts have a good time with them also. I killed another doe Saturday so we skinned it and Jesse done a demonstration for the Scouts on fleshing and racking a hide. I showed them how to skin and bone a deer. Prefect timing to kill one while they were there. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16929 on: November 03, 2019, 07:09:32 pm »
Made a good shot but she went a long way, Sister done a good job finding her and Jesse done a good job showing the scouts how to care for the hide. She was 98 lbs and shot with Old Al, my Osage static . ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16930 on: November 03, 2019, 07:11:49 pm »
Then Jesse and Will done some napping and also some picking around the fire, the girls just enjoying the music/the fire and a full belly.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16931 on: November 03, 2019, 07:19:53 pm »
More picking and the evening was complete, yep a great time for sure. Got Dave from IN. and my Florida  coming later this week so you know we will have a good time. The deer are really moving right now, hope it holds until they get here. Just FYI the doe I shot Saturday we did a very intense biopsy on her because she went so far, at least 300 or more yards as a crow flies, it was a double lung in the back 1/3 of both lungs so if anyone ever tell you they can't go that far double lunged, they are wrong. I had this happen once before years ago on one BigA shot so it isn't common but can happen , so if you know where you hit the deer just don't give up. Hope yall had a good one also.
 life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16932 on: November 03, 2019, 09:35:35 pm »
Nice deer my friend. teaching the Scouts is the future, my hat's off to y'all. it is so good to see Jesse back.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16933 on: November 04, 2019, 02:18:55 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #16934 on: November 04, 2019, 10:42:51 am »
Nice work Pappy. We got close to 3 inches of rain at our property on Halloween.  It is a swamp and it filled right up.  Most of the 500 acres is under 2-3 feet of water.  I had ducks come under my stand on Saturday morning.  Yeesh!

Glenn