Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610253 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #16965 on: November 18, 2019, 02:51:37 am »
Busy times, Thanks as always for sharing Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16966 on: November 19, 2019, 07:53:19 am »
I couldn't believe how fast the week went by. I'm back in Florida thawing out and missing the good times. I definitely had more opportunities this trip up but just couldn't get it together. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones and fantastic being there when your new Grandson arrived and seeing your happy face. Thanks for everything, Pappy, and you can bet it was a good time for all of us.

And could you hang on to my oil skin hat till I get up there in the Spring? Not sure where I sat it down.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16967 on: November 19, 2019, 04:57:52 pm »
 Glad you enjoy Bob, maybe someday you can make it back down,sure love to have you. :)I will do that Eddie,but haven't seen it ?  same here great time. I was Blessed this morning to take another deer 110lb 6 point with my Osage static.Liver and 1 lung at 4 yards, Sister I think has finely really got it!!! 250 yard and she never missed a beat, It usually takes a few years before you can learn to really trust a dog ,she has done good on and off over the last couple of years but this year she has really came into her own and has gained my trust, great feeling, got to love a good dog. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16968 on: November 20, 2019, 10:59:20 am »
So does sister track your deer once its shot? whats her job? very nice deer!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16969 on: November 21, 2019, 06:49:46 am »
Yep, that is her job,along with being my friend  ;)  I'M not bad at tracking without a dog, but a good tracking dog sure saves you a lot of time especially if their is little blood, I train them to track the deer not blood alone, so let say a gut shot deer that can travel a long way with very little blood or a deer hit high with no exit hole but will die, a good dog can find, no problem. As much as I would like to say that never happens, it does happen and a good dog sure can help. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #16970 on: November 21, 2019, 07:11:06 am »
I love reading about the goings on at your place, Pappy.  :)  Thanks for sharing, as always.
Thomas
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16971 on: November 22, 2019, 06:32:27 am »
You are welcome Thomas, yep we stay pretty busy and as some one told me the other day, someone that hasn't been there in a while, What they love about the place, is things never seem to change. ;) :) Headed that way in a few minutes for the weekend. Raining and Shawn and I plan on working up 6 shoulders and my last deer, going to make burger for brats later on in the winter once deer season settles, well all burger except the back strap. :) Also got all my hide racks cleared yesterday and got 3 more hides to rack up today or tomorrow. Hope yall have a great weekend also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16972 on: November 24, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »
Great weekend, little wet and didn't do any hunting but got lots done in the shop and around the cabin. Few pictures ;) My buck skinned /boned and hide fleshed and racked. Meat is in the cooler and I will process it this week. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16973 on: November 24, 2019, 03:57:41 pm »
I think I will have 15 ready to brain tan when I finish the 3 I racked this weekend. I also had 4 shoulders given to me along with the 2 off my buck so Shawn came over and we bone them out and I ground 28 lbs of burger for brats, my gold is to have 50 lbs which should make about 200 brats. GregB took another doe and also a nice buck this morning. The gun season opened Saturday but their are still a few of us that are truly bow hunters. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 04:15:32 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16974 on: November 24, 2019, 04:00:43 pm »
Greg's buck, nice 8 point. We also spent some time in the shop, Greg working on an Owl statue and Shawn and I worked on some more billets. Had a good fire all weekend, it was damp and chilly. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16975 on: November 24, 2019, 04:03:22 pm »
I think we have 15 set of sister billets, and very clean good growth  ring stuff. I also got Bodhi's bow finished, turned out pretty good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16976 on: November 24, 2019, 04:04:46 pm »
Then a good lunch and some relaxing by the fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16977 on: November 24, 2019, 04:07:34 pm »
Then back to my hides, I usually don't sew the holes up but 1 of these, the big doe I killed had the broad head stay with her and run down the side so it will need some care after the first braining. :) Bodhi's bow all finished up. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16978 on: November 24, 2019, 04:13:54 pm »
Mark showed up Saturday evening and we got his bow out to 48@25, looking good , he is hoping for 45@27 so we should be right on target, he is so excited and I am for him. Also yall have heard me talk about J Man [I call him] the youth that always hunted the youth hunts on my place, he texted me this picture of the buck he killed this morning, although with a gun still a nice buck and glad he still thinks of me. ;) :) Hope yall had a good weekend also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16979 on: November 25, 2019, 03:10:46 am »
Nice Bucks ! Thanks Pappy  :-D Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.