Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611328 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17040 on: December 19, 2019, 06:13:41 am »
Look what Shawn and I found wandering around it the woods yesterday, Some one is probably very sad. ??? One of the biggest 6 points I have seen, 16 1/2 inch inside and 20 inch main beams,really good mass and from what we could from what was left a huge body. Couldn't tell what killed him but probably shot early gun season. :-\ Sun is finely supposed to shine today so I took a day off from hunting to fool with some hides and just goof off for a day or 2. Probably get back after them this weekend or after CHRISTmas. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17041 on: December 20, 2019, 02:35:03 am »
Wow - what six  (A) ! Thanks Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17042 on: December 20, 2019, 06:21:06 am »
Friday and headed to the farm for a day or 2, got a meeting and working tomorrow, the last one this year. We have some clean up to do from all the hard rain, it really washed out some places that need repair. Also Shawn is going to teach me how to make blackberry  jelly. The sun is supposed to shine for a few day so back to the hides, they should dry enough to at least get them into rawhide over the weekend. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17043 on: December 21, 2019, 05:50:41 am »
The doll might not look like you , but that action figure sure does. ;)
How do you like doing those hides on the rack? I've done my smaller fur bearers on stretchers and I liked it.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17044 on: December 22, 2019, 04:12:17 pm »
Never really done it BJ, just played with a bit while Jesse had his racked up, I may give it a try on a big hide. Had a great weekend, good meeting and getting to see all the guys, don't see a lot of them much during hunting season. I got a few things done in the shop to boot. Few pictures. Got another knife well on it's way. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17045 on: December 22, 2019, 04:14:02 pm »
Shawn and I made black berry jelly Friday evening, first for me but Shawn is good at all kinds of canning and I am wanting to learn more. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17046 on: December 22, 2019, 04:16:21 pm »
Jelly turned out great. Shawn has his Osage sap wood back limb bow almost done, just a little tweaking of the tiller and handle and it will be ready to finish. We shot it some and it is a sweet shooter. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17047 on: December 22, 2019, 04:18:40 pm »
Supper, ground venison soup and then a little picking around the fire from Will. I also got 3 more hides into rawhide, wow what a day, shoulders are sore today. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17048 on: December 22, 2019, 04:26:10 pm »
Was working on my last hide but got side tracked when Kevin brought in a beautiful buck,8 point 188 lbs with 129 inches of head gear, killed with a 1970's model Browning recurve, he said it was the first time he had taken it to the woods, nice first trip. :) I was working on my last hide and thought I was finished for the year but he ask if I wanted the hide off his buck and of course I say yes, really big hide with 1 hole, how could a man turn that down. ??? ;) :) Then after skinning his I went back and finished my last one on the rack, that completed my day and I retired to the fire with an adult beverage. ;) Great weekend for sure. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17049 on: December 23, 2019, 03:02:59 am »
Thanks Pappy ! Could You post Your Hamburger Soup recipe..... ? Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17050 on: December 23, 2019, 06:24:06 am »
Nothing special Bob, just cooked pinto beans/tomato's/mushrooms and a couple of pounds of ground venison, little onion salt/garlic powder/celery seed to taste, real meaty, kind of like chili with out the chili seasoning.  ;) :) Like Grant tell folks when they ask what's in in your soup Pappy "their is no telling " Headed to the farm in a bit to flesh and rack up my last hide, WELL unless another one gets in the way of one of my arrows. ??? :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17051 on: December 23, 2019, 07:09:58 am »
Looks to be a nice day Monday 23 Dec 2019.

I have the elk tine. So, time to fit that thing and get that blade in forge again.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17052 on: December 23, 2019, 03:04:43 pm »
You bet Shawn, we will get that right after Christmas. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17053 on: December 24, 2019, 02:12:55 am »
Thanks Pappy ! That will be good to try for something different   -C- - Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17054 on: December 25, 2019, 06:21:14 am »
Merry Christmas all, headed to the Cabin in the morning for a few days so see ya when I get back. ;) Hope all have a great 2020. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good