Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610994 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Life is good
« Reply #17055 on: December 25, 2019, 08:13:27 am »
Merry Christmas to Pappy, your family, and the entire Twin Oaks gang. Maybe the stars will align next year to allow for a trip down.

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17056 on: December 26, 2019, 06:07:59 am »
Ya Glenn I will miss yall this year, going to be lonely down there by myself but I will try and get by. Headed that way in a few minutes, can't wait to get the fire going and see what I can get into. :) Had a great Christmas and Bodhi loved his bow ;) :) so does Margaret Ann, can't wait till they get big enough to shoot them, it won't be long for her. :) Yall have a good week. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17057 on: December 26, 2019, 06:42:07 am »
Great pictures Pappy. That young man looks like he has more important things in mind than that sweet little bow. Can sure see how Margaret Ann could steal your heart.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #17058 on: December 26, 2019, 02:50:22 pm »
Pappy, I'm tossing the idea around to possibly take a drive down this year for the classic, last year was a rough one that included having a triple bypass surgery, so this year I'd love to be able to get away and enjoy some time with the nicest people I know, I'd like to bring my cur Zoey that we got from you nearly 7 years ago, she'd probably love to meet you again, not to mention her sister Sallie. Do the motels in Clarksville fill up pretty good during the dates of the classic? I'll have to do some checking.
Haven't heard much from Jon is he still living there? If you see him tell him I miss talking to him.
Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17059 on: December 27, 2019, 02:20:33 am »
Great Pics Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #17060 on: December 27, 2019, 09:48:45 am »
We have many more hotels now than back then. There are multiple places on exit 11 and exit 4 on I-24 for you. They exit 11 ones in Sango is where you want to stay if you can they are a bit closer (15min) but 11 is only (25min) away. We were just talkin " if the weather report is good this year there will be a bunch of folks coming fore the Classic". Yeah, but that's the case most years anyway I hear.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17061 on: December 29, 2019, 04:33:35 pm »
Be great to see ya Mark, good looking dog, looks like her sister only Black, let me know if you plan on making it and we can talk about Zoey, we have had some problems with dogs at the Classic so we can talk about how to handle that, love to see her and y'all for sure. Had a great few days at the cabin, I went in with an agenda of things I wanted to get done and got most accomplished . Here are a few pictures. Got 5 more hides off the rack and ready to tan, also wanted to get the rest of the big Hickory we cut in August split into stave size. :) Along with some knife making and meat grinding. A man has to stay busy. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17062 on: December 29, 2019, 04:35:26 pm »
Got the blade I have been working on tempered and ready for clean up and a handle.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17063 on: December 29, 2019, 04:39:24 pm »
Also got Shawn's big blade tempered and ready for him to finish. I thought I was finished with hides this year but a friend gifted me this big one so I had to flesh and rack it, biggest white tail I have ever done, over 6 feet in length. :) Barely went in my biggest rack.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17064 on: December 29, 2019, 04:41:11 pm »
Shawn and my blade out of the oven and cleaned, ready to fit the handles. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17065 on: December 29, 2019, 04:42:48 pm »
My girls just hanging out and taking it all in. My handle fitted and ready for glue up. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17066 on: December 29, 2019, 04:45:49 pm »
Supper  ;) :)then back to the handle work. Also after seeing the big knife Shawn made I had to have one so I laid it out on a big rasp I had softened.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17067 on: December 29, 2019, 04:48:35 pm »
I don't do much leather work so on to a stand for my new knife. :)I love making these stands and they look pretty cool to display you knife. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17068 on: December 29, 2019, 04:50:41 pm »
Then Mark showed up with the Osage bow we have been helping him with, he done a nice job on the finish work, pretty good for a first bow. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17069 on: December 29, 2019, 04:52:37 pm »
He even made a string keeper to match. :) Shawn and Mark looking over his work. Then on to the hickory that needed  splitting. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good