Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609565 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17100 on: January 12, 2020, 08:35:38 pm »
Shawn has been working on this Osage limb for for a few months and finely got it finished and to my surprise he gifted it to me, so I put a new string on it and shot between the rain, shoot fast and true, love it, Thanks Shawn.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17101 on: January 12, 2020, 08:38:55 pm »
Got my new sheath finished and turned out nice at least for me and my leather work. ??? Then had a good friend show up with 3 doe he had taken in the late doe only season so we went to work in the kitchen cutting and grinding.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17102 on: January 12, 2020, 08:40:47 pm »
Get 3 or 4 of us together it don't take long, he also gave me about 10 lbs of hind quarters for jerky. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17103 on: January 12, 2020, 08:42:57 pm »
Got it all done and jerky soaking, we did about 80 or 90 lbs of ground. Then the rain really came in, it reminded me of the Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17104 on: January 12, 2020, 08:45:27 pm »
Good thing we had Chuck there to keep the fire going, and like the Classic the work just went on like no rain at all. :) We must have had 3 or 4 inches over the day. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17105 on: January 12, 2020, 08:51:40 pm »
The jerky done, got about 7 lbs after the drying. The rain finely stopped Saturday night and had a good fire so I decided to soften another rasp, no need wasting a good fire, not sure what I will make out of it but am sure I can come up with something. Hope yall had a good one also. ;) :)
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17106 on: January 12, 2020, 08:56:06 pm »
One last picture, Pat I thought you might enjoy this one of  Bodhi and the quiver you made for him, :) also Margaret Ann and the one Big A made for her, can wait to get them out using them. Thanks.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17107 on: January 12, 2020, 10:57:27 pm »
Looks like a perfect fit, Pappy. Cool pic.
We've had a bunch of rain this weekend with lots of wind. The year is starting off wet.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17108 on: January 13, 2020, 02:33:01 am »
Thanks Pappy - Your new Bow looks like it came from small diameter stuff - should be a great Shooter !  :OK Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17109 on: January 13, 2020, 06:47:26 am »
It did Bob, it was a limb with the sap wood left on, very snappy. :) We had a lot of wind also Pat, didn't feel it much down in the hollow but up top it really blew.  :)Had a couple tornadoes up on the KY. line about 25 miles away.  :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17110 on: January 14, 2020, 08:13:34 am »
Dang,
I hope I get some jerky to taste. I saved back some HQ for to make some in smoker. Howd it taste?

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17111 on: January 16, 2020, 06:50:18 am »
You bet Shawn, I think it turned out pretty good, dry and chewy like I like it and not to much bite.  :) Just good to chew on. Headed down this morning to see what I can get into, got another knife project going, smaller than the last one and is coming along pretty good. Then back down tomorrow for the weekend. :) We have our annual squirrel hunt Saturday , they have really been moving the last couple of weeks with the warm weather but wouldn't you know we got a big cold front coming in starting today and supposed to be in the 20's by Saturday evening and in the mid teen all next week so I am not sure how the Squirrel's will react ,but will be fun to just get out and wander in the woods just the same. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17112 on: January 16, 2020, 08:07:26 am »
Ok, I get the elk horn Jim Dahlberg gifted us. That was a really great gift from a fellow selfbow and Trad hunter out west. Sending and paying that shipping bill was kind. I'm really amazed sometimes what our Primitive community does for each other.

When has kicked off cooler I'm liking it. Maybe coyotes in morning tomorrow.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17113 on: January 19, 2020, 04:01:55 pm »
Great weekend, lot of rain but as usual when it rains that means time in the shop, our annual TwinOaks squirrel hunt was pretty slow because of the wind and rain but we managed to kill 10 and was a lot of fun just cooking and hanging out. Brian Collingworth won it with 4 head shots BigA was next with 3 head shots and 1 body. I spent most of my time out of the rain. :o Here are a few pictures of the fun. Jerky finished up and another knife well on it's way. Kevin H gifted me a knife a few years back that I use all the time and love so decided to copy it, well mostly. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17114 on: January 19, 2020, 04:03:49 pm »
Got it all shaped and ready to temper, Sally just hanging out. ;) :) She like to stay close to me for some reason, probably the food. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good