Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609534 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17160 on: February 02, 2020, 06:58:38 pm »
My girls in their favorite spot. Jesse decided to make a flute, didn't take him long and he had it playing. Great weekend for sure, hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17161 on: February 03, 2020, 02:25:53 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17162 on: February 03, 2020, 06:43:05 am »
You are welcome Bob, glad you enjoy.Think about you often when around the fire.Hope to see ya again somewhere. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17163 on: February 05, 2020, 06:55:55 am »
Looks like another fine weekend Pappy. Sometime I’m going to pop in there and share one in person with you all. Until then thanks for sharing them with all of us.
Bjrogg
PS I like the sweater. Have you tried that before? Will it be safe to wash with other clothing and not dye them. Looks much better at any rate.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17164 on: February 06, 2020, 06:56:52 am »
BJ I have done it with leather before but never wool, It tuned out nice once it dried, not sure on the washing but I wash most 100% wool stuff by hand anyway so when I do I will see if the water changes color.Hope you can make it someday, would love to have you and show you around. It is still raining here so been doing some bow work on the high crown stave I started last week. Got it looking pretty good and off the tiller stick to first brace yesterday. I and doing the belly dished out instead of flat because of the crown and it seem to be working well. I hope to get it out to about 20 inches today and maybe shooting over the coming weekend. ;) I guess the rain will stop sometime, always has before and I can get back on my hides, if not the good news is they are in rawhide and will last until I DO. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17165 on: February 07, 2020, 05:53:24 am »
Well it has rained all week and this morning we have snow, you just don't ever know here in Tennessee, so a good fire and some shop time. I have a bow to tiller and am working on the arrows for the Classic trophies so I have plenty to keep me busy. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. ;) :) :)
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17166 on: February 07, 2020, 06:42:29 am »
Yote killin time this morning. Got a dusting and Yote rut is in full swing!

Time to put some fawn eaters down.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17167 on: February 09, 2020, 05:50:42 pm »
Ya it was a beautiful morning for sure. Had a great weekend, pretty laid back but got some thing done and made some time to go out and shoot , got some lessons from HH as usual but a lot of fun being out in the woods flinging arrows. Few pictures of the weekend.Light snow, I know this ant much for you northern folks but pretty good for us. I took time while it was snowing and wet out to work on the arrows for the Classic Trophies. Got the all finished up and also the Minny bows for the Self BOW challenge. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17168 on: February 09, 2020, 05:53:50 pm »
Chuck showed up with the blade we heat treated last week, it turned out nice, he wanted to do a couple more some we did, I also softened 3 more
Rasp for me while we had a good hot fire. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17169 on: February 09, 2020, 05:57:35 pm »
Rasps in the ashes to cool slowly, also got my Osage bow tillered out to 43lbs @ 21, and looking good so far, this is a picture ready for first brace. :) Heads all tied in and ready to mount of the Tennessee Plaques. :) Of course my girls in their favorite spot close to the fire on a cold night. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17170 on: February 09, 2020, 06:03:36 pm »
Got my walnut stain all Jarred up with a little alcohol added to keep it from going rancid. Also the sun shined Saturday and was beautiful so I set my last hide out and finished scrapping it, now it is raw hide and ready to tan or use. Greg b showed up to do some chain saw work, don't see him as much as I use to but always good when he comes around. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17171 on: February 09, 2020, 06:10:08 pm »
I like about 4 more inches on my bow and it will be ready to shoot a few arrows, so far holding it profile nice and I think will make a real shooter, only time will tell. :-[  Shawn showed up to work on some feathers and then he and I went out and shot the newly set Practice range. Great time and we didn't shoot to bad after a winter of mostly hunting and not a lot of shooting. Always fun to hang out with like minded people.  ;) Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #17172 on: February 09, 2020, 07:06:04 pm »
Wow Pappy looks like ya got some yankee laying all over you ground. A good fire will take care of it. WE had about 8" yesterday and had our snowshoe shoot, had 43 shooters show, snow was just the right depth to loose a few arrows. Your hides lookin real good and your dogs slick and fat, Life is good, see ya in the spring. Bob

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17173 on: February 10, 2020, 02:02:21 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17174 on: February 10, 2020, 05:09:23 pm »
Loven it all
Thanks for sharing
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !