Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610041 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17175 on: February 11, 2020, 06:40:18 am »
Ya Bob if we get 8 inches as we do on rare occasions it shuts Clarksville down. ::)  I love snow and like it much more that I retired and don't have to worry about getting all the trucks back in. ;) You are welcome Bob glad you enjoy, wished you were closer so you could enjoy it in person, I know it is right up you ally. Guy good to hear from you, always enjoy our time together and our little talks, ;) glad to see you are doing good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17176 on: February 13, 2020, 06:57:12 am »
Well the rain has finely stopped at least for a few days, I got my new Osage out to 43@22 and then back on the form for some tweaking and heat treating day before yesterday and off yesterday, still looking good so far. Won't have much time this weekend, doing brats, I have 65 lbs of ground venison and I think Shawn had about 40lbs so should make over 400, also Mark , Shawn's buddy has some along with Greg B  we are starting tomorrow and I feel sure it will be a long day and into Saturday but always fun. ;) HA what else I got to do.  :-\ ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17177 on: February 13, 2020, 07:39:34 am »
Sausage Fest 2020!

Gonna do some Cajun , medium Italian and prolly more Germans.

Here's some pics from the 700 brat day last February.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17178 on: February 14, 2020, 06:56:24 am »
Yep, see ya in a little while Shawn, got the meat laid out yesterday and some supplies pick up also. Hope it had thawed by this morning. I HAD 70LBS 5 more than I thought, ???  in the teens here this morning so a good day to be in the kitchen. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. Stay warm. (=)  Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #17179 on: February 14, 2020, 09:33:19 am »
Man Pappy, That sausage looks awesome! One of these days I will have to find my way there!

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #17180 on: February 14, 2020, 02:28:18 pm »
sharing is caring! how much a shipment to California?

Offline HH~

« Reply #17181 on: February 15, 2020, 05:45:20 am »
Bart Pappy and I did 314 Brats before we ran outta gut. Have 20lbs to finish. Thanks your help Pap!

We will do Pappy's today (Sat)be another full day in Kitchen. Im sure Monday or Tues he will have all the specifics. Not sure how many we done but it was a bunch of mixing, seasoning, stuffing, twisting. Loved it all.

Shawn~
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 06:33:11 am by HedgeHunter »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17182 on: February 16, 2020, 05:13:07 pm »
Ya it was a long 2 days, 314 for Shawn and Mark on Saturday and some prep work for mine and Beaus, then Saturday 375 for me and Beau, longs day for 4 people but well worth it and lots of fun and fellowship along the way. ;) :) few pictures. Lots of prep work before we started. We make small batches of several different kinds. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17183 on: February 16, 2020, 05:16:30 pm »
After the prep work the fun started. Mark helped me stuff and Shawn done the cutting and sealing on Friday and Beau on Saturday. This was Mark's first time at making brats and he really caught on quick and was a great help. :) We worked from 8 till 4 on Saturday and 6 till 2 on Saturday. Wooooooooooo I was a tired puppy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17184 on: February 16, 2020, 05:20:11 pm »
Just shy of 700 in all, good 2 days work. Then I did take a little time to relax in the shop and made a new handle for my magnet I use in making knives. It had an old rubber handle on it I couldn't stand so I put a leg bone handle on it. Felt good to be out of the kitchen. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17185 on: February 16, 2020, 05:25:45 pm »
The other Mark showed up for some tip overlay work, Shawn giving him a lesson. Jesse came by and re smoked his big hide, said he didn't get enough color the first time to suit him.Jesse's walk about bag, after the smoking he took a little walk about, he like to get out of the farm and just wander, come to think of it I do to. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17186 on: February 16, 2020, 05:30:00 pm »
Sister just resting by the fire, not sure where Sally was, probably with Jesse, she like to wander also. Faith [Don's grand daughter] showed up and I helped he mount a flint blade in a handle, she did most of the work while I directed her. :) Sweet little girl and she loves this kind of stuff. Hope yall had a good one also, I know I did and now need some rest. ::)  Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17187 on: February 17, 2020, 02:17:32 am »
All those Brats are makin' Me HUNGRY  (lol) ! Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17188 on: February 17, 2020, 06:11:46 am »
Good morning Bob, as always glad you enjoy. :) Headed down this morning to glue up a handle on my Osage, weather is nice here for a day or 2 so need to get that done, then hopefully more Brats for Shawn tomorrow if his gut comes in. That will finish up the brats for this year I think. ;)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17189 on: February 18, 2020, 06:07:23 am »
That’s gotta be a really satisfying job Pappy, putting up all that good meat. Knowing it will be enjoyed by all.
Nice to see the young lady so involved in her project. It’s great to see the next generation take a interest in such projects. I’m sure she will remember that for a lifetime.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise