Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633465 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17220 on: March 02, 2020, 06:21:25 am »
Looks like a fun looking event Pappy.Thanks for showing.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17221 on: March 02, 2020, 06:49:50 am »
Ya it was for sure a good time, that is Grant's kitchen set up, always first class with him when cooking is involved. ;) :) You are welcome Jon, I think these are the best brats we have done, Big thanks to Rocky and Kevin who has taught me all I know about making them. ;)Still for some reason not quite as good as theirs , but getting there. :) No Shawn, I carried it but never got a chance to shoot it, only shot the course once.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #17222 on: March 02, 2020, 09:22:06 am »
That looks like a heck of a time!! hope to see you and a couple of others at the classic!! I miss seeing the guys from the Marshalls!! I also didn't know you guys did smaller gatherings!!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17223 on: March 03, 2020, 07:00:32 am »
Looking forward to meeting you DH21, this event wasn't at TwinOaks, it was at another club about 40 miles west of us. Had some bad storms here last night, waiting for day light to see if we got any damage, lots of wind and hail and at least 1 tornado a few mile north of us that I know of. Hope all is safe, kind of a rough night. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17224 on: March 03, 2020, 07:15:14 am »
Hope all is OK with you and everyone in the Nashville area. Looked like a very bad storm that came through the area last night.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17225 on: March 04, 2020, 05:10:14 am »
Sure hoping the twin oaks crew is safe and well to. Guessing your all to busy cleaning up to spend time here. Bless you all
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline GlennM

« Reply #17226 on: March 04, 2020, 06:14:15 am »
Our thought and prayers go out for your safety.  I have 2 graduates that live in downtown Nashville and were very close to the touchdown area.  They are safe but some of their friends and coworkers were not as lucky.

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17227 on: March 04, 2020, 07:17:50 am »
Ya it was very bad in Nashville and south, and also 30 miles or so North of us, it split and all we got was rain /wind and some small hail, all good at twinOaks as far as I can tell, haven;t been in the woods much but at least the cabin is still standing. Thanks for checking. I talked to Marie, she lives in Nashville and she said one set down about 4 miles from her, tore up Jack but all good with her.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17228 on: March 05, 2020, 02:08:28 am »
Glad to hear that Pappy - You all were in My thoughts and Prayers for sure ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17229 on: March 06, 2020, 06:38:58 am »
Thanks Bob. :) Headed that way in a little bit, the weather has been beautiful the last few day and Bill and I are trying to get some clean up and put stuff away to start getting ready for the Classic and our up coming open shoot in a couple of weeks, lots to to so we are taking advantage of the pretty weather, hauling creek gravel to fill some spots and getting the mulch pile in order and ready for the Classic today.We cut wood yesterday and cleaned the pavilion, also filling the freezers with ice, need lots of that at the Classic. :) :) Hope yall have a good one also.
Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17230 on: March 09, 2020, 06:35:23 am »
Great weekend, not much going on but clean up and getting things in order around the shop and farm in prepration for the Classic but did take a little time for some knife work and fellowship around the fire. Few pictures. Got another little necker handle fitted and ready to heat treat. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 02:54:14 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17231 on: March 09, 2020, 06:36:49 am »
Also got my Butcher knife all finished, turned out pretty good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17232 on: March 09, 2020, 06:39:57 am »
My girls always have fun. Knife blade out of the oven and ready for handle. BigA came down to up date our White tail grand slam board and also got my last hide for the year off the rack and ready when I am and ready to tan.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 02:55:21 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17233 on: March 09, 2020, 06:43:40 am »
Neck knife all finished and some of the other's I have been working on, 2 more laid out for further projects. Not sure what to do with all the knives but I guess you can't have to many. :-\ Hope yall had a good one also. ;)
 Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17234 on: March 10, 2020, 02:40:28 am »
Just finished a Green Mountain Buffalo Skinner from a kit Myself. Girls look fat & Sassy - Thanks Pappy  (=) !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.