Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4630226 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17415 on: May 26, 2020, 05:12:38 am »
 Yes Bob they seem to be doing well right now. :) :) Ya Bob Jesse loves that head of hair,he ant changed much other than that. :) Alex , his son is like my shadow when he is around. I meet him the first time at the first IBO world we did, I think he was about 5 years old and he followed me around then also, he is 15 now and for some reason he has taken up with me. Great kid. :) Headed to the farm in a bit and plan on a good hike with my big pack, about 55lbs now, I have been trying to do about 3 mile twice a week with it and a couple time a week with my day pack that I have packed heavy about 25lbs. I hope to have my big pack down to 40lbs or so and my day pack to about 10lbs when I make the trip. Getting hot around here now so I will try and get out early for my hikes.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #17416 on: May 26, 2020, 11:25:37 am »
 Pappy, good on you for getting in shape. It takes a lot more will power as we get older to just get out there and do it.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17417 on: May 26, 2020, 12:05:15 pm »
Nice work Pappy.  I've been putting in the miles also.  I haven't been packing much weight.  I don't have a hunt to look forward to this fall.  Good luck!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17418 on: May 27, 2020, 05:43:40 am »
Thanks guys, I stay in pretty good shape, at least in upper body from what I do, but not so much in hiking and packing. I enjoy it, but just don't usually take the time unless I am motivated by some plan. I tell folk I have motivation to do this, I have a son 34 years old that can run up them mountains like a billy goat and up to this point in his life he has never heard his old man say I just can't do that, so I want to keep that thought alive in him as long as I can, not sure how many more years I can do this but it isn't going to be from lack of trying. Yes Clint I am really looking forward to this again, we had a great time on the last trip. I don't get to spend a lot of time with him anymore[life happens] but to have 2 weeks with just me and him alone in the mountains is a real blessing. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #17419 on: May 28, 2020, 06:56:19 am »
Pappy,

You are an inspiration!  What a great attitude.

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17420 on: May 29, 2020, 06:41:06 am »
Thanks Glenn, Miss you NY guys. :) Headed to the cabin in a bit, hope to have a rain free weekend for a change. We also have a meeting in the morning to decide if will will host the IBO Traditional world, it is looking like we will but will have to wait and see what the majority wants. I am hoping we do and maybe things can get back to some kind of normal, we will have to make a few changes on how we do things but I think we can pull it off safely. Hope to get in some shop work and shooting in between . Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17421 on: May 29, 2020, 09:36:24 pm »
Nice looking arrows Pappy
Good to see life is still good down there
Good to have a special trip to look forward to
Y'all take care and have fun
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17422 on: May 31, 2020, 04:17:48 pm »
Had a great weekend and a good meeting, we voted to host the IBO Traditional world again and I am excited to finely get back to some kind of normal, it was an overwhelming yes from the club so I think everyone is ready to try and move forward. Hope some of you can make it, it's not the Classic but we do have a Hunter Challenge range for those not interested in the IBO, so come camp/shoot and have good time with a lot of like minded folks. It was pretty quite other than the early morning meeting, did have several over working on some projects and just shooting the bull and bows. Here are a few pictures. Shawn and Mark work on a bow Shawn is putting together, It's got the F word in it so I won't go into details but is is turning out nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17423 on: May 31, 2020, 04:19:25 pm »
Bill showed up as normal , making up a couple of strings. Then we hit the practice range, always fun doing that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17424 on: May 31, 2020, 04:20:57 pm »
We done some pretty good shooting. Little John showed up and spent most of the day in the napping pit. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17425 on: May 31, 2020, 04:22:45 pm »
I got some more finish work done on my RD Osage and the other Mark showed up for some bow work and shooting also. :) Also Beau showed up and we got his arrows tuned for his new bow and now I think he should be set for or out west hunt. :) Surly 2 dozen arrows will be enough. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17426 on: May 31, 2020, 04:29:28 pm »
Then got a big surprise , Josh showed up, I haven't seen him in several years, he use to live in Nashville and came around all the time, he mover to N/W WY. and just came into town to visit. Really good seeing him again, he hasn't changed much. Shawn got is bow out of the heat bow and mostly trimmed up. Looking good so far. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17427 on: June 01, 2020, 01:44:29 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17428 on: June 02, 2020, 06:04:57 am »
You welcome Bob. Got a call yesterday from and old friend, see if any of you remember him. Hint he is from the UP , we called him here the Yupper Also the dogs and from my old Lab Hannah, these are the last 2 living and are 13+ years old. Great to hear from him and see the pups. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17429 on: June 02, 2020, 08:48:31 am »
Is that Dana?   I've seen pictures and his posts years ago but never got to meet him. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left