Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609166 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17430 on: June 02, 2020, 07:09:23 pm »
Yep that would be the one and only Dana. Had a great day today, put in 3.6 miles yesterday with my heavy pack  55lbs and 1.2 miles today with my day pack at 25lb while shooting the practice range, the weather got hot quick today, just beautiful yesterday. Then came back and set up my base camp tent to check it out, still in pretty good shape for a tent bought in 1989 but this will probably be it's last big trip, :( I love that tent and have had many good time in it but it like me is showing it's age. ??? Tomorrow is Margaret Ann+Bodhi Wednesday but plan on a small walk about early in the morning before they arrive probably with my big pack. I have got to get as many miles in as I can before July and august, I am fixing to get really busy with TwinOaks events/some farm work and  ElmHall I plan on attending. ;) Time flies and August 31 will be here before you know it. :) I need as much hiking and shooting as I can between now and then. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17431 on: June 05, 2020, 05:26:16 am »
Headed to te farm in a bit for some fun and relaxing, maybe a little work  :-\ Hope yall have a good one, see ya Monday. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17432 on: June 07, 2020, 04:01:07 pm »
Great weekend, very hot but had a good time just the same, more folks are getting out and it's really good to see them. Didn't take to many pictures but did get a few things done, mostly just shot our bows, I shot the practice range 3 times over the weekend with 3 different groups of guys, we had a blast. Also worked on some bows and worked on the new range for the IBO World. Few pictures. :) My girls doing good in the heat, they know where the cool spots are. Putting the final touches on my RD Osage and put together another side quiver. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17433 on: June 07, 2020, 04:05:54 pm »
Hemp wrap grip on and a couple coats of sealer on the RD bow. Mark showed up to work on his daughters friend 's Hickory bow, it's looking good right now.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17434 on: June 07, 2020, 04:08:48 pm »
Mike Scott showed up to shoot and spend the weekend with me, always a good time with him around. Shawn is helping me put together a Osage/Hickory Bo lam bow, we got it all glued up, I will see what it looks like in a day or 2. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17435 on: June 07, 2020, 04:11:50 pm »
Shawn putting the final touches on an Osage re curve he just shot in , looks really good and shoot fast and smooth. That it for the weekend, everyone try and stay cool. :-\  Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17436 on: June 08, 2020, 01:46:28 am »
Thanks Pappy  (SH) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline HH~

« Reply #17437 on: June 08, 2020, 06:02:46 am »
Have to see that Osage, Hickory, Boo arra launcher! Bet that thing will throw a 600grn arra like it was shot out a howizter.

Bring some of that Brownells down to glue up the riser on it.

Hedge~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline mscott

« Reply #17438 on: June 08, 2020, 01:07:04 pm »
Had great time at twin oaks
|)
|) () \/\/  /\/\ /-\ |\/  /\/\|KE

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17439 on: June 09, 2020, 04:56:44 am »
Me also Mike, enjoyed your company , I took a 3 mile hike yesterday with my big pack, man it was hot , even early, next time I am starting even earlier. Then got the lam bow unwrapped and worked down a bit, Shawn brought the glue down for the riser block and we got that glued up.Looking pretty good right now but going to have to have quite a bit of wood removed, pretty heavy right now. Pretty much pyramid 1 3/8 down to 1/2 at the tips  , very straight down the middle and about 3 inches of reflex right now before tillering. We will see how it goes the next few days.If it holds together it should be a shooter. I have made a few lam bows before from blanks but this is my first to really build. Shawn has been a big help for sure, nothing like having someone that knows what they are doing to help and watch over you. ;) :) Not sure I will ever do another but wanted to say I did at least 1.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17440 on: June 12, 2020, 05:49:23 am »
Headed to the cabin, see yall Monday.Hope you all have a Blessed weekend, weather is just beautiful here for a few days so I want to take full advantage of that. ;) :) :) Won't see much weather like this till fall in Tennessee. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17441 on: June 14, 2020, 01:42:28 pm »
Great weekend, some shop time and lots of hiking and shooting, the weather was beautiful. Had an exciting time Saturday evening on the practice range, Sally and Sister ran down a young fawn, couldn't have been over a few days old, lucky I got to them before they done any damage, I picked it up and took it up on the range trail and cooled it off for a little while and it finely got to it's feet and bounced off, I put the dogs up after that and heard momma blowing near by so I feel pretty sure all is well with the fawn. Funny I told Shawn and the guys with up I was saving it now and would try and kill it later, That don't make much sense but true. It all happened so fast didn't think about getting pictures. Did get a few of the weekend though. ;) :) My girls been in the creek. Bill picking Obsidian out of his legs, he know better than to fool with that stuff in shorts. :-[ ::) ;) Got my lam bow floor tillered and ready to cut in the handle.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17442 on: June 14, 2020, 01:45:26 pm »
Got the handle worked in and out to about 50@26. Jon showed up and helping with a string and puffs. Don't see as often as I use to but always good when I do. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17443 on: June 14, 2020, 01:48:26 pm »
Shawn and Mark doing some bow work . :)I went out and shot the practice range early with one of my CO. bows, if I can keep this up I may just be ready. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17444 on: June 14, 2020, 01:51:25 pm »
Big A doing some napping , then lunch.  ;) Yum ,Shawn and Mark doing a RD.Hickory bow for Mark's daughters friend, It is looking pretty good as of now. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good