Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632102 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #17490 on: July 06, 2020, 07:35:15 am »
Nothing in the world like a hug from a grandchild.  Really looking forward to getting down there next week.  Everyone coming travel safely.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17491 on: July 07, 2020, 05:33:29 am »
Very true Dave, look forward to it also, got word yesterday Bro. Bear is coming, be good to see him also, it has been a while.Funny, we were just talking about him Friday evening around the fire and how we didn't know if he would ever be back to a shoot again, funny how that works. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17492 on: July 08, 2020, 06:28:23 am »
How them pickles taste. Mine are disappearing very mighty quickly.

H~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17493 on: July 10, 2020, 06:01:25 am »
Headed to the cabin for about 10 days, got most everything ready, still a few things to finish but really looking forward to it. Come see us if you can,I think you would enjoy. See yall in a week or so. Life is Good :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17494 on: July 10, 2020, 06:26:27 am »
Be safe and stay healthy, Pappy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17495 on: July 12, 2020, 01:42:51 pm »
You bet Pat, wished things were different, so all my friends felt safe coming down. We are doing all we can and have put a lot of safe guards in place, I feel pretty good about it right now. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17496 on: July 12, 2020, 04:30:41 pm »
I'm planning on coming to the IBO Pappy.  My mother in law is in her final days and nearing the end of her battle with cancer.  Depending on what happens there maybe I'll get to camp at Twin Oaks for a couple of days. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17497 on: July 13, 2020, 05:44:36 am »
Very good Clint, love to have ya, hope all goes well with her, very sad,been there done that and it ant fun. Me and Mike Scott are here now and headed out to chef some ranges. Then who knows what we will get into. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17498 on: July 13, 2020, 08:50:15 am »
Da Hedge be down later to drop off Pickling cucumbers and build Camp Hedge.

Shawn~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17499 on: July 20, 2020, 02:48:13 pm »
Just got back from the cabin, been a long 10 days, had a great time and the event went over way better than we expected, I will have some pictures up as soon as I catch my breath, It wasn't the Classic but did have a lot of bow work and napping in the shop all week and weekend. had 283 in the IBO event and 292 in the TwinOaks hunters challenge, some shot both some only 1 so over 400+ people total.Lots of support from TX and OK ,Had 40 shoot in the Arvin Weaver self bow shoot down that way great and fun to watch, and the 2 bows he donated did really good at raffle, the money from the bows went to the shooters, gave away over 1,000.00 on the shoot down. I also donated a knife that did very well for the club, so I guess we will be able to keep the lights on for another year. ;) :) :) Had about 10/12 vendors and they all said they done great. Every one seemed to respect the distance thing and saw some mask, lots of fist bumps and hand washing going on also. They ate and drank us out of house and home, had just enough, ran out of food at about 12 Sunday just as the awards started, PREFECT  ;) ;) My girls were great but are sure glad it's over. ;) ;) Hope yall had a good time also. Life is Good.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17500 on: July 20, 2020, 03:45:15 pm »
Glad to here it was a success for Twin Oaks, Pappy and glad to hear folks were being conscientious with regards to the virus.  :OK 
  (=)   :BB   :KN  :-K  -C-  (-S

Looking forward to pics.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17501 on: July 20, 2020, 06:09:26 pm »
Pappy, thanks for all the work you and the members put in to make the shoot a success.  It was nice to see my bow family again.   The hunters challenge course was great! 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline HH~

« Reply #17502 on: July 20, 2020, 08:40:19 pm »
The IBO 60 target course shooting with the Selfbow greats was a hoot.

Jack Rudy still has the goods at 76 yrs old!! What an awesome Brother of the Hedge!

Shawn~
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:29:43 am by HedgeHunter »

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17503 on: July 21, 2020, 02:11:13 am »
Glad to hear that things went well - Good job Twin Oaks  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17504 on: July 21, 2020, 05:47:35 am »
Ya it was a great time, now headed down for some clean up and put back stuff where it belongs , all pitched in Sunday evening to get most cleaned up even after a long hard hot weekend, great bunch of guys I hang with that is for sure. ;) Ya Jack Rudy is a great guy, never Mons or groans, or complains ,always positive, just goes out and shoots, a real pleasure to be around. :) Pictures a little later.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good