Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632107 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17550 on: August 06, 2020, 03:38:11 am »
What a great time I had , many thanks for Rocky/Kevin/Steve/Chester/Stewart /Mike and all the rest for showing us such a good time and really taking care of us, great place and even better bunch of folks. Can't miss event for me.  :) Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17551 on: August 06, 2020, 03:51:17 am »
Thanks for sharing pappy  :OK ! Sorry I missed You - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17552 on: August 06, 2020, 06:02:47 am »
I only got to spend Thursday night there and had to pack up mid morning Friday. I was almost done packing and who do I see. Thanks for looking me up Pappy. Was great to see you. Your looking like your ready for that Elk Hunt.

I didn’t even shoot my bow. I had a very nice time visiting though. Saw Greg and Sharon plus two of their grandkids. Ryan and Lacey. Colby. Bruce and Cindy. Jeff. Ron. Got to see Pearl and he brought along the trade bow he made me that has been accumulating dust since we couldn’t go to Marshall.

Bjrogg

PS those signs do seem to be very popular 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 07:33:53 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17553 on: August 06, 2020, 06:18:17 am »
Looks like a great time.  Maybe next year I'll make that shoot. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #17554 on: August 06, 2020, 07:39:55 am »
Thanks for sharing all the pictures Pappy! Cahl and I had a great time and the hospitality was above and beyond. Looking forward to seeing you al again soon.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17555 on: August 07, 2020, 05:51:06 am »
Ya them guys and gals know how to take care of people. I am headed to the cabin today to finish getting ready for tomorrows shoot, the weather is supposed to be beautiful, hot , but not as bad as it has been, hope to have a good turn out. Had a week of relaxing now back to work. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also. :)
 Life is Good :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17556 on: August 09, 2020, 05:47:30 am »
Good shoot. Nice day. Gil and Sherry, myself had a pleasent day.

Left that Pyramid bow in the form. I will get it on Monday and get some tips on so I can throw a string to it.

Need a bow that is not tuned to Broadheads already to plink with. Time to see which White Oaks stands have the goods. I been in a few that look rather meager. With all this late summer rain there has to be some that are loaded up. I just hope they all are not loaded up. If just the big mature stands are. Early season may be very very productive.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17557 on: August 10, 2020, 05:20:32 am »
Had a great weekend, Had a good turn out so didn't get to take many pictures, pretty busy and actually got to shoot the course with Beau and of course Margaret Ann following along helping pull arrows and riding the animals. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:32:26 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17558 on: August 15, 2020, 01:17:35 pm »
Thanks sharing the pictures Pappy
Sure do miss y'all
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17559 on: August 16, 2020, 05:01:02 pm »
Ya miss you also Guy. Been a busy weekend, only a couple more weeks until we leave for CO. Still got lots of little things to do and also some things around the farm. Done some bush hogging and spraying but mostly worked on getting all my stuff together, lots of stuff but trying to make the load as light as I can, got to pack most of it in and out so I want to be sure I have what I need but nothing I don't. Few pictures. Getting all my cloth packed and also bows and arrows ready. :) Some one ask me why some many bows and arrows, well I ant going 1200 mile with out back up, you never know what might happen or go wrong. ??? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17560 on: August 16, 2020, 05:05:10 pm »
My girls, then a good supper of brats/chili and sweet corn. Making trail mix for the trip, light and very tasty. ;)Miss Joanie said it would be cheaper to buy it, ::)  but that just wouldn't be the same. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17561 on: August 16, 2020, 05:08:44 pm »
Trail mix turned out very good, also made 3 lbs of jerky. Jesse showed up and played some for me while I sat and sharpened my broad heads. He is really good on that flute. :) Had several come in and out but late evening I pretty much have the place to myself, love it and it is very peaceful. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17562 on: August 16, 2020, 05:18:08 pm »
He worked on some stuff for some necklaces he is making and I sat around and sharping arrows, got a dozen ready for each bow, all my cloth pace and my trailer, all I like is food and getting my big packs and day packs ready, getting close and I can hardly wait, they say the weather is dry but temps in the highs in 70's and high 30's to low 40's at night , that is at Meeker which is a few 1000 feet lower than we will be and very little humidity , that will be nice for a change. :) Going to make 3 hikes this week 2 with big pack and one with my day pack,3 to 4 miles in the Tennessee hills, Monday/Wednesday and Friday, then I am calling it done, if I ant ready I will never be. :-\ ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17563 on: August 16, 2020, 05:59:19 pm »
I remember my first and second trip out to the San Juan's in SW Colorado. I had 8 months to prepare and drove my wife mad getting stuff ready. She was sure happy to see me fly away that August of 2006.
 I'm with you and Beau in spirit, Pappy and I feel good about our trip.  ;) (SH)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17564 on: August 17, 2020, 12:59:03 am »
Best of luck on the trip Pappy - can't wait to hear the stories  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.