Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611129 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17580 on: August 23, 2020, 05:35:11 pm »
Great weekend, just about got everything together and also had time for some shooting and finishing up Margaret Ann's walking stick she loved it,pink handle wrap and all. Here is a few pictures. This was a broken limb bow, waste not want not. ;) Deer skull cap and deer horn tip.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17581 on: August 23, 2020, 05:41:42 pm »
Also revamped an old Allis pack into a meat pack, got my day pack down to 20lbs and big pack down to 40lbs, problem is I have to have them both when we spike camp , so together I will be hauling up 60 lbs total, good thing I been working out with about 70lbs.  ??? :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17582 on: August 23, 2020, 05:46:31 pm »
Dan showed up with some of his new creations, beautiful arrows, Shawn also showed up for some bow work and shooting. But what really made my day was Beau showed up with Margaret Ann and Bodhi, we done some shooting with her, she ant got it down yet but getting better each time she shoots, she also spent some time in the creek chasing crawfish. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17583 on: August 23, 2020, 05:48:39 pm »
She lover her walking stick and Bodhi was just hanging out. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17584 on: August 23, 2020, 05:51:22 pm »
Then I went out for some shooting, not doing to bad. Jesse showed up and played a little for me around the fire, on his Ukulele and flute. Always good seeing him. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17585 on: August 23, 2020, 05:56:13 pm »
Will showed up also, hadn't seen him in a while , so good to see and visit with him and Jesse, I ask them if the borrowed there shoes from their wife.  :) ;) Leaving a week for today and still have a few small thing to do, but about ready I think. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17586 on: August 24, 2020, 01:53:24 am »
Thanks Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17587 on: August 25, 2020, 05:32:16 am »
You are welcome Bob, getting excited, looks like I70 is open finely and they are getting some rain in the fire areas so things are looking up. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17588 on: August 27, 2020, 05:28:28 am »
Well down to 3 days before I leave, had a great day yesterday with Margaret Ann and Bodhi and this morning headed to the farm to work on some food plots, got everything ready to pack so not much to do on that until Saturday evening. I am putting out 5 food plots this year, I haven't done that in several years but this year the mass crops are so poor[white oaks/red oaks/persimmons ] that I am going to do it again. Not sure why the crops are so poor , maybe the late freeze/to much rain/not enough rain at the right time, not sure but it is very poor for sure. I am doing about an acre and a half in all , winter oats/turnips and rape , picked up 400 lbs of 15-15 fertilizer and 400 lbs of pelleted lime yesterday along with the seed, I really don't have time for this but want to get it out before the rain and before I leave, so it's going to be a long day. ??? ;) :) I was planning on doing nothing but shooting this weeks but things sometime change, Miss Joanie told me that if I haven't shoot enough already another
few day of practice won't help, :-\  their is some sense to that I guess. ;) :) Words of wisdom from my better half. Hope yall have a great day.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #17589 on: August 27, 2020, 05:38:57 am »
Best of luck on the trip and safe travels!

Glenn

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #17590 on: August 28, 2020, 03:54:23 am »
You are pushing it, like we all do. Relax if you can. It is really all fun but sometimes fun hurts later. Good luck! Can't wait for pics of trip.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17591 on: August 28, 2020, 05:04:52 am »
Got 3 of the 5 plots done before the rain, so all good. :) Going to wait on the other 2 until I return. Going to finish packing all the dry goods in the trailer today and coolers tomorrow evening, Bringing it home tomorrow evening and Beau will add his stuff, should be ready to pull out 6am Sunday morning !!!!! See yall in a couple of weeks, I may check in if we go to Meeker for a day like we have done in the past,no reception where we will be in the mountains. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17592 on: August 28, 2020, 07:16:15 am »
Pappy, you and Beau have a safe trip to and from Colorado and hoping for a successful hunt for you guys. I know it will be a great father/son outing and adventure.  :OK
We'll be awaiting your return and stories.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17593 on: August 28, 2020, 08:42:52 am »
Good luck to you and Beau and be careful.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17594 on: August 29, 2020, 02:06:44 am »
God speed Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.