Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632087 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17670 on: October 04, 2020, 08:20:43 pm »
Great weekend, spent most of it working up meat but did do a little hunting, seen some deer but none wanted to come close and play with me. ;) :) Freezer is pretty well stocked for me and Beau so all else is gravy anyway. :) I do need 40 or so more pounds for Brats this winter but had another given to me that is on ice so I am in really good shape.Plan on working it up this week. Here are a few pictures of the fun. To start with and after a few hours of work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17671 on: October 04, 2020, 08:24:08 pm »
Jesse showed for some flute work and the girls have a new friend, Rosco, Jesse's dog.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17672 on: October 04, 2020, 08:26:41 pm »
10 Back straps, yum yum,  also this grinder will get it done, takes longer to set and clean up than to grind, done 39 lbs in less than 5 minutes.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17673 on: October 04, 2020, 08:32:09 pm »
Lots of sinew hides and brains along with a bunch of very good meat,Steak/roast and burger. I think I am set for the winter. ;) :) :) Gave Beau 10 lbs of burger and I put away 30lbs in 5 lbs bags for brat making later this winter.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17674 on: October 04, 2020, 08:35:41 pm »
I had most of it processed but the whole family showed up to help package. The last one in the cooler on ices, I will work it up later this week, I usually let it set and drain on ice for a few days. Then a good supper of fried Back strap, That really make a man sleep well. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17675 on: October 05, 2020, 02:29:51 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! For some reason, I'm HUNGRY now  -C-  (lol) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17676 on: October 06, 2020, 04:41:52 am »
I hear ya Bob  ;) :) headed out this morning, went yesterday but nothing was moving, seen only a couple of birds and 1 squirrel, maybe today will be better, the bright moon isn't helping but the weather is nice so I will get out and enjoy that. Nothing like being is the woods watching it wake up.Love it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17677 on: October 09, 2020, 06:06:03 am »
Got my last deer processed and put in the freezer yesterday so headed to the cabin this morning to see what else I can get into. Took a couple days off from hunting and looks like lots of rain on the way for the weekend, maybe some shop time with my yew stave. ;) :) We need the rain really bad so that is a good thing, they also cut my corn Thursday so the deer will take a day or 2 to figure out where they want to be after their 80 acre thicket is gone. :) Good thing about being retired, rainy weekend really don't matter, always got Monday Good Lord willing. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #17678 on: October 09, 2020, 10:14:32 am »
didnt eat breakfast.... so hungry...... really want that backstrappppppppppppp!!! aaaaahhhhh!!!   :'( :'( :'(   -C- -C-
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17679 on: October 11, 2020, 04:38:06 pm »
Great weekend, lot of rain and very little hunting but did spend a lot of time in the shop. Few pictures. Had an old friend come by to visit, When I say old he just turned 90 and has been Traditional bow hunting all the years I have know him, but now just in the last couple of years just can't do it anymore, so I guess he is cleaning out his old stuff, he figures no one in his family will want it when he is gone so giving it to folks that will appreciate it. All you know how I like old stuff , he gave me a sack full and said he would bring more as he finds it.  :) Not sure what folks will do with all my stuff when I am out of here but they will sure have a pile to go through. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17680 on: October 11, 2020, 04:41:50 pm »
Then lunch, my girls just cooling it and staying out of the rain. I decided to clean up some horns that still had the base in the center, it can be tough to get it out but with some lite tapping on the sides with a tack hammer the usually free up pretty easy, bout time to work on some powder horns or flasks. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17681 on: October 11, 2020, 04:44:19 pm »
Had to use a couple of ends for tip over lays for my yew bow, it is ready to long string and the tips on Yew are soft so I usually go ahead with over lays before tillering.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:03:09 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17682 on: October 11, 2020, 04:47:26 pm »
Yew looking pretty good, got a couple of wrinkles in it that need to be addressed now that I have it bending even, so it will go on the form now to tweak. Sally cleaning up some leg bones for me. ;) :) She does good work. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17683 on: October 11, 2020, 04:51:21 pm »
Mark came down to do some bow work, we got my Yew on the straight form and put his Osage on the RD form, I also debarked a 25 year old Osage stave, guess it will be my next project. Nice clean old wood that should make a fine bow if all goes well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17684 on: October 11, 2020, 05:00:08 pm »
Had 1 last horn and it was the toughest, it came off of a tough old cow that had apparently had a rough life, I finely got the center out after an hour or so and will will make a very cool something  :-\ ;) :) Great time with a few friends, Brother Dan  [a lot here know him ]came in for a wedding and brought his wife Cathy [Cat he calls her] I have known him and heard about her for 30+ years and finely got to meet her, very sweet lady,just not sure how she wound up with him. :-\ ??? We had a great visit around the fire. Enjoyed it Dan, Thanks. That's it for the weekend, now back to the woods in the morning, weather is supposed to be great all week. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 05:05:12 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good