Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609520 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17685 on: October 11, 2020, 05:07:54 pm »
Forgot the lunch picture, deer brats, getting low but have stored away 39 lbs of ground venison so far for some brat work this winter. :) Need about 70lbs so maybe tomorrow. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17686 on: October 12, 2020, 02:12:55 am »
Thanks Pappy ! Always a great start to My week  :OK - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #17687 on: October 12, 2020, 05:37:56 am »
Amazing!!!

Offline BDan

« Reply #17688 on: October 12, 2020, 02:51:33 pm »
       Mark it was great seeing you just wish it was longer, Kath loved it, specially the cabin, says you got a lot of neat stuff. The wedding was nice. They did a heck of a job in a week with the change of plans due to the weather, and the rain stopped for the ceremony, they prayed a lot. We made it safe. Hope we can do it again soon but longer. Thanks, BDan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17689 on: October 13, 2020, 04:37:24 am »
Cool Dan, enjoyed it also and glad yall made it home safe. Headed back to the woods this morning, hope the deer are moving better that yesterday, it was foggy and warm yesterday and seems nothing was moving about, seen squirrels but not until 10am or so and they just moved around for 30 minutes or so and disappeared, not even many birds moving, I have seen morning like that many time when it seems nothing is in the woods and then the next day animals are every where, we will see this morning, fun being out there any way.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17690 on: October 16, 2020, 05:56:09 am »
No hunting this morning, got a few things to catch up on here at home , then to the cabin for some leaf blowing/gutter cleaning and getting a few things around the club and cabin ready for winter. I plan on hunting this evening if all goes well. I hunted yesterday and guess I am getting soft  ??? :-\ I had a big doe and small one [50lbs or so] come in, I was ready to take a shot at the big doe at about 12 yards when the little one decided to nurse. ??? I watched that and after had several shots at the big doe at 5 to 8 yards but just couldn't do it, It usually don't bother me to take a doe with a young one, if the young one don't have spots, the winters are easy here and the young one will do fine on their own but for some reason I just couldn't do it, Beau said it helps when the freezer is already full, :)  guess he is right to some extent.  ;) :) But she better not try me, next time it may be different. ;) :) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17691 on: October 18, 2020, 03:16:29 pm »
Great weekend, done some hunting and seen several deer but nothing wanted to come in and play, had a couple at 6 or 7 yards but just couldn't make the shot happen, O well that's bow hunting. Did get some work done on my Yew and Osage and got all the winterizing projects done around the cabin and club, we also had a good meeting and got to see a lot of my buddies that I don't see much in the winter. We voted to have the Traditional World again so it will be a busy spring and summer if all goes well with all the stuff going on around the world, we can only Pray it will. :) :) Here are a few pictures of the fun. My Osage to a growth ring and somewhat laid out, still thinking on this one. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17692 on: October 18, 2020, 03:20:39 pm »
 My girls enjoying the weather.Then some leaf blowing. Lots of them at TwinOaks. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17693 on: October 18, 2020, 03:23:40 pm »
Leaves and roofs all clean and burned, also gathered what was left of my tomatoes before the frost coming Friday night. Be eating on them as the ripen until early November. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17694 on: October 18, 2020, 03:30:47 pm »
Then a good lunch of Brats of course, :) Woody showed up with an old tool his dad brought back from Vietnam, His going to put a new handle in it, very cool piece. Also planted 3 Buck Eye trees, Thought about Guy while planting these. :) :) we don't have many of these around here so I plan on changing that, ;) love them trees. :) Then the meeting Saturday at noon, we do it at noon during hunting season so as to not interfere with the guys hunting. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17695 on: October 18, 2020, 03:33:24 pm »
A good meeting as I said, then a good fire and some time in the shop, Mark and Allen both got Bows in the works, Mark is working on a RD Osage that is looking good so far. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17696 on: October 18, 2020, 03:35:52 pm »
They are coming along with theirs , mine just setting in limbo for now, to much going on, I will get back on them this week,Maybe. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17697 on: October 18, 2020, 03:46:22 pm »
One last bit of excitement, I was riding around on the farm checking out where they cut my corn, I came across a sink hole that had just fell out in the middle of the field, it was 7-8 feet across and 9 feet deep, when I looked in the hole their was a coon in the bottom of the hole setting on a pile of corn, don't know how long he had been there but I checked the next morning and he was still there, it had scratch marks all over the side of the hole almost to the top but not quite, so he couldn't get out, We cut a big limb and leaned it in the hole and left it. A couple hours later we went back to check and he was out and gone, ;) :) he was really have a bad day But we made it better. :) Now I am not against killing a coon for meat or hide but this just didn't seem right, I am sure he appreciated it. ;) Hope yall had a good one also.
 Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17698 on: October 19, 2020, 02:04:12 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Wish I could burn leaves here where I live - You'd have three Fire Trucks show up in minutes if You started a pile  >:(  Next Township over they Burn 'Em - no problem , go figure !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17699 on: October 19, 2020, 06:24:26 am »
Yep , it is for sure the quickest and easiest way to get rid of them, I watch them close but always amazes me how quick a big pile goes away, 10 minutes and they are down to ashes.  :) I guess it is the wonder of living in the country, in town they can't burn them, they have to bag them up and haul away or mulch them, now that would be a big pain if I had to do that with all the leaves I have. Hope yall all have a good week, it Monday I think. :-\ ;) :) :) I tell folks since I retired every day is Saturday and then Sunday and start all over again, pretty cool and finely getting use to it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good