Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609659 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17715 on: November 01, 2020, 04:28:25 pm »
Then got a good surprise , Chuck showed  up, he has been gone since March working on some island some where, really have missed him. Dan showed up also showing of some of his latest arrows. Shawn also dropped by, just got back from 3 weeks out west hunting and had some great stories to tell, he also brought me back a nice piece of wood, he said they called it mountain Mahogany , not sure if that is correct name, but it is hard as a rock and will make some beautiful project material.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17716 on: November 01, 2020, 04:30:33 pm »
Time to work up some deer, love doing that. Meat for my buddies coming in next week to hunt, we will eat good for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17717 on: November 01, 2020, 04:33:56 pm »
The wood pile is looking pretty sad, so time to get on that and get the winter supply. My girls just fat and sassy with bear fat and deer legs, now that is a dogs life. :) :) If they could talk they would probably say Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17718 on: November 01, 2020, 04:37:51 pm »
Then a good fire Saturday night, the wood was a little wet from all the rain, but I have an answer for that. Hope yall had a good one also. Back to the woods in the morning, supposed to be 27 degrees here and light NW wind, the rut is almost here so should be an exciting morning.  !!!!  ;)   
 Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #17719 on: November 01, 2020, 04:48:34 pm »
Good luck with your hunt

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17720 on: November 02, 2020, 03:16:21 am »
Thanks Brian, Beau and I are headed to the wood in and hour or so, should be a good morning, Don't get to hunt with him much anymore, you know Kids ans work, ??? so that is always special to me no matter what we see or do. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17721 on: November 02, 2020, 03:34:11 am »
Happy Dogs  -C- ! Thanks Pappy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #17722 on: November 02, 2020, 09:03:57 am »
Morning, Pappy.  Always good to see what you're up to.  I've only rendered bear fat once, but I keep mine in the freezer and it's solid.  It melts at room temperature.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline HH~

« Reply #17723 on: November 02, 2020, 02:16:11 pm »
Cooler looks better now.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #17724 on: November 03, 2020, 12:23:49 pm »
Was good to see Chuck! I thought of him for some reason driving back from Montana. Think I saw a power plant on river and it reminded me to him.

Shawn~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17725 on: November 04, 2020, 04:02:09 am »
Ya Shawn I have missed his laugh around their. Had a good day with Beau Monday, we both hunted hard, he killed a nice doe and I though we might double up, hadn't done that in a while, but was not to be, he don't get much time to hunt anymore so really glad he got some meat. Now I have something to do in my spare time, cut and process another deer. ;) :) :) Headed out this morning, they should be moving, going for a short hunt this morning , it is Margaret Ann and Bodhi Wednesday , so won't hunt long. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17726 on: November 04, 2020, 06:45:11 am »
I will hit it tonite again in the old Tobacca field stand. Lots of deer coming thru there even in the warm temps!

HH~

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17727 on: November 06, 2020, 04:04:50 am »
Headed to the cabin this morning for a week, Dave/Chris and Shane are coming in from IN. and FL. for a week of hunting and fellowship, it should be a fun week for sure. I plan on hunting this morning then back to skin another deer that was given to me and also process /grind  Beau's deer. Also help Shawn with his, He killed 2 yesterday morning a 9 point and big doe. We will have a full day for sure. Not sure how much I will hunt this week but have lots to keep me busy in the kitchen and shop. Hope yall have a great week also. Hope to have some good pictures to share on my return of the hunting adventures and fun. ;) :) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17728 on: November 14, 2020, 04:57:18 pm »
Thanks for thinking of me Pappy
If your tress don't take give me a holler and I will get some nice starts gathered up you can grab on the next trip north
Y'all take care and have fun
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17729 on: November 15, 2020, 05:20:16 pm »
Thanks Guy, I have 2 of the 3 I put in pots already started to sprout, I will keep them in doors for the winter, hope they make it but if not I will let you know. What a great 10 days or so I have had. Lots of hunting/shop time and days spent with very good friends. Got a few pictures of the fun I will share. Started the first weekend hunting with my son Beau, he killed a nice 90lb doe and also done a catch and release on a nice Tom, guess that's one way to get feathers. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 06:34:46 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good