Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609549 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17820 on: December 13, 2020, 03:23:56 pm »
Long weekend, as usual we have some kids around, got to love that, :) they all seem to love my girls and love the fire. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17821 on: December 14, 2020, 02:02:11 am »
The Girls are looking Fat n Sassy for sure ! That Buck of Yours was a Stud - Thanks Pappy  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17822 on: December 14, 2020, 05:47:14 am »
Looks like a very productive and enjoyable weekend Pappy.

I never seem to get everything done I hope to get done. Maybe if I had the crew you do at Twin Oaks.
You all sure get a lot done and seem to have a good time doing it.

Once again thanks for bringing us along

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17823 on: December 14, 2020, 06:02:32 am »
We all have our special projects going on BJ, but it does help to have a hand once in a while,to pick up, move or just hold something, sometimes it is best to just be left alone, :) and yes we have a good time doing it. ;) Great bunch of guys,everyone is happy to lend a hand when needed. ;) Sometimes when we are really working hard I will say "Look what a man does and call it fun " I always have something going on and hope I never get everything done I want to get done, that's what keeps me motivated. Getting older so got to keep moving. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17824 on: December 14, 2020, 06:11:35 am »
Well said Pappy. I enjoy my alone time to. I gotta admit though with this COVID stuff I miss a few of my buddies stopping by to see what I’m up to.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #17825 on: December 14, 2020, 09:54:36 am »
Those Twin Oaks PigNut Hickory's are looking great. I like the one that Brandon did I think its really nice.

Digging up and saving those old hand cut limestone foundation stones for later projects is a good thing, just a bear to muscle around.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17826 on: December 17, 2020, 06:26:04 am »
Headed to the cabin for a few days, Beau is coming out today and stay a day or 2 we plan on doing some hunting and have a little Father son time, we don't get to do that as much anymore as we use to so I am really looking forward to it.I got Back straps wrapped in beacon in the marinate so we should eat good at least. ;) :) Got several projects going also so should stay busy. ??? Shawn and I have been working on the Hickory stave for the Classic and beginning to make some head way on them, hope to get a few more done this weekend, also got some splicing to do on Shawn's next Osage and of course hope to be tracking/dragging and processing a deer. ;) :) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17827 on: December 18, 2020, 07:09:44 am »
Good to see Bart up and about even with no knee in his leg. Not sure how he tolerates that pain? Good to get him out and about. I'm thinking that piece of heavy dark OK osage he has will make a nice shooting bow. When I cut end the wood looked like prehistoric amber. Heavy lumber to be sure.

Those hickory's are piling up fast. Only 30 more to go!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17828 on: December 20, 2020, 01:52:42 pm »
Great weekend, first couple days with Beau and then the rest with some of my buddies, No deer but a good time for sure.This time of year in Tennessee you either see a bunch of deer or nothing but squirrels , I seen squirrels  ;) :) :) Started out waiting on Beau to get there, so I packaged all my Jerky and done some work along with Mark and Shawn in the shop. :) Also a good lunch of my brats. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17829 on: December 20, 2020, 01:55:52 pm »
Also got the hair off my big hide and some more Hickory's ready for the Classic. :) Beau showed up and after an evening of hunting we had a good supper of Back strap wrapped in beacon , beans and mashed potato's, home made. Yum yum.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17830 on: December 20, 2020, 01:59:15 pm »
Supper, Shawn and I found a very nice 6 point dead [no fault of mine]  ;) :) :) at the far end of the farm while tracking one. I decided to do a euro mount on it, about as nice a 6 point as I have ever seen, 106 inches, 17 inch spread and 22 inch main beams.  :) Nice buck for sure.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17831 on: December 20, 2020, 02:01:52 pm »
That evening everyone was in the shop doing all kinds of different projects, Shawn on his Osage, Brandon on a file handle and Mark 2 on a new string jig out of walnut. :) Me on Hickory. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17832 on: December 20, 2020, 02:03:43 pm »
More wood cut, the wood pile is looking respectable now, Hickory/elm/maple and cherry, it was a cold nigh and my girls love the fire as much as I do. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17833 on: December 20, 2020, 02:08:32 pm »
Got my big hide all scrapped and sanded and ready to come off the rack, also got my mount finished, it turned out nice. We had a club meeting Saturday, not everyone was there but a pretty good showing considering  all that is going on. Good to see them , some I hadn't seen in several months. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17834 on: December 20, 2020, 02:13:06 pm »
A good friend of mine came by Friday, Matt, he was telling me about his flint lock, I have never shot one, so he brought his down Saturday, man that thing is nice and now I really really want one, I shot it and it was nothing like I thought, it shot sweet and went off as quick as my side lock.
also at 25 yards I hit very good with it.  :) Beautiful to boot. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good