Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609897 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Life is good
« Reply #17850 on: December 26, 2020, 04:06:51 pm »
Thanks for the help with the meat. That mixer is the deal! Brandon was a big help to and he cooks a mean deer burger on a hot cast iron griddle.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Chosin1N

« Reply #17851 on: December 28, 2020, 11:08:15 pm »
Pappy,

Got some good pics of my Snake R/D bow done by my buddy. Think its finally ready to post.

Mark

https://www.flickr.com/gp/191578567@N04/Kf5P2F
Mark

If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together.   -Fred Bear-

Offline Chosin1N

« Reply #17852 on: December 28, 2020, 11:13:19 pm »
Hopefully everyone can hit the link and see the pics. My buddy took some great pics of my bow.

Mark
Mark

If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together.   -Fred Bear-

Offline HH~

« Reply #17853 on: December 29, 2020, 05:23:02 am »
I can see it Buddy. Those are great pics. He needs to take some pics Bart's Last Bow!

I never saw it at full draw. That is wild! Seen it sling an arrow but never looked at full draw. Really nice rig.

Shawn~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Chosin1N

« Reply #17854 on: December 30, 2020, 07:12:31 pm »
Finally got everything done and submitted my bow for BOTM. Hopefully it will get a vote (lol).

Mark
Mark

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17855 on: December 31, 2020, 07:05:36 am »
You might get one or two. ??? Thanks for sharing Mark2 , it was fun watching you work on it. I am back at the house for the New year with just me and Miss Joanie, then back to the cabin for the weekend. I have had a good week down there, several friends showed up to visit and I got a lot done in the shop, we are up to 26 Hickory stave ready or almost ready and I also got my 2 big hides brained/pre smoked and now in the pulling/stretching and getting them dry stage, good thing is with pre smoking them is I can pull on them until I get tired and then wrap them in a bag, put them in the fridge and pull latter when I am all rested up, ;) so I have them under control. Pulling and stretching them big hide just wear me down, I told someone this week that if I every start 2 at a time again , kick me, they said that's what you said last year. ??? ;) :) :) Hope yall have a good one also, I will have some pictures Monday of the fun. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17856 on: December 31, 2020, 01:29:43 pm »
Hope you have a great New year Pard. We hit it hard in 2021! We got hedge to cut directly.

Shawn~

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17857 on: January 01, 2021, 08:31:45 am »
Yep 2021 has got to be a better year, at least we are hoping so.  ??? Had a good New year with Miss Joanie and myself, very peaceful, Not headed to the cabin until Tomorrow morning, looks like hard rain all day today anyway. :) To wet to dry hides. ;) 2021 is here and hard to believe, never thought back in the 60's and 70's I would live this long, as they say if I had known,I would have sure taken better care of myself. ;) :) Not really, don't know if I would change a thing, been a great life. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17858 on: January 01, 2021, 08:42:14 am »
A happy, safe and healthy 2021 to you, Miss Joanie, Beau, Christina,their kids and everyone else here on PA, Pappy. 2020 was a rough one, one for the books for sure. Lets make 2021 a memorable one too but for a very different but positive reason.  :OK
 It's raining and 50 degs here this morning.  (R
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17859 on: January 03, 2021, 02:05:28 pm »
Thanks Pat, it has been a great peaceful couple of weeks, really enjoyed it. Been at the cabin a lot and got a few things done, also had several friends in and out which make it even better, here are a few pictures of the fun. Still working on hickory stave and got a new meat mixer for Christmas from Beau, it worked great , Beau said he was glad and loved giving useful gifts. I agree. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17860 on: January 03, 2021, 02:09:23 pm »
Shawn and I mixed up some ground venison for Bart's wife, the wife of the good friend we lost a couple weeks back. The mixer really helped and made short work of it. I also laid out some brains to start tanning a couple of big hides I have. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17861 on: January 03, 2021, 02:11:42 pm »
By the way the meat we mixed was very tasty, had to try it before giving it to somebody. ;) :) :) Also got my brains ready and a couple of hides in the soak. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17862 on: January 03, 2021, 02:20:05 pm »
Jon and his brother Dan was coming in for the weekend so I whipped up a batch of venison chili.Blessed with burger this year so use it a lot in everything. Mark2 showed up with his new string jig, it turned out great. Also got my 2 hides ready to pre smoke, I always smoke them after the first soaking and ringing, then again when I am finished, it is some trouble but seems to really help in working the hides, you can stretch and pull a while then rest and do it again, if you don't pre smoke you really need to stay on them till they are dry. Not sure it is the best way but it was the way I was taught and works for me. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17863 on: January 03, 2021, 02:24:54 pm »
Smoke going on. GregB has been a big help on the Hickory, glad to see him out and about again. The big cooker Cracker [from GA.] gave me wasn't working very good after all these years so I decided to rework it and see if I could get it fixed, I did and after a lot of cleaning and filing out the burner holes with a torch file it works like a champ. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17864 on: January 03, 2021, 02:29:29 pm »
The cooker needed a new knob also so I made one from deer antler, what could be more fitting. :) Hickory staves are beginning to add up, 25 ready now. I needed a new pole for my hide ringing so Jon and I cut some and made a new set up, Osage post set  at 2 feet and maple pole to work the hides on. :) Finely got some work out of Jon. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:02:39 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good