Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609195 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #17865 on: January 03, 2021, 02:32:08 pm »
Had to skin the maple with my draw knife, should have done it before I put it up. ??? :) My girls just doing there thing. ;) Also in between things done another euro mount. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:04:26 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #17866 on: January 03, 2021, 02:33:24 pm »
Is that JP? Think I seen him once since July. Glad to see him abouts.

I left that billet bow leaning on bandsaw!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17867 on: January 03, 2021, 02:37:17 pm »
Greg still hard at it, we are reworking the shop a bit, all the sanders in one place and the vices will be added when we get the other tables set up, hopefully this week. :) Also found some old 20 year old billets we plan on splicing, no telling how long they have been hidden up some of my junk. :-[ :-\ :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17868 on: January 03, 2021, 02:43:10 pm »
Sanders in place, Shawn working on the handle on his re curve bow and Mark2 showed up with and old rife he brought back from Afghanistan, cool gun, he said the previous owner didn't fair to well and wouldn't need it any longer.  ??? :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17869 on: January 03, 2021, 02:53:28 pm »
I gave GregB a cow horn he was going to make a powder horn out of with some scrimshawing on it , after clean up he decided it was to pretty to do that and gave it back to me, I gave him another. Woody showed up with his new Christmas tool, I Showed him a draw knife Micky Lotts gifted me at the 14th Classic, both made by the same company in England, very high quality tools, I hung mine up and have never used it, that was 10 years ago and still razor sharp, guess I should do some work with it but it is just so nice, I ant use to that nice of a tool. :) We found another set of short billets, Shawn spliced them and we are planning on a kids bow from them, very nice wood for sure. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:07:45 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17870 on: January 03, 2021, 02:57:57 pm »
Sally and Sister warming by the fire, then after a long day I retired to the cabin for some fried inner loin and taters. Man what a good time I had and I think the others did also. Now back to work, O wait a minute I don't have to go back to work, I can do this again tomorrow. WOW. ;) :) :)
Hope yall had a good one also and a Blessed 2021. ;) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17871 on: January 03, 2021, 06:11:29 pm »
Ya Shawn that was Jon, he came and stayed a couple of days after Christmas with his brother Danny, ya good to see him out,he don't get out as much as he use to. ???  I found the billets you spliced by the band saw, they looked good, guess it's time for a kids bow or maybe a blank for some kid to make a bow, ya that sounds like a better idea. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #17872 on: January 04, 2021, 02:28:42 am »
I hope You and he whole Twin Oaks Gang have a Blessed 2021 - Pray it's better ! Thanks Pappy  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17873 on: January 04, 2021, 06:29:13 am »
Thanks Bob, ya I hope so also, not sure what the future holds but know who holds it, so I think we will be fine. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17874 on: January 08, 2021, 06:14:14 am »
Headed to the cabin for a weekend of who knows what :-\ ;) :) .Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17875 on: January 10, 2021, 02:43:22 pm »
Great weekend, pretty cold but once out in it for a day or 2 you get use to it, ;) Got the wall all finished up by the fire pit, I will say it turned out nice, nice to look at and keeps the wind off the fire pit and weather off my equipment , so all good. Still have a few things to hang but over all it's done. Also got a lot of clean up done around the shop, I found stuff I forgot I had and now can fine them , at least for now. ;) :) Got some work done on the Hickory staves and also almost have my 2 hides ready to smoke. Had lot of buddies come by also, it was a very good weekend for sure. Here are a few pictures. The wall and my work bench and stove area all redone, it works a lot better , don't know why I haven't done this earlier. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:10:10 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17876 on: January 10, 2021, 02:45:55 pm »
More clean up,moved the arrow build area to the new shed, a good fire and some work done on the kids Osage splice.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17877 on: January 10, 2021, 02:51:07 pm »
New bench for debarking staves, this should work nice, got a spots for 2 staves at a time plus another vice for bow work, Brats for lunch and some hide work, they are looking very good but not quite dry yet, it was cloudy and damp, hard to dry a hide in them conditions . ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17878 on: January 10, 2021, 02:56:07 pm »
Had some heavy bark come off a persimmon Burl, so Shawn and I made a bowl from it, pretty cool, waste not want not. ;) :) Also started consolidating my pine pitch and wax, had it scattered every where in bags and cans, now I have it all clean and ready to use when needed. :)The cleaned up new outside stove area worked out great for that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17879 on: January 10, 2021, 03:01:18 pm »
Will showed up and spent most of the day, he sang me a new song he had just written the night before, it was great, that boy has talent. Then we went out on the practice rang for some shooting, Dan has the range set up very nice, 4 elk and lots of big critters on it. 25 targets in all and set up really nice for hunting shots. :) about a mile around it so get some good exercise to boot. ;) :) I think Shawn won but we all hung in pretty good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good